Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search between pattrens with one string in one or other line........ Post 302124628 by pbsrinivas on Monday 2nd of July 2007 02:37:10 AM
Old 07-02-2007
Hi

I am using the awk Script developed by Jean-Pierre

I need a small modification in the Script.....

This time i am searching form the Call to the Particular Program with USING + Agruments...

Let me be clear

Input is

PERFORM AAAA-CALL-PROGRAM.
AAAA-CALL-PROGRAM.
CALL 'PROGRAM' USING CCCCC
DDDDD.

In Input i search for CALL 'PROGRAM' and See How many Arguments are Passed to it...
IN this case it 2..

I tried Modifying the Script as follows

/.*[ ]*CALL.*'\''PROGRAM/,/\./ {
count = NF;
if (/.*[ ]*CALL.*'\''PROGRAM/) # If CALL PROGRAM
count -= 2; # CALL and PROGRAM aren't arguments
if (/USING/) {
proceed_args=1;
--count;

But this Gives me

temp #Args=0 even if i have two args CCCCC and DDDDD..

Is Suppose some Problem in my Pattern matching.. I used '\'' to search for '(Single Quote)

I wanted to match if the Called Program and the Calling Program use the Same Number of Arguments... for that I was trying this script..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search between pattrens.

i wanted to search between pattrens so i used awk /"EXEC CICS DELETEQ TS"/,/END-IF/ but the some change is AAAAAAAA EXEC CICS DELETEQ TS IF ..... END-IF.... XXXXXx XXX IF (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and insert between Pattrens...

Hi Every One... I wanted to inserted a line in between matched pattrens.. Ex... InPut File.. WRITEQ TS ************************** aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb cccccccccccccccccccccccc SOME PATTREN's RESP ( WS-RESP ) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string on line then search and replace text

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on a line, search that line for a text pattern, and replace that text. An example of 4 lines in my file is: 1. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData ReplaceMe moreData 2. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData moreData... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search string in a file and retrieve 10 lines including string line

Hi Guys, I am trying to write a perl script to search a string "Name" in the file "FILE" and also want to create a new file and push the searched string Name line along with 10 lines following the same. can anyone of you please let me know how to go about it ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukrish
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a string in a particular column of file and return the line number of the line

Hi All, Can you please guide me to search a string in a particular column of file and return the line number of the line where it was found using awk. As an example : abc.txt 7000,john,2,1,0,1,6 7001,elen,2,2,0,1,7 7002,sami,2,3,0,1,6 7003,mike,1,4,0,2,1 8001,nike,1,5,0,1,8... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunshankar.c
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search several string and convert into a single line for each search string using awk command AIX?.

I need to search the file using strings "Request Type" , " Request Method" , "Response Type" and by using result set find the xml tags and convert into a single line?. below are the scenarios. Cat test Nov 10, 2012 5:17:53 AM INFO: Request Type Line 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a string in a text file and add another string at the particular position of a line

I am having a text file which is having more than 200 lines. EX: 001010122 12000 BIB 12000 11200 1200003 001010122 2000 AND 12000 11200 1200003 001010122 12000 KVB 12000 11200 1200003 In the above file i want to search for string KVB and add/replace... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a string in a text file and add another string at the end of line

Dear All I am having a text file which is having more than 200 lines. EX: 001010122 12000 BIB 12000 11200 1200003 001010122 2000 AND 12000 11200 1200003 001010122 12000 KVB 12000 11200 1200003 In the above file i want to search for string KVB... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search string within a file and list common words from the line having the search string

Hi, Need your help for this scripting issue I have. I am not really good at this, so seeking your help. I have a file looking similar to this: Hello, i am human and name=ABCD. How are you? Hello, i am human and name=PQRS. I am good. Hello, i am human and name=ABCD. Good bye. Hello, i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for a string,delete the line and replace with new string in a file

Hi Everyone, I have a requirement in ksh where i have a set of files in a directory. I need to search each and every file if a particular string is present in the file, delete that line and replace that line with another string expression in the same file. I am very new to unix. Kindly help... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradhikshan
10 Replies
KVKCARD(1)																KVKCARD(1)

NAME
kvkcard - a commandline tool to read information from a German medical card SYNOPSIS
kvkcard read | daemon | rdvd | rdpd [ [ -v | --verbous ] [ -fFILE | --filename=FILE ] [ -cCARDID | --cardid=CARDID ] [ -b | --beep ] [ -d | --dosmode ] [ -pPROGRAM | --program=PROGRAM ] [ -aARGUMENTS | --args=ARGUMENTS ] [ -h | --help ] ] DESCRIPTION
kvkcard is a commandline tool to read information from a German medical card (KVK or eGK). ARGUMENTS
read Read data from a German medical card. daemon Wait for insertion of a German medical card and run a program on it. rdvd Dump RDVD data structure of a card. rdpd Dump RDPD data structure of a card. -v | --verbous Every occurrence of this option increases the verbosity. -f FILE | --filename=FILE File to write to. If omitted stdout will be used. -c CARDID | --cardid=CARDID Set the ID of the card to read. -b | --beep Beep after reading a card. -d | --dosmode Output data in DOS mode. -p PROGRAM | --program=PROGRAM Program to call on cards found. -a ARGUMENTS | --args=ARGUMENTS Arguments for the program to be called -h | --help Shows this help. FILES
/etc/chipcard/ The system-wide configuration files. /var/log/chipcard/ The default log files. SEE ALSO
http://www.libchipcard.de Homepage of libchipcard project. /usr/share/doc/libchipcard-tools/ Local documentation. REVISION
Manual for kvkcard 2009 March 19th KVKCARD(1)