Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Change speed on network card
Operating Systems Solaris Change speed on network card Post 302126184 by hshapiro on Tuesday 10th of July 2007 12:51:14 PM
Old 07-10-2007
Change speed on network card

I recently learned that Sun Solaris network cards (ce devices) have problems with ndd -get commands. I did some searching and found out about the netstat -k command to show me the link speed. What is the best way to change the link speed (both one time and permanently)?

I am running Solaris 9

thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Speed of network link

Sorry to keep bothering you guys like this with all these boring, related questions. But here's one that should be more readily answerable. What command or file should i use to get the speed/data rate of a network link? This is the capacity speed for instance 10Mbps or 100 Mbps in the case of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mint1981
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

network speed is slow

Hello, everyone: i encounter a problem these days , pls help me ,thanks in advance. my env: machine: ES40 A ES40 B os: true64 Unix 4.0f note: src.tar 8M network card speed 100M my problem: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: q30
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

Network speed on HPUX

Hello, can anyone tell me how to change network speed or duplex speed...don't understand the concept why that is imp when the server comes back up to check up on it. Basically have to make sure that the setting from the orginial speed. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: catwomen
2 Replies

4. Solaris

How to check Virtual NIC card speed on solaris

Hi, We have a 4 port Sun gigaswift NIC card on our sun fire server. If the card is a physical one I know how to check the settings/speed. But since this is a virtual card with 4 ports , I am not sure as how we can check the settings. Details ----------- root:/> ifconfig -a lo0:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pray44u
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can i see ethernet card speed in solars

hai this is nagesh when i was doing practical , i find some dought. iam using solaris 9. how can i see the ethernet card speed , wheather it is halfduplex or full duplex.any body please help me (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag.mi2000
4 Replies

6. Solaris

network speed

i have first server (sun solaris 5.10) for example X(172.x.x.x) and i have second server (sun solaris 5.10) for example Y(192.x.x.x) also we have 3 clients PC (windows XP)(172.x.x.x) the X server connect to Y server and to clients PC * who to know the network speed between X and Y * who to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anwar
1 Replies

7. Linux

changing speed of NIC Card in linux

Hi, I would like to know how to change the speed of ethernet card in linux? as it is showing auto-neg using mii-tool -v eth0 and my requirement is 100mbps full duplex. Regards, Manoj (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Determine the ethernet (NIC) card speed.

Hi, Does anyone know how can I determine the maximum capable speed on a network interface card for different OS like HP, Sun, AIX and Linux. I am aware of the tool "ethtool" which can be used for Linux. Are there any handly commands or /proc files where I can get this info depending on the OS.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: devtakh
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Finding speed of NIC Card

Hi, I would like to know how to find out ACTUAL speed of NIC Card. I have used the command ethtool eth0, it is showing supported modes, but what is acutal speed ? how to find out? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

Local Network Speed

Dear All, I have an intel NUC running CentOS 7 and physically connected to my Netgear CBVG834G router. They both have Gigabit Ethernet cards and supposedly a top notch network cable connecting the two devices. But when I run ethtool the connection is only running at 100Mbit/s What can I do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
3 Replies
usb_other_speed_cfg_descr(9S)				    Data Structures for Drivers 			     usb_other_speed_cfg_descr(9S)

NAME
usb_other_speed_cfg_descr - USB other speed configuration descriptor SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/usb/usba.h> INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI) DESCRIPTION
The usb_other_speed_cfg_descr_t configuration descriptor defines how fields of a high speed device's configuration descriptor change if that device is run at its other speed. Fields of this descriptor reflect configuration descriptor field changes if a device's speed is changed from full to high speed, or from high to full speed. Please refer to Section 9.6.4 of the USB 2.0 specification. The USB 2.0 specification is available at www.usb.org. This descriptor has the following fields: uint8_t bLength Size of this descriptor, in bytes. uint8_t bDescriptorType Set to USB_DESCR_TYPE_OTHER_SPEED_CFG. uint16_t wTotalLength Total length of data returned */ including all descriptors in the current other-speed configuration. uint8_t bNumInterfaces Number of interfaces in the selected configuration. uint8_t bConfigurationValue ID of the current other-speed configuration (1-based). uint8_t iConfiguration Configuration value. Valid if > 0. Pass to usb_get_string_descr(9F) to retrieve string. uint8_t bmAttributes Configuration characteristics [See usb_cfg_descr(9S).] uint8_t bMaxPower Maximum power consumption in 2mA units. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |PCI-based systems | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWusbu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), usb_get_alt_if(9F), usb_get_cfg(9F), usb_get_dev_data(9F), usb_get_string_descr(9F), usb_parse_data(9F), usb_cfg_descr(9S), usb_ctrl_request(9S), usb_dev_descr(9S), usb_dev_qlf_descr(9S) SunOS 5.11 5 Jan 2004 usb_other_speed_cfg_descr(9S)