Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RSS Feeds of Threads
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators RSS Feeds of Threads Post 302124622 by Neo on Monday 2nd of July 2007 02:20:28 AM
Old 07-02-2007
OK, here is the scoop.

Some RSS feeds do not support the full content. If they do, there will this field (in the feed):

Code:
content:encoded

The current Google feed that FeedBot is using does not support content:encoded, so we will need to find replacements.

I've been experimenting, so we will improve this RSS content over time.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line feeds

Hi, I have a fixed width flat file which has 1 as the first char and E as the last character. Some of the records have a carriage return /line feeds . how do I remove them? Let me know. Thanks VSK (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsk
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

line feeds in csv

:confused: hi all, i have csv file with three comma separated columns i/p file First_Name, Address, Last_Name XXX, "456 New albany \n newyork, Unitedstates \n 45322-33", YYY\n ZZZ, "654 rifle park \n toronto, canada \n 43L-w3b", RRR\n is there any way i can remove \n (newline) from... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowrish
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spurious line feeds

Hi all, I know this is **awfully** general but..... I have a script which does, basically... for file in `find command`; do some stuff more stuff echo '.\c' done I want to output the '.' char just to give an idea of progress. However, it works fine for a while and then I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajcannon
2 Replies

4. News, Links, Events and Announcements

HOWTO: RSS Feeds for UNIX Forums

If you want to submit your favorite UNIX.COM forum to RSS news feeds registries or directories, here is how: The top level RSS link to the UNIX forums is: https://www.unix.com/external.php This is the default for the RSS type, which is: https://www.unix.com/external.php?type=RSS ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

RSS feeds to Email

Hi all ;-) I would like to know if somebody knows a way to make a script for check a .xml RSS page every 1-5 min and send the last news to an email address. I would like to put in on my shell with FreeBSD 6.2 Thanks you in advance 4 help! ;-) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mukka
0 Replies

6. Solaris

RSS of prstat vs RSS of PS

Hi, When I sum the RSS number in the ps command for a specific user and compare it with the RSS values of the prstat command of the same user - there is a big difference. Server details: Solaris 10 5/09 s10s_u7wos_08 SPARC prstat output: NPROC USERNAME SWAP RSS MEMORY TIME ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitlib
2 Replies
CHRONICLE-RSS-IMPORTER(1)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 CHRONICLE-RSS-IMPORTER(1)

NAME
chronicle-rss-importer - Import entries from an RSS feed to chronicle SYNOPSIS
General Options: --output Specify the directory to write entries to. --feed Specify the URL of the feed. --sequential Specify that entries should be numbered rather than named. Help Options: --help Show the help information for this script. --manual Read the manual for this script. --verbose Show useful debugging information. ABOUT
Chronicle is a simple tool to convert a collection of text files, located within a single directory, into a blog consisting of static HTML files. This importer script will create a directory of input files from a given RSS feed, by downloading it and writing out each entry to a single text file. The output files will be named after the entries titles, or if B<--sequential> was used each entry will be numbered numerically. AUTHOR
Steve -- http://www.steve.org.uk/ LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 by Steve Kemp. All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The LICENSE file contains the full text of the license. perl v5.12.3 2011-05-03 CHRONICLE-RSS-IMPORTER(1)