Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problems AIX and SAN.
Operating Systems AIX Problems AIX and SAN. Post 302125703 by kapilraj on Friday 6th of July 2007 01:02:59 PM
Old 07-06-2007
You will need to make use of some multipathing software like powerpath,SDD or IBM MPIO [ it's free ].

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

urgent problems with ESS SAN, SDD upgrade on AIX 5.3 server

Hi all, Sorry if this is in the wrong place but needed to make sure lots of people saw this so that hopefully someone will be able to help. Basically i've upgraded a test server from 4.3 to 5.3 TL04. The server has hdisk0 and 1 as rootvg locally but then has another vg setup on our ESS... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: djdavies
5 Replies

2. AIX

AIX SAN configuration problems/oddity

Hi, I have a strange problem. we're trying to connect an IBM pseries, to a Brocade switch, for SAN acess, using a badged emulex card, (IBM FC6239) WE can configure the device to see the fabric. The only problem we have is that the Brocade sees the HBA as storage, and not as a HBA. We've zoned... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praxis22
1 Replies

3. AIX

AIX disk less with SAN

Hi All, I have mirrored SAN volume on my B80 rootvg. Can I just remove the mirror and "Remove a P V from a V G" and it will be a diskless AIX? Is that going to boot on SAN rootvg volume? Thanks in advance, itik (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

4. AIX

maintenance on the SAN with AIX

Hi All, I need to do maintenance on the SAN. Do I need to shutdown AIX as well? Or I can just unmount the SAN-FS and let the SAN reboot or do maintenance mode. And then when SAN is up, just mount it back. Is that simple it is or not? Thanks in advance, itik (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. AIX

wwpn of san on aix

Hi All, How do I pull out the wwpn of san interface on aix53? Any idea, thanks. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. AIX

AIX, VIOS and DS4800 SAN

Hello I have a system with four AIX 5L V5.3 partitions and a Virtual I/O server, connected to a a DS4800 storage array. Now the company bought another DS4800... i made raid on it... and now i wanna give LUN's to the VIOS, so i can use in one of AIX partitions... Someone can help me? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfca
5 Replies

7. AIX

AIX mount points (SAN)

I have a mount point that I would like to have RW on one server and RO on 2 other servers. The issue that I have is that it does not seem to update on the RO servers when I make changes on the server that is RW. Lets say I have /oracle/clone mounted RW on serverA. I am able to mount /oracle/clone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seacros
2 Replies

8. AIX

AIX San management

Hi All, I'm looking for documents and books about SAN management in AIX5.3. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Greetings, Peter (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: petervg
1 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Oracle/Xen/OVM/OCFS2/Multipath/SAN Problems

Setup: Multiple Virtual Machines running OEL5 / Oracle RDBMS 11.2 OVM 2 / Xen 3.4.0 Cluster consisting of 3 Machines Shared SAN Storage synced with OCFS2 SAN connected with 4GB FC on 4 Paths per LUN SAN target are 2 EMC Clariion mirroring each other The problems we're facing are that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pludi
6 Replies

10. AIX

AIX LPAR FC connection to SAN

Hi all, In my system, I have HMC 7 with Power Machine 6 & 7. On the managed system, we have many lpars. In some lpars, I can see they are using virtual fiber channel to connect to DS8K storage. In search with google, I understand that it is configured with VIOS server to share the physical FC... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phat
7 Replies
EHCI(4)                                                    BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual                                                    EHCI(4)

NAME
ehci -- USB Enhanced Host Controller driver SYNOPSIS
device ehci DESCRIPTION
The ehci driver provides support for the USB Enhanced Host Controller Interface, which is used by USB 2.0 controllers. EHCI controllers are peculiar in that they can only handle the USB 2.0 protocol. This means that they normally have one or more companion controllers (i.e., ohci(4) or uhci(4)) handling USB 1.x devices. Consequently each USB connector is electrically connected to two USB con- trollers. The handling of this is totally automatic, but can be noticed since USB 1.x and USB 2.0 devices plugged in to the same connector appear to connect to different USB busses. SEE ALSO
ohci(4), uhci(4), usb(4) HISTORY
The ehci device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 5.1. BUGS
The driver is not finished and is quite buggy. There is currently no support for isochronous transfers. BSD March 20, 2005 BSD