Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: split to array in perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting split to array in perl Post 302125627 by jaganadh on Friday 6th of July 2007 05:21:31 AM
Old 07-06-2007
excately .
Thanks a lot.
I am conducting some study on the Behavior of English language. I prepared this program to get some data.
I got excta solution
Thanks lot
Jaganadh.G
Linguist

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get array to not split at spaces?

I have been working on some code for a while, that will parse a log file, look for a specified time discrepancy between entries, and then print that line +/- n other lines out to a file... #!/bin/bash file=$1 # The input log file maxTime=$2 # The time discrepancy to look for n=$3 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jjinno
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

split variable values into array

i have these values inside variable $blah BUNGA TERATAI 3 5055 ITH 1 0 0 0 1 1 JADE TRADER 143W ITH 4 0 0 0 4 4 MOL SPLENDOR 0307A ITH 3 0 0 0 3 3 so how do I split them into array with the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: finalight
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

split and making an array inside another array

I want to run an awk split on a value that has been pushed through an array and I was wondering what the syntax should be?? e.g. running time strings through an array and trying to examine just minutes: 12:25:30 10:15:13 08:55:23 awk ' NR==FNR{ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcfargo
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl, put one array into many array when field is equal to sth

Hi Everyone, #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; my @test=("a;b;qqq;c;d","a;b;ggg;c;d","a;b;qqq;c;d"); would like to split the @test array into two array: @test1=(("a;b;qqq;c;d","a;b;qqq;c;d"); and @test2=("a;b;ggg;c;d"); means search for 3rd filed. Thanks find the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Split lines into array - variable line items - variable no of lines.

Hi, I have the following lines that I would like to see in an array for easy comparisons and printing: Example 1: field1,field2,field3,field4,field5 value1,value2,value3,value4,value5Example 2: field1,field3,field4,field2,field5,field6,field7... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejdv
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL : Read an array and write to another array with intial string pattern checks

I have an array and two variables as below, I need to check if $datevar is present in $filename. If so, i need to replace $filename with the values in the array. I need the output inside an ARRAY How can this be done. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

split string into array in shell

Hi all, I want to split a string into array based on given delimiter, for example: String: "foo|bar|baz" with delimiter "|" into array: strArr to strArr with values foo, bar and baz. Thanks a lot. Roy987 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roy987
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl split and array

Hello, I have the following code: while ($line = <fd_in>) { 126 $line = " " . $line ; 127 print "our_line:$line\n"; 128 @list = split (/\s+/, $line) ; 129 print "after_split:@list\n"; 130 print "$list\t$list\t$list\t$list\t$list\t$list$list\t\n"; 131 $len =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to split a string into array?

value=malayalam # i need to store the value in an array by splitting the character #the output i need is m a l a y a l a m Please use CODE tags for output data as well as required by forum rules! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meeran Rizvi
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to split the string value to an array?

Test1.txt Tom is hot Test.sh filename="/directory/Test1.txt" set - A store while IFS= read value do awk '{split($value,store," ")}' done < "$filename" echo ${#sore} From the code in the executing file, I would like each... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestKing
8 Replies
DEBCONF-GETLANG(1)						      Debconf							DEBCONF-GETLANG(1)

NAME
debconf-getlang - extract a language from a templates file SYNOPSIS
debconf-getlang lang master [translation] debconf-getlang --stats master translation [...] DESCRIPTION
Note: This utility is deprecated; you should switch to using the po-debconf package. This program helps make and manage translations of debconf templates. There are basically three situations in which this program might be called: A translation is just being started. You want to provide the translator with a file they can work on that has the English fields from your templates file, plus blank Field- ll fields for the target language that they can fill in. To do this, run the program with first parameter being the code for the language that is being translated to, and the second parameter being the filename of the English templates file. A translation is well under way. You have changed some English text, or added more items to your templates file, and you want to send the translators a file with the English text plus their current translations (or you are the translator, and you want to generate such a file for your own use). To accomplish this, run the program with the first parameter being the the code for the language that is being translated to, the second parameter being the filename of the master English templates file, and the third parameter being the filename of the current translated file. When run this way, the program is smart enough to notice fuzzy translations. For example a fuzzy Description will be output as Description-<lang>-fuzzy, and a new, blank Description-<lang> will be added. Translators should remove the -fuzzy fields as they correct the fuzzy translations. Checking the status of a translation To check the status of a translation, use the --status flag, and pass the english template file as the first parameter, and all the other translated templates after that. It will output statistics for each of them. For example: debconf-getlang --stats debian/templates debian/templates.* NOTE
Note that the text in the generated templates may be word-wrapped by debconf. SEE ALSO
debconf-mergetemplate(1) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2012-09-10 DEBCONF-GETLANG(1)