Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: changing my username?
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators changing my username? Post 302125864 by Bashar on Sunday 8th of July 2007 01:04:40 PM
Old 07-08-2007
hehe worked just fine, thanks Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Username creation

Hi, There was a problem when creating a username. which was to be mapped in nis. but we encountered a problem and decided to delete the username. So instead of using the userdel command we acidentally deleted the username entry in the passwd file, which does not have backup. So upon recreating... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek_scv
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing userID and Changing group and GID

Hello, I want to write a ksh script about changing UID and changing group with GID. There are multiple servers i want to perform that job. linux1 linux2 linux3 linux4 linux5 ...... . . . . . 1.) How can i enter "password" in script rather asking me? I was trying this... ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deal732
2 Replies

3. AIX

Username with more than 8 Characters

Hey, i'm using AIX 5.3 which authenticates against a Microsoft Active Directory. Everything works fine but like everytime there's a problem. I created users with usernames with more than 8 characters. Now i tried do login on AIX with these users, which didn't work. The login-window... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: damn-86
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Using all numeric for username

Hello, We have a Solaris 9 machine and recently our client want to create username based on staff numbers (all numeric). Is there any limitation in Solaris regarding creating username with numeric values (eg: 13598029)? Thanks & Regards Aryawarman Mahzar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aryamahzar
5 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

username

Is it possible to change my username in this site or is thre a way to delete my account and then create a new one with a diffrent user name (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: floresr
2 Replies

6. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

customized username?

Hi i have registered but my username is set to default value ( my email). can i change this ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: customizeemai
2 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

How to change my username?

Moderators, I want to change my username. I tried but unable to find a way to do that. Can you please assist? Thanks & Regards Abedi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: katherine2008
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Su -i username not working why

Hi all, System is Solaris10 There is one script which i was able to execute with following entry:- su user1 -c "/u01/scripts/mfg/_db-start.all" But when I do this, which asked to do with -i option su -i user1 -c "/u01/scripts/mfg/_db-start.all" It gives following message:-... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
1 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Do I need to change my Username/PW?

After mis-typing my password once, I logged in. And after the "welcome Clovis_Sangrail" message displayed for a little less than a second, the display changed to a screen to recover my username and/or my password (it prompted for an email address). Clearly, I don't need to do that. Maybe... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Clovis_Sangrail
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Why does "ps -[u|U] username" not list processes when username is numeric?

Greetings, The title pretty much says it all. I've snooped everywhere and can't find anything on this. Since our organization went to numeric usernames, using the u|U option for ps returns no processes. Example passwd entry: 320074:DjZAJKXun8HBs:10129:6006:Joe Y:/cadhome/analysis/jy:/bin/bash... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimso
4 Replies
privgrp(5)							File Formats Manual							privgrp(5)

NAME
privgrp - HP-UX group privileges DESCRIPTION
HP-UX allows subletting of limited superuser-like privileges to all users or to members of a particular group or groups. This capability is deprecated and only existing applications should use it. The newer fine-grained privilege facilities described in privileges(5) should be used by new applications. The header defines the following symbolic privilege names: and All but one of the group privileges are supported as fine-grained privileges and described in privileges(5). The one group privilege not supported as a fine-grained privilege is: Permits the use of the and system calls for changing respectively the real user ID and real group ID of a process (see setuid(2)). This behavior of is deprecated and only legacy applications should use it. Newer applications should use and respec- tively, to achieve the same effect. (No special privileges required.) The header defines two additional symbolic constants: defines the maximum number of groups with special privileges. Of this maximum, one is reserved for global privileges (granted to all processes) and the remainder can be assigned to actual group IDs. defines the size of the multi-word mask used in defining privileges associated with a group ID. The and commands and the and system calls may be used to define and query the privilege group associations. The group privileges are automatically initialized from the contents of (see privgrp(4)) at boot time. WARNINGS
This mechanism is deprecated and only legacy applications should use it. See privileges(5) for a description of fine-grained privileges. SEE ALSO
getprivgrp(1), setprivgrp(1M), chown(2), getprivgrp(2), lockf(2), mpctl(2), plock(2), pset_create(2), rtprio(2), rtsched(2), serialize(2), setgid(2), setuid(2), shmctl(2), privgrp(4), privileges(5). privgrp(5)