Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris how to capture oracle export log while running as background process Post 302124726 by kamitsin on Monday 2nd of July 2007 10:50:42 AM
Old 07-02-2007
You can use any of the output redirection technique.
kamitsin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

capture the process id when starting a background process

Hello all, How do I start a background process and save the process id to a file on my system. For example %wait 5 & will execute and print the process id. I can't figure out how to get it to a file. I've tried: > filename 0>filename 1>filename. Any assistance is most appreciated. Thanks, Jim... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jleavitt
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running process in background

I'm trying to install a solaris 9 patch cluster and when I try to use & to run in background it won't allow me to enter in my sudo password so it fails the install and sudo auth. Does Solaris not have screen like linux? If & will work what am I doing wrong? sudo ./install_cluster -q & is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem running shell script (for oracle export) in crontab

Hello Gurus, I've been tasked with solving a problem at my new job and I'm stumped. We've got a script that dynamically builds an oracle export parameter files and then runs export from the shell. it runs fine when using the shell, but will NOT run (fails in one spot everytime) when entered... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsheehan223
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to export a variable from a child process running in background to the parent

Hi All, I have a script which calls a child script with a parameter to be run in the background . childscript.ksh $a & Can any one suggest me how do i export a variable from the child script to parent script? Note that the child script is in background If the child script is in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixjadoo
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export variable, as a background process

Have a script where I need to wait for a process to run, but from that process I want to capture the row count. Script I have so far (easier than explanation): echo "Start" export NUMROWS=`td "select * from dbc.database" 2> /dev/null | grep "Query completed" | sed -e 's/.*Query... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cranie
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log Capture for Background Process

Hi , I am running a backgorund process called hello.sh ./hello & Now i need to capture the log file as it produces the output . i am not able to use " >> " nor " tee " to capture the output file / log file . Please let me know how can i do it ? Regards, Deepak Konnur (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dskonnur
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture the running process for 2 hours

Hi, How can i capture the running process for 2 hours. Thanks in advance.:b: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarathkumar
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

command to see process running at background

Hi , I want to see all the background process that are running in unix box machine...please guide me is there any specific command for that..since I am executing some scripts at background..!!:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nks342
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export variable to another script running in background

i have a script inside which i have generated a background job which will run another script. How do i export the variables from parent script to the child script which wil run in the background . a.sh:- export tmpdir="/usr/tmp" nohup b.sh& b.sh:- echo $tmpdir But... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: millan
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Running process in the background

Hi, I have this simple c program that creates duplicate process with fork(): #include <sys/types.h> main() { if (fork() == 0) while(1); else while(1); } I tried running it in the background gcc -o test first.c test & And I got this list of running process: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uniran
4 Replies
FBB::Redirector(3bobcat)				   System Level File Redirection				  FBB::Redirector(3bobcat)

NAME
FBB::Redirector - Redirects a file descriptor to another descriptor SYNOPSIS
#include <bobcat/redirector> Linking option: -lbobcat DESCRIPTION
Objects of the class FBB::Redirector set up a system level file redirection, using file descriptors rather than streams. FBB::Redirector objects are effectively wrappers around the dup2(2) system call. System level redirection allows the programmer to send output to, e.g., the standard output stream, which actually appears at another stream (e.g., the standard error). It is a stronger form of redirection than the standard one offered by C++, which uses std::streambuf redirection, and which is, because of that, bound to the program's scope. System level redirection, on the other hand, is applied at the system level, allowing the programmer to redirect standard streams when starting a program. For example, the standard error is commonly written to the standard output using an invocation like program 2>&1. When constructing FBB::Redirector objects a file descriptor is required, and another file descriptor is required when defining the redi- rection. Formally, file descriptors are not defined in C++, but they are available in many types of operating systems. In those systems each `file' has an associated `file descriptor'. A file descriptor is an int, which is an index into the program's file allocation table, maintained by the system. Another type of well-known entities which are file descriptors are sockets. Well-known filedescriptors (defined in, e.g., unistd.h) having fixed values are 0 (STDIN_FILENO), representing the standard input stream (std::cin); 1, (STDOUT_FILENO), representing the standard output stream (std::cout); 2, (STDERR_FILENO), representing the standard error stream (cerr); Notes: o System-level redirection outlives system calls from the execl(3) family. o Destroying a FBB::Redirector object does not undo the redirection set up by that object. NAMESPACE
FBB All constructors, members, operators and manipulators, mentioned in this man-page, are defined in the namespace FBB. INHERITS FROM
- ENUM
The enumeration StandardFileno holds the following values: o STDIN(0) o STDOUT(1) o STDERR(2) These values may be used to set up a redirection instead of the plain numbers. CONSTRUCTORS
o Redirector(int fd): This constructor expects the file descriptor of the file that will be used in the program to access (read, write) another file. The copy constructor is available. MEMBER FUNCTIONS
o void swallow(int otherFd) const: This member function expects the file descriptor of the file that will be redirected. Redirection means that the descriptor provided to the constructor will be used when referring to the file descriptor provided to the swallow() member (see the example below). If the redirection fails an FBB::Errno object is thrown, whose which() member shows the system's errno value set by the failing dup2(2) function. o void through(int otherFd) const: This member function also redirects otherFd to the file descriptor provided to the constructor, but will also close the construc- tor's file descriptor. After calling through the file referred to by the constructor's file descriptor can only be accessed from otherFd. The file originally referred to by otherFd is not accessible anymore from the current process. EXAMPLE
#include <iostream> #include <bobcat/redirector> using namespace std; using namespace FBB; int main() { Redirector redirector(Redirector::STDOUT); redirector.swallow(Redirector::STDERR); cerr << "This appears at the standard output stream " "use `a.out > /dev/null' to suppress this message" << endl; } FILES
bobcat/redirector - defines the class interface SEE ALSO
bobcat(7), errno(3bobcat), dup2(2), execl(3) BUGS
None Reported. DISTRIBUTION FILES
o bobcat_3.01.00-x.dsc: detached signature; o bobcat_3.01.00-x.tar.gz: source archive; o bobcat_3.01.00-x_i386.changes: change log; o libbobcat1_3.01.00-x_*.deb: debian package holding the libraries; o libbobcat1-dev_3.01.00-x_*.deb: debian package holding the libraries, headers and manual pages; o http://sourceforge.net/projects/bobcat: public archive location; BOBCAT
Bobcat is an acronym of `Brokken's Own Base Classes And Templates'. COPYRIGHT
This is free software, distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL). AUTHOR
Frank B. Brokken (f.b.brokken@rug.nl). libbobcat1-dev_3.01.00-x.tar.gz 2005-2012 FBB::Redirector(3bobcat)