Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? How Much Vacation Do You Take Every Year? Post 302125486 by Shell_Life on Thursday 5th of July 2007 03:45:50 PM
Old 07-05-2007
Most of the jobs that I had here in the US gave me between 10 and 15
working days plus two discretionary days and several sick days.

I always take the discretionary first and then vacation, as discretionary
days are not paid when you quit.

When I was working in Brazil, vacation was 30 consecutive days -- by
law you are allowed to sell 10 days and you cannot carry over any days
for next vacation.

The last vacation I had was January of last year, for fifteen working days.

I took a new job last November, thus I have not had any vacation since January.

I plan to take a sebbatical pretty soon.

Enjoying life is much more important than money.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Vacation Announcements

I thought this would be a useful thread to announce vacation periods, so us regulars will be known to be on/off. If another admin thinks this is stupid, go ahead and un-pin it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: otheus
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

How Much Vacation Do You Take? | UNIX.com Community | Annual Vacation (YouTube)

Here is another simple YT video co-produced with our video partner. How Much Vacation Do You Take? | UNIX.com Community | Annual Vacation https://youtu.be/MSy553qS654 Background sound track is called "Caribbean Paradise" Sounds like something wisecracker would have played in one... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
lchage(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 lchage(8)

NAME
lchage - Display or change user password policy SYNOPSIS
lchage [OPTION]... user DESCRIPTION
Displays or allows changing password policy of user. OPTIONS
-d, --date=days Set the date of last password change to days after Jan 1 1970. -E, --expire=days Set the account expiration date to days after Jan 1 1970. Set days to -1 to disable account expiration. -i, --interactive Ask all questions when connecting to the user database, even if default answers are set up in libuser configuration. -I, --inactive=days Disable the account after days after password expires (after the user user is required to change the password). -l, --list Only list current user's policy and make no changes. -m, --mindays=days Require at least days days between password changes. Set days to 0 to disable this checking. -M, --maxdays=days Require changing the password after days since last password change. Set days to 99999 to disable this checking. -W, --warndays=days Start warning the user days before password expires (before the user is required to change the password). EXIT STATUS
The exit status is 0 on success, nonzero on error. libuser Jan 12 2005 lchage(8)