Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX audit users activity
Operating Systems AIX AIX audit users activity Post 302125021 by kah00na on Tuesday 3rd of July 2007 11:44:38 AM
Old 07-03-2007
If you put the history setup in the /etc/profile, every user will have a .history file. When the user does a "su - aixuser", you can look in aixuser's .history file for continued tracking.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

logging users activity

Hello All! Does anyone know of a nice way to log commands in solaris 8. What I need is a program or script that saves any command that a user does in solaris command prompt. So when Steven logs in on a system, it should record everything he does, from an ls to exit with timestamps. I've been... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dozy
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

audit user activity - possible?

Hi, I have been asked if it is possible to track the last time a specific user logged in to the sysetm. checked my documentation but can't see it there - google is not being very helpful either. I wonder if someone here can help - it will be much appreciated. Thanks Suresh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshy
1 Replies

3. SCO

Commands for review users activity

:D Hi, I'm searching for a command or commands to see the user and programs activity and who much resources is in use. In Unix I remember a TOP command but in SCO I'm don't find a similar. My system is a UNIX SCO 5.6 Thank's (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DigitalExecutiv
1 Replies

4. Solaris

I need to audit users on a Solaris box

Is there a command to find out all the commands ran by a certain user id? TiA (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PapaPark
5 Replies

5. AIX

turn on audit for all users

hi all, the audit /etc/security/audit/config file is only referring one user at a time. how do you specify all users to be monitored? I've tried ALL = general but got error when invoke "audit start". thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

6. AIX

Aix high cpu activity

Hello everyone I have this process running on my server. topas command User 98.6 |############################ I have this process Name PID CPU% PgSp Owner db2fm 565264 25.6 1.5 ldapdb2 db2fm 348328 23.6 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

audit user commands of different users under root account

Hi, I would like to know if there is anyway that I can pinpoint the user before/after he connects to the root? Also, I'm trying to find out what are the commands he inputs under root access. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pointgetter0
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Loggin SFTP activity for chrooted (rssh) users

Hi, I need to log the activity of my SFTP (RHEL 5.4). I have this in /etc/sshd/sshd_config: Subsystem sftp /usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server -f LOCAL5 -l VERBOSE And this in /etc/syslog.conf: LOCAL5.* /var/log/sftp.log When I log in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tr0cken
1 Replies

9. AIX

When AIX audit start, How to set the /audit/stream.out file size ?

Dear All When I start the AIX(6100-06)audit subsystem. the log will save in /audit/stream.out (or /audit/trail), but in default when /audit/stream.out to grow up to 150MB. It will replace the original /audit/stream.out (or /audit/trail). Then the /audit/stream.out become empty and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Audit user activity

Need some help in coming up to log all the activity that is used with our common "unix account". Ideally I am looking for to log the activity in a "separate" file for each session or login until the user logout, I would like to capture the date/time and terminal login and record all the ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajmanna
3 Replies
Devel::REPL::Plugin::ReadLineHistory(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		 Devel::REPL::Plugin::ReadLineHistory(3pm)

NAME
Devel::REPL::Plugin::ReadLineHistory - Integrate history with the facilities provided by Term::ReadLine DESCRIPTION
This plugin enables loading and saving command line history from a file as well has history expansion of previous commands using the !-syntax a la bash. By default, history expansion is enabled with this plugin when using Term::ReadLine::Gnu. That means that "loose" '!' characters will be treated as history events which may not be what you wish. To avoid this, you need to quote the '!' with '': my $var = "foo!"; or place the arguments in single quotes---but enable the "Term::ReadLine" attribute "history_quotes_inhibit_expansion": $_REPL->term->Attribs->{history_quotes_inhibit_expansion} = 1; my $var = 'foo!'; and to disable history expansion from GNU readline/history do $_REPL->term->Attribs->{do_expand} = 0; CONFLICTS
Note that Term::ReadLine::Perl does not support a history expansion method. In that case, you may wish to use the Devel::REPL History plugin which provides similar functions. Work is underway to make use of either History or ReadLineHistory consistent for expansion with either the Term::ReadLine::Gnu support or Term::ReadLine::Perl. perl v5.14.2 2010-06-13 Devel::REPL::Plugin::ReadLineHistory(3pm)