Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash scripting question re: newlines Post 302125489 by Shell_Life on Thursday 5th of July 2007 03:57:38 PM
Old 07-05-2007
Retrovertigo,
Please show us a sample of your input file and expected output.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash scripting help

hi all i'm trying to get a script working upon connection with pppd According to docu this happens ina clean environment with a couple of variables set, namely $1,$2,... To be able to execute the statements i included a path statement but i think i'm running into trouble with the variables -... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimjones
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash scripting help!!

Hi, can anyone help me with my scrip please. I wanted do following tasks: 1. List all the directory 2. A STDIN to ask user to enter a directory name from listed directories 3. command to check if the directory exists( or a command to validate if the user entered a valid directory name)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eminjan
3 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

bash,scripting

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: i have to do this but i am confused, Create a file containing the bash functions which perform the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CRAZYLITTLELOU
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash scripting, question about a variable

Hey, So I've run into a problem, due to my limited knowledge of Bash scripting. Basically I've got a long script and I want to understand it before I even try and edit it. As long as I don't understand the script, I will not bother editing it. Anyway, the following variable confuses me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abciscool
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Preserving newlines when writing loops on the command line in bash

Dear All, I have a question that's been difficult to get an answer to. I often write command line loops, e.g. find files, print name, grep for term, apply sed, etc I use both zsh and bash. When I write a loop e.g. for line in `more myfile.txt` > do > echo $line > done but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnK1
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash scripting question

have a script that calls child scripts depending on conditions. All of the child scripts source in a common file that contains shared functions. At the moment each script has to source this file itself, is there a way for the master script to automagically source the file for them? For... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redman
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash scripting

same script: 1- i am using grep to find a string called: tinker panic 0 in a file /etc/ntp.conf if the string is not there, i want to add the strings in /etc/ntp.conf file in the first line of the file. if not do nothing or exit. 2- also i want to add # in front of the following lines in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Beginner Bash Scripting Question

Hello, I am new to Linux and studying to become a Unix System Admin. I am taking a course in which I was practicing creating a bash script to ping a particular IP address. The script can be found below: #/bin/bash echo "Enter the IP address" read ip if then ping -c 1 $ip if ;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shah9250
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Total Noob BASH scripting question

Hello All, I have a file of ip addresses called activeips.txt What I'm trying to do is run a simple bash script that has a loop in it. The loop is a cat of the IP addresses in the file. The goal is to run 2 nmap commands to give me outputs where each address in the list has an OS... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dirk_Pitt
11 Replies
GR_PLOT_CHAR(1) 						   User Commands						   GR_PLOT_CHAR(1)

NAME
gr_plot_char - plot samples versus time for byte/char data SYNOPSIS
gr_plot_char: [options] input_filenames DESCRIPTION
Takes a GNU Radio byte/char binary file and displays the samples versus time. You can set the block size to specify how many points to read in at a time and the start position in the file. By default, the system assumes a sample rate of 1, so in time, each sample is plotted versus the sample number. To set a true time axis, set the sample rate (-R or --sample-rate) to the sample rate used when capturing the samples. OPTIONS
-h, --help show this help message and exit -B BLOCK, --block=BLOCK Specify the block size [default=1000] -s START, --start=START Specify where to start in the file [default=0] -R SAMPLE_RATE, --sample-rate=SAMPLE_RATE Set the sampler rate of the data [default=1.0] SEE ALSO
gr_plot_char(1) gr_plot_const(1) gr_plot_fft_c(1) gr_plot_fft_f(1) gr_plot_float(1) gr_plot_int(1) gr_plot_iq(1) gr_plot_psd_c(1) gr_plot_psd_f(1) gr_plot_qt(1) gr_plot_short(1) gr_plot_char 3.5 December 2011 GR_PLOT_CHAR(1)