Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: split to array in perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting split to array in perl Post 302125629 by bigearsbilly on Friday 6th of July 2007 05:29:40 AM
Old 07-06-2007
FYI

this is a cheating way to accept files on
command line or a named one if none

Code:
@ARGV = ("filename") unless @ARGV;
# then

@A = <>; # slurp the file(s)

or 

while (<>) # read line by line for all files

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get array to not split at spaces?

I have been working on some code for a while, that will parse a log file, look for a specified time discrepancy between entries, and then print that line +/- n other lines out to a file... #!/bin/bash file=$1 # The input log file maxTime=$2 # The time discrepancy to look for n=$3 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jjinno
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

split variable values into array

i have these values inside variable $blah BUNGA TERATAI 3 5055 ITH 1 0 0 0 1 1 JADE TRADER 143W ITH 4 0 0 0 4 4 MOL SPLENDOR 0307A ITH 3 0 0 0 3 3 so how do I split them into array with the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: finalight
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

split and making an array inside another array

I want to run an awk split on a value that has been pushed through an array and I was wondering what the syntax should be?? e.g. running time strings through an array and trying to examine just minutes: 12:25:30 10:15:13 08:55:23 awk ' NR==FNR{ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcfargo
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl, put one array into many array when field is equal to sth

Hi Everyone, #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; my @test=("a;b;qqq;c;d","a;b;ggg;c;d","a;b;qqq;c;d"); would like to split the @test array into two array: @test1=(("a;b;qqq;c;d","a;b;qqq;c;d"); and @test2=("a;b;ggg;c;d"); means search for 3rd filed. Thanks find the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Split lines into array - variable line items - variable no of lines.

Hi, I have the following lines that I would like to see in an array for easy comparisons and printing: Example 1: field1,field2,field3,field4,field5 value1,value2,value3,value4,value5Example 2: field1,field3,field4,field2,field5,field6,field7... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejdv
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL : Read an array and write to another array with intial string pattern checks

I have an array and two variables as below, I need to check if $datevar is present in $filename. If so, i need to replace $filename with the values in the array. I need the output inside an ARRAY How can this be done. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

split string into array in shell

Hi all, I want to split a string into array based on given delimiter, for example: String: "foo|bar|baz" with delimiter "|" into array: strArr to strArr with values foo, bar and baz. Thanks a lot. Roy987 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roy987
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl split and array

Hello, I have the following code: while ($line = <fd_in>) { 126 $line = " " . $line ; 127 print "our_line:$line\n"; 128 @list = split (/\s+/, $line) ; 129 print "after_split:@list\n"; 130 print "$list\t$list\t$list\t$list\t$list\t$list$list\t\n"; 131 $len =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to split a string into array?

value=malayalam # i need to store the value in an array by splitting the character #the output i need is m a l a y a l a m Please use CODE tags for output data as well as required by forum rules! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meeran Rizvi
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to split the string value to an array?

Test1.txt Tom is hot Test.sh filename="/directory/Test1.txt" set - A store while IFS= read value do awk '{split($value,store," ")}' done < "$filename" echo ${#sore} From the code in the executing file, I would like each... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestKing
8 Replies
ExtUtils::Command::MM(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				ExtUtils::Command::MM(3pm)

NAME
ExtUtils::Command::MM - Commands for the MM's to use in Makefiles SYNOPSIS
perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" -e "function" "--" arguments... DESCRIPTION
FOR INTERNAL USE ONLY! The interface is not stable. ExtUtils::Command::MM encapsulates code which would otherwise have to be done with large "one" liners. Any $(FOO) used in the examples are make variables, not Perl. test_harness test_harness($verbose, @test_libs); Runs the tests on @ARGV via Test::Harness passing through the $verbose flag. Any @test_libs will be unshifted onto the test's @INC. @test_libs are run in alphabetical order. pod2man pod2man( '--option=value', $podfile1 => $manpage1, $podfile2 => $manpage2, ... ); # or args on @ARGV pod2man() is a function performing most of the duties of the pod2man program. Its arguments are exactly the same as pod2man as of 5.8.0 with the addition of: --perm_rw octal permission to set the resulting manpage to And the removal of: --verbose/-v --help/-h If no arguments are given to pod2man it will read from @ARGV. If Pod::Man is unavailable, this function will warn and return undef. warn_if_old_packlist perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" -e warn_if_old_packlist <somefile> Displays a warning that an old packlist file was found. Reads the filename from @ARGV. perllocal_install perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" -e perllocal_install <type> <module name> <key> <value> ... # VMS only, key|value pairs come on STDIN perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" -e perllocal_install <type> <module name> < <key>|<value> ... Prints a fragment of POD suitable for appending to perllocal.pod. Arguments are read from @ARGV. 'type' is the type of what you're installing. Usually 'Module'. 'module name' is simply the name of your module. (Foo::Bar) Key/value pairs are extra information about the module. Fields include: installed into which directory your module was out into LINKTYPE dynamic or static linking VERSION module version number EXE_FILES any executables installed in a space seperated list uninstall perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" -e uninstall <packlist> A wrapper around ExtUtils::Install::uninstall(). Warns that uninstallation is deprecated and doesn't actually perform the uninstallation. perl v5.12.1 2010-04-26 ExtUtils::Command::MM(3pm)