Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: another perl question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting another perl question Post 302125791 by hankooknara on Saturday 7th of July 2007 02:09:55 PM
Old 07-07-2007
thank you...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about Perl

Where can i find solid information about programming in Perl? Thank you in advance!!!:) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SolidSnake
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: tk question

When i run my perl/tk script, a perl window pops up behind the GUI window,, can this be hidden???? Also, can the Icon be changed, the Tk icon in every window??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl question

If I use 2 system commands in a script, will one finish before the next one starts? or will it start the first and the second at the same time? i.e. system("ps | grep rminer"); system("ls -al | grep 431"); (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL question

Hello, pkzipc of a certain zip file yeilds the following in shell PKZIP(R) Version 6.0 FAST! Compression Utility for AIX Copyright 1989-2002 PKWARE Inc. All Rights Reserved. Registered Version PKZIP Reg. U.S. Pat. and Tm. Off. Patent No. 5,051,745 Viewing .ZIP: test.zip Length... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

another perl question

I copy and paste from the book but this thing is not working. I cannot figure out what is wrong with myline 9.. can someone please tell me # cat ./sort4.pl #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use warnings; my $input = shift; my $output = shift; open(IN, '<', $input) or die... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hankooknara
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl question regarding [ ]

Below program, I do not get why item I am looking for is , instead of . When I do $#text, i get the right value for $value1, but when I do , i get somsething4, instead of somsethingxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(which is what I am looking for. when I do , I get empty.. why? what did I do wrong? can you... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

another perl question

I have a question regarding bulding a hash from a file which has below pattern I thought I could write something like this but clearly my syntax is way off $/ = "\n\n"; $" = "\n"; open(FILE, file1) || die; my %keymaster = ( ); while (<FILE>) { my $topinfo =~... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL Question ...

I am reading a file in perl script .. during the debug the $linein value is : linein : +ASM1,sys,||¬ |3Æqúoü;”ט|| from this line I am getting the tmepuser and password from above : ($tmpuser, $pwd) = ($linein =~ /^$server\s*,\s*(+)\s*,\|\|(.+)\|\|/sm); I am getting $tmpuser and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Question

Hello all, I have the following line: xxx|xxxx|xxxx|xxx.xx|xxx And i insert the values in an array. I am trying to find out if the field of the array (where field=xxx.xx) has the '.' character. I am using the code below but it doesn't seem to work. if($field=~ /./) { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl question about

Hello everybody, I am new at the forum and a total newbie when it comes to Unix. I am trying to see how I can add the ability to kill a user's processes? I want to add this to my Shel Script Add the code/process into a subroutine. Also, I would like to use an array to store the list... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinelisch
0 Replies
PCRESAMPLE(3)						     Library Functions Manual						     PCRESAMPLE(3)

NAME
PCRE - Perl-compatible regular expressions PCRE SAMPLE PROGRAM
A simple, complete demonstration program, to get you started with using PCRE, is supplied in the file pcredemo.c in the PCRE distribution. The program compiles the regular expression that is its first argument, and matches it against the subject string in its second argument. No PCRE options are set, and default character tables are used. If matching succeeds, the program outputs the portion of the subject that matched, together with the contents of any captured substrings. If the -g option is given on the command line, the program then goes on to check for further matches of the same regular expression in the same subject string. The logic is a little bit tricky because of the possibility of matching an empty string. Comments in the code explain what is going on. If PCRE is installed in the standard include and library directories for your system, you should be able to compile the demonstration pro- gram using this command: gcc -o pcredemo pcredemo.c -lpcre If PCRE is installed elsewhere, you may need to add additional options to the command line. For example, on a Unix-like system that has PCRE installed in /usr/local, you can compile the demonstration program using a command like this: gcc -o pcredemo -I/usr/local/include pcredemo.c -L/usr/local/lib -lpcre Once you have compiled the demonstration program, you can run simple tests like this: ./pcredemo 'cat|dog' 'the cat sat on the mat' ./pcredemo -g 'cat|dog' 'the dog sat on the cat' Note that there is a much more comprehensive test program, called pcretest, which supports many more facilities for testing regular expres- sions and the PCRE library. The pcredemo program is provided as a simple coding example. On some operating systems (e.g. Solaris), when PCRE is not installed in the standard library directory, you may get an error like this when you try to run pcredemo: ld.so.1: a.out: fatal: libpcre.so.0: open failed: No such file or directory This is caused by the way shared library support works on those systems. You need to add -R/usr/local/lib (for example) to the compile command to get round this problem. AUTHOR
Philip Hazel University Computing Service Cambridge CB2 3QH, England. REVISION
Last updated: 23 January 2008 Copyright (c) 1997-2008 University of Cambridge. PCRESAMPLE(3)