Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Do You Work From Home?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Do You Work From Home? Post 302124831 by DraconianTimes on Monday 2nd of July 2007 07:27:40 PM
Old 07-02-2007
Home at least 3 days a week, depending on client meetings or specific on-site requirements for pen-testing or information discovery with tech teams. Other than that I work from my home office (converted garage) writing security policies, build baselines etc. I also spend what would be a 3 hour round-trip commute time working and getting much more done. But the music is loud, the kettle is nearby to keep the coffee flowing and combat trousers are my work wear! Smilie Smilie Smilie happiest at work I've been in years.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

why doesn't this script work on my home computer?

Now it could be as simple as at work I use tsch, and at home it is bash. Warning, first post and I am a complete newbie to unix. At work, I use a simple script for updating a window when I am watching to see how a render is doing... while 1 echo --------------------------- echo ls -lrth... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iStealMusic
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem: Automounting Home directory for nis & nfs configuration doesn't work

Hi all, First of all, i am so sorry about my bad level in English writing. I have some problem in linux and i hope the experts of this forum to help me if they have enough time to reply to me. I have a scenario of configuring NIS and NFS in Redhat Linux environment such that user can login... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pioneer
0 Replies

3. Web Development

Home work

I am studying part-time degree course ( Information system ), I just ask to do the following question , but it is not easy for me as I do not have IT background , does someone can help for it. "Consider the following web application for a property agent : The server download to the client... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ust
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

Setting to SSH home-PC from Work

Hello, My question is very basic for the settings to SSH my home PC from work. Home network two PC: Internet comes into my house through ISP modem and then the two PCs are connected with the router (Trendnet). The IPs for my PCs are How to set other stuffs for me to access my home PC from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
5 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

UNIX script home work

plz can any one help to write the script of the output provided in the pdf. There are 2 tasks A and B. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohdsadik90
5 Replies
TALK(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   TALK(1)

NAME
talk -- talk to another user SYNOPSIS
talk person [ttyname] DESCRIPTION
The talk utility is a visual communication program which copies lines from your terminal to that of another user. Options available: person If you wish to talk to someone on your own machine, then person is just the person's login name. If you wish to talk to a user on another host, then person is of the form 'user@host' or 'host!user' or 'host:user'. ttyname If you wish to talk to a user who is logged in more than once, the ttyname argument may be used to indicate the appropriate terminal name, where ttyname is of the form 'ttyXX'. When first called, talk sends the message Message from TalkDaemon@his_machine... talk: connection requested by your_name@your_machine. talk: respond with: talk your_name@your_machine to the user you wish to talk to. At this point, the recipient of the message should reply by typing talk your_name@your_machine It does not matter from which machine the recipient replies, as long as his login-name is the same. Once communication is established, the two parties may type simultaneously, with their output appearing in separate windows. Typing control-L '^L' will cause the screen to be reprinted. Typing control-D '^D' will clear both parts of your screen to be cleared, while the control-D character will be sent to the remote side (and just displayed by this talk client). Your erase, kill, and word kill characters will behave normally. To exit, just type your interrupt character; talk then moves the cursor to the bottom of the screen and restores the terminal to its previous state. Permission to talk may be denied or granted by use of the mesg(1) command. At the outset talking is allowed. CONFIGURATION
The talk utility relies on the talkd system daemon. See talkd(8) for information about enabling talkd. FILES
/etc/hosts to find the recipient's machine /var/run/utmpx to find the recipient's tty SEE ALSO
mail(1), mesg(1), wall(1), who(1), write(1), talkd(8) HISTORY
The talk command appeared in 4.2BSD. In FreeBSD 5.3, the default behaviour of talk was changed to treat local-to-local talk requests as originating and terminating at localhost. Before this change, it was required that the hostname (as per gethostname(3)) resolved to a valid IPv4 address (via gethostbyname(3)), making talk unsuitable for use in configurations where talkd(8) was bound to the loopback interface (normally for security reasons). BUGS
The version of talk released with 4.3BSD uses a protocol that is incompatible with the protocol used in the version released with 4.2BSD. Multibyte characters are not recognized. BSD
August 21, 2008 BSD