Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers use prtg to monitor sun server CPU Post 302125229 by csgonan on Wednesday 4th of July 2007 04:06:46 PM
Old 07-04-2007
Thank you.

I have net-snmp installed on the sun server. According to net-snmp, the latest version (5.4), there is an OID called hrProcessorLoad. I installed the version and the OID is there and snmpwalk returns an integer.

When I add the sensor to prtg and test the OID, it also returns an integer value (which it is supposed to). But the vertical graphs shows units for speed, where it should be an interger representing a percentage.

Any idea what I am doing or not doing?

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun Fire 280R Sun Solaris CRT/Monitor requirements

I am new to Sun. I brought Sun Fire 280R to practice UNIX. What are the requirements for the monitor/CRT? Will it burn out old non-Sun CRTs? Does it need LCD monitor? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramptonmt
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to monitor Unix server CPU status?

I like to know how to monitor the UNIX CPU/memory status over time. I need to data to do some graphical representation of the server load. I sort of need to keep track of the vmstat but i dont know how. I hope someone would kindly help me out. thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shingpui
1 Replies

3. Programming

how to monitor the child process on which cpu core

Hi all. Sorry to express my questions wrongly in my early post,I repost my question again here. My pc has dual core, I wirte an application with two process, parents process and child process. My quetion is how to realize :if the child process is on core 0,it will tell me I'm on core 0,if it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

4. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How often should I monitor the CPU and memory usage ?

Hi all, When you monitor the CPU and memory usage, how often do you do it ? Do it too often or too rarely will both cause the problem. So does anyone have hand-on experience ? And for my case, the requirement says that when CPU usage is above X% or memory usage is above Y%, I should reject... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: qiulang
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

System Health - Cpu, Load, IO Monitor

hello there, can someone please tell me the commands that makes sense, from a production point of view, to be used to make sure CPU, LOAD or IO usages on a Linux or Solaris server isn't too high? I'm aware of vmstat, iostat, sar. But i seriously need real world advice as to what fields in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to monitor per core CPU utilization?

I can use top to see the overall cpu utilization in the system but i m using a system with 24 cores .How would i monitor each core utilization ? The system is used as Oracle VM Server for Virtualization. My distribution details. # lsb_release -a LSB Version: ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
8 Replies

8. AIX

Script to monitor CPU , Memory

Hello. I am using AIX 6 and did lot of searches on google for this script and found so many results. Just thought to ask you being the real good place for centralised answer: a) Could you tell me the aix script, which may tell me If the CPU load is above e.g. 60% ? b) Could you tell me the AIX... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor the CPU load for each process and total

Hi guys, I have to set up a script which monitors the amount of AVG CPU load per each process and also the total load for a sum of processes. The processes have the same name, I can only differentiate by port number they listen to, as follows : 28171 root 20 0 1089m 21m 3608 S 103... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: liviusbr
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it possible to combine multiple CPU to act as a single CPU on the same server?

We have a single threaded application which is restricted by CPU usage even though there are multiple CPUs on the server, hence leading to significant performance issues. Is it possible to merge / combine multiple CPUs at OS level so it appear as a single CPU for the application? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dissa
6 Replies
SNMPWALK(1)							     Net-SNMP							       SNMPWALK(1)

NAME
snmpwalk - retrieve a subtree of management values using SNMP GETNEXT requests SYNOPSIS
snmpwalk [APPLICATION OPTIONS] [COMMON OPTIONS] [OID] DESCRIPTION
snmpwalk is an SNMP application that uses SNMP GETNEXT requests to query a network entity for a tree of information. An object identifier (OID) may be given on the command line. This OID specifies which portion of the object identifier space will be searched using GETNEXT requests. All variables in the subtree below the given OID are queried and their values presented to the user. Each variable name is given in the format specified in variables(5). If no OID argument is present, snmpwalk will search the subtree rooted at SNMPv2-SMI::mib-2 (including any MIB object values from other MIB modules, that are defined as lying within this subtree). If the network entity has an error processing the request packet, an error packet will be returned and a message will be shown, helping to pinpoint why the request was malformed. If the tree search causes attempts to search beyond the end of the MIB, the message "End of MIB" will be displayed. OPTIONS
-Cc Do not check whether the returned OIDs are increasing. Some agents (LaserJets are an example) return OIDs out of order, but can complete the walk anyway. Other agents return OIDs that are out of order and can cause snmpwalk to loop indefinitely. By default, snmpwalk tries to detect this behavior and warns you when it hits an agent acting illegally. Use -Cc to turn off this check. -Ci Include the given OID in the search range. Normally snmpwalk uses GETNEXT requests starting with the OID you specified and returns all results in the MIB subtree rooted at that OID. Sometimes, you may wish to include the OID specified on the command line in the printed results if it is a valid OID in the tree itself. This option lets you do this explicitly. -CI In fact, the given OID will be retrieved automatically if the main subtree walk returns no useable values. This allows a walk of a single instance to behave as generally expected, and return the specified instance value. This option turns off this final GET request, so a walk of a single instance will return nothing. -Cp Upon completion of the walk, print the number of variables found. -Ct Upon completion of the walk, print the total wall-clock time it took to collect the data (in seconds). Note that the timer is started just before the beginning of the data request series and stopped just after it finishes. Most importantly, this means that it does not include snmp library initialization, shutdown, argument processing, and any other overhead. In addition to these options, snmpwalk takes the common options described in the snmpcmd(1) manual page. EXAMPLE
The command: snmpwalk -Os -c public -v 1 zeus system will retrieve all of the variables under system: sysDescr.0 = STRING: "SunOS zeus.net.cmu.edu 4.1.3_U1 1 sun4m" sysObjectID.0 = OID: enterprises.hp.nm.hpsystem.10.1.1 sysUpTime.0 = Timeticks: (155274552) 17 days, 23:19:05 sysContact.0 = STRING: "" sysName.0 = STRING: "zeus.net.cmu.edu" sysLocation.0 = STRING: "" sysServices.0 = INTEGER: 72 SEE ALSO
snmpcmd(1), snmpbulkwalk(1), variables(5). 4th Berkeley Distribution 08 Feb 2002 SNMPWALK(1)