Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Splitting a line
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Splitting a line Post 302125458 by spindoctor on Thursday 5th of July 2007 11:18:58 AM
Old 07-05-2007
And I'm fooling around with the sed string outside of the script, and it's not actually working, period.
s/==Document\n/==\nDocument/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Splitting a line up

9600012301F TF02FT T03FFTF04TF 05T FF06TTTT I have to split this line up into this 96000123 01F TF 02FT T 03FFTF 04TF 05T FF 06TTTT Can anyone please Help?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lilas
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Line Splitting

Hi, I want to make a new line between for eg: 0102030405 to make it look like: 01 02 03 04 05 by using sed commands. I'm just wondering how would I do this? p.s i'm new to this unix programming. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: evoGage
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting the line in multiple lines

Hi Guys, I need a help. I am pretty new to the shell level programing. I was trying to split a long lines to a multiple lines with few conditions. I goggle for the code and found some snippets and tried to modified it but I got few strange problems too. I have to split the lines if line is ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dd_sh
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in splitting a line into fields in shell scripting

I have a line of more than 3000 bytes which will contain & as fields separator..I am using following awk command ..Its working but its not accepting the line more than 3000 bytes...Anyother alternate solution even in othe shell command also fine... awk -F '&' '{for( i=1; i<=NF; i++ ) print $i}'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: punithavel
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting 12M line file

I have a 12M line file that I need to split into smaller files but I'm getting a csplit: virtual memory exhausted error How can I quickly split this file? This is sze -r-xr-xr-x+ 1 VERGE Domain Users 1158288000 May 4 16:31 inputfile This is the command I've tried... csplit... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: verge
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a line with pattern in Sed - Unix

I have a file with single line, that line contains just like the following sample 00200100293^30^1^bla bla ...._______To: zabell00200100293^30^3^aSub00200100293^30^4^ellaCc: Sanders,De on my desk__________00200100293^30^4^___________________________________00A00ABC0293^30^1^something___To: some... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vasan
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting file based on line numbers

Hello friends, Is there any way to split file from n to n+6 into 1 file and (n+7) to (n+16) into other file etc. f.e I have source pipe delimated file with 20 lines and i need to split 1-6 in file1 and 7-16 in file2 and 17-20 in file 3 I need to split into fixed number of file like 4 files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rizzu155
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting Single line into multiple line

Hi All, I am reading a line from a file and writing it to other file. Whenever I got a particular line then I want that line to be splited into 4 line and written it to new file. e.g My line is U_ABC connector3 pin24E connector4 pin25E connector5 pin26E connector6 pin27E connector7... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting one line into multiple lines

Hi, I have one problem scenorio as below. my source file is : cat input_file. "hi","there","how","are","you?","It","was","great","working","with","you.","hope","to","work","y ou." my output should be like. "hi","there","how","are","you?", "It","was","great","working","with",... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhilash_nakka
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a line in two variables

Hello. The file /etc/fstab contains UUID=957c3295-9944-1593-82e2-2b90dede4312 / ext4 acl,user_xattr 1 1I fill a variable SOME_LINE=$( cat /etc/fstab | grep \/\..*ext4 )I want PART1=>>>>>UUID=957c3295-9944-1593-82e2-2b90dede4312 / ext4 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
gpdf(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           gpdf(1)

NAME
gpdf - view PDF documents SYNOPSIS
gpdf [gnome-std-options] [filename...] DESCRIPTION
The PDF Document Viewer application is based on xpdf. PDF Document Viewer provides viewing features such as panning, zoom in, zoom out, best fit, and fit width. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more information. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: filename The name of the to be . EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching the PDF Document Viewer example% gpdf Example 2: Opening the Document test.pdf in PDF Document Viewer example% gpdf test.pdf ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of gpdf: NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gpdf Executable for PDF Document Viewer. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-* | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
PDF Document Viewer Manual Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Niall Power, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 1 Oct 2003 gpdf(1)