Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Sleep or Dealy fucntion Issue Post 302125268 by porter on Thursday 5th of July 2007 12:10:17 AM
Old 07-05-2007

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sleep

what is the purpose of the sleep command? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sleep under one second

If I want a script to sleep for less than a second, would I use a decimal? In other words, if I wanted my script to sleep for 1/4 of a second, would I say, SLEEP .25 ?? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scoogie
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

system sleep

Dear All , I installed new Linux Red Hat 9 system and it is working fine . but while i keep it for certain time ideal ( i mean ndo not wrok on system itself ) it goes to mode like sleep mode ,,, but while it is in sleep mode i can not ping it or telnet !! i discovered it while i was telnet... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamemi
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sleep less than 1 second

Does anyone know a way to sleep less than 1 second? Sometimes when I write scripts that iterates a loop many times it would be nice to slow things down, but sometimes 1 second is too much. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjorno
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrapping 'sleep' with my 'resleep' function (Resettable sleep)

This is a very crude attempt in Bash at something that I needed but didn't seem to find in the 'sleep' command. However, I would like to be able to do it without the need for the temp file. Please go easy on me if this is already possible in some other way: How many times have you used the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ISSUE on SFTP fucntion ,parameter passing!

Hi Everyone!! Hey i created a SFTP function to FTP the file from unix to Linux. I need to FTP the 48 files from unix to linux. IP=$1 Userid=$2 Prikeypath=$3 SrcPath=$4 DstPath=$5 Files=$6 BATCHFILE=sftp.batch.$$ LOGFILE=sftp.log.$$ #Compose batch file & pass as argument to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobprabhu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sleep while i > 0

Hi, I have a script that runs a process at the beginning and I want to sleep/wait until this process is finished and then continue with the rest of the script. I am trying with this, but it is not working: process=`ps -ef | grep "proc_p01 -c" | grep -v grep | wc -l` if ; do sleep 10 done... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
7 Replies
BUILDTORRENT(1) 						   User Commands						   BUILDTORRENT(1)

NAME
buildtorrent - a torrent file creation program. SYNOPSIS
buildtorrent [OPTIONS] -a announceurl input output buildtorrent [OPTIONS] -a announceurl -f filelist -n name output DESCRIPTION
buildtorrent is a torrent file creation program. Given an announce url and an input file or directory, buildtorrent generates an output .torrent file that can be used by torrent clients. OPTIONS
-a announce, --announce=url Announce URL (required). -f filelist, --filelist=filelist A text file (or - for standard input) containing a list of files to add to the output torrent file, together with the path to use inside the torrent. One file is given per line, use / as path separator for the torrent path, use | to separate the filesystem path from the torrent path. Backslash can be used to escape newlines and | characters inside names. For example: /data/files/linux.iso|bin/linux.iso /data/files/linux.txt|doc/linux.txt Using this option requires that the --name option be used. -n name, --name=name Specify the name for the torrent. Usage of this option is required when the --filelist option is used, in which case it specifies the name of the torrent directory. Usage without a file list overrides the name of the directory or file given on the command line. -A announces, --announcelist=announces Additional announce URL list. Use , to separate outer level lists, and | to separate inner level items; for example: a,b1|b2,c -w webseeds, --webseeds=webseeds Additional WebSeed URL list. Use , to separate items; for example: a,b,c -l length, --piecelength=length Piece length in bytes (default 262144). -L length, --piecesize=size Use 2^size as piece length (default 18) (overrides -l ). -c comment, --comment=comment User comment (omitted by default). -p private, --private=private Private flag (either 0 or 1). -D, --nodate Omit the creation date field. -C, --nocreator Omit the created by field. -m, --md5sum Add an md5sum field for each file. -s, --show Show generated torrent structure. -S, --showall Show generated torrent structure, including piece data. -q, --quiet Quiet operation with reduced output. -V, --version Show the version string. -h, --help Show a help screen with brief usage information. AUTHORS
Claude Heiland-Allen (claudiusmaximus@goto10.org) SEE ALSO
createtorrent(1), mktorrent(1) http://wiki.theory.org/BitTorrentSpecification http://bittorrent.org/beps/bep_0012.html http://www.getright.com/seedtorrent.html 0.8 January 2010 BUILDTORRENT(1)