Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: need zpool to revert...
Operating Systems Solaris need zpool to revert... Post 302125949 by SankarV on Monday 9th of July 2007 08:27:06 AM
Old 07-09-2007
need zpool to revert...

hi i have created a pool using zpool command for my /dev/dsk/c1d0s3 disk.

The poolname is qwertyuiopasdfghjklmnbvcxzzxcvbnmasdfghjklqwertyuiopoiuytrewqasdfghjklkjhgfdsazxcvbnmmnbnbcxczxzassd
ddddvfhfghgjjgjhgkhkljfjlhohihiuyuioyguioyguiowyuiogwyuigwrigywuigyguiyuiogyugiyguioyuyguiowygiuygui
tyguigyuigywruiogwhkjshvksdhvjksdbjghjhjlhlghjkhsd12345

This is exactly 256 characters. I tried this to check maximum name size of the pool.

Now i cannot work with it or destroy it even forcefully(-f). Its always returning the error

internal error: unexpected error 78 at line 1684 of ../common/libzfs_dataset.c

Please help me to get back my partition so that i can create a new pool with small pool name.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Revert SVN import

Instead of importing a project/folder as svn import vlsms/ file:///home/repo/vlsms -m "Initial Upload" I did svn import vlsms/ file:///home/repo -m "Initial Upload" How to undo this import (in a clean way,without trace?) ---------- Post updated at 03:10 AM ---------- Previous update was at... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnbach
0 Replies

2. Linux

Is it possible to revert a file after overwriting it ?

Long story short, there was some sort of corruption with my ide and the script I was working on has been over written with nothing (the file is blank now). The IDE doesn't store a back up from what I know (I'm using notepadd++ in wine lol I know I know I'm addictted to the nppftp sidebar and geany... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noPermissions
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

HP-UX revert from trusted system to default

All, I have inherited some software that is running on HP-HX 11.11. The software ofers a GUI login and the user passwords can be either internal to the software, user defined or based on the matching unix account. The problem I have is that the server has been converted to 'trusted' years... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

gmail revert to old look permanently

I thought I would share gmail revert to old look permanently. I am sure I am not the only one annoyed by the new look. Install Stylish extension Choose the Stylish UserStyle that you want. I know The Return of Old Gmail and gmail-b2b both work but I prefer gmail-b2b since I think it looks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CVS command to revert deleted files

Hi, I have deleted a file and commited in CVS. So, is there any CVS command to revert back that deleted file with existing log messages. --Thanks in advance Madhu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhuti
1 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

[Solved] EMERGENCY - can I revert 1 hour of mysql changes

I know, its stupid.. MYSQL on CENTOS 5 using WHM Imported a lot of users/posts from old forum to new forum, but my backup was lost. Can I somehow simply remove all mysql table changes for the last 3 hours, returning to pre-import status. ---------- Post updated at 03:44 AM ----------... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawstudent
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to revert default prompt in Linux after setting PS1 command

I have given as: PS1="Karthick>" in linux. Now the prompt changed as: Karthick> Now I need to get back the default prompt . How to achieve this? Thanks in advance (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthick nath
13 Replies

8. Red Hat

Snapshot revert fails in my KVM setup

Hi All, I am trying to revert a snapshot and I am getting the below error message in my KVM setup (RHEL6.5). Reverting to a snapshot is failing. I used the below command to create the snapshot. Below is my snapshot list: virsh snapshot-list TestImg –tree ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
0 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Help me to revert the file /root/.ssh/authorized_keys

Hi, I copied the key of rsa.pub to authorized_keys using the below command cat /root/.ssh/id_rsa.pub >> /root/.ssh/authorized_keys By mistake i have executed another command view cat /root/.ssh/id_rsa.pub >> /root/.ssh/authorized_keys so now additional keys are copied.so please help me... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
3 Replies
asadmin-ping-connection-pool(1AS)				   User Commands				 asadmin-ping-connection-pool(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-ping-connection-pool, ping-connection-pool - tests that a connection pool is usable SYNOPSIS
ping-connection-pool --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile filename] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=true] pool_name Tests that a connection pool is usable for both JDBC connection pools and connector connection pools. For example, if you create a new JDBC connection pool for use with an application that is expected to be deployed, before deploying the application, the previously created pool is tested with this command. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. OPERANDS
poolname name of the connection pool to be tested. Example 1: Using ping-connection-pool Before you can ping a connection pool, you must: o Create a connection pool with authentication. o Make sure the Enterprise Information Server (can be the database) is started. asadmin> ping-connection-pool --user admin1 --password adminadmin1 --host pigeon --port 5001 sampleConnectionPool Command ping-connection-pool executed successfully EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-connector-connection-pool(1AS), asadmin-delete-connector-connection-pool(1AS), asadmin-list-connector-connection-pool(1AS), asadmin-create-jdbc-connection-pool(1AS), asadmin-delete--jdbc-connection-pool(1AS)asadmin- list--jdbc-connection-pools(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-ping-connection-pool(1AS)