Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Spliting PCI-X Dual Channel Ultra320 SCSI Adapter Post 302124520 by kapilraj on Sunday 1st of July 2007 09:42:09 PM
Old 07-01-2007
Explore VIO if possible. You may need to buy a license.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

adaptec scsi host adapter

Can anyone out there help me out? I'm trying to install a scsi tape back up on a sys running sco openserver 5.0.4. When I go through the steps for mkdev tape it seems like it works, but when I reboot I still don't see the tape. Also when it boots up I get a scsi bios not installed error. I've... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goatboy_tx
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Which SCSI Adapter?

Hi. I need to find a simple SCSI adapter card for a Sun Ultra 5 workstation. I don't need the type w/ ethernet attached (e.g. X1032) as I already have ethernet onboard & they are more spendy. I know Adaptec is out, but what unit would work? I am attaching an external SCSI tape unit to this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Plain Person
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Trouble Installing a SCSI Adapter

Okay. I admit I'm sort of a newbie in this regard. I installed a SCSI adapter on a Sun Ultra 5 workstation. I did the standard STOP-A on the startup and got the OK prompt. I then tried probe-scsi-all. It dumps me back @ the OK prompt w/ no message whatsoever. I tried probe-scsi, nothing. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Plain Person
3 Replies

4. SCO

PCI Express 1x HBA for parallel SCSI in Openserver 6

I'm floundering here trying to locate a PCI-E 1x HBA that will support an external tape drive in SCO Openserver 6. I was unable to find anything that would work in the compatible hardware list and a call to Adaptec confirmed that PCI-X would've been a better option for the risers in the Dell 2950... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s_mal
1 Replies

5. AIX

Power6 Virtual Fibre Channel Adapter

Hello, Searched in all IBM Redbooks and on the internet and couldn't find anything about the new feature of POWER 6 which Virtual Fibre ( Fiber ) channel adapter. It is similar to virtual scsi adapter. In my client partition I created the virtual Fibre Adapter mapped it with the VIO... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

6. Hardware

SCSI Ultra320 80->68 adapter

I need to connect 80pin SCA Ultra320 SCSI hdd to 68pin. There are rumors that some bad "passive" adapters with problematic termination can fry the HDD. The adapter we got is Assmann ABSCA-2. Hard drive is 'Fujitsu MAW3073NC' Do we need to set any jumpers before turning it on? We already had... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
0 Replies

7. AIX

NPIV with 8Gb PCI Express Dual Port FC Adapter

All I am at a loss with a VIO server running ios 2.2.0.10-FP-24 SP-01. The VIO server is fitted with two 8Gb PCI Express Dual Port FC Adapters. However when I run the lsnports command only two of the adapter ports show as capable: $ lsnports name physloc ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
4 Replies

8. SCO

SCSI--Moving from PCI-X to PCIe

PCI-X was popular years ago, now it's not. Today's motherboards have PCIe slots, not PCI-X slots. I'm accustomed to using Adaptec, but I believe they've been bought out by ATTO Technology. Now ATTO has a product called PCI UL50 Dual Channel VHDCI Ultra320 SCSI PCIe card. So: does the SCO UNIX... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Transpower
7 Replies

9. SCO

Moving hard drive and SCSI adapter to another computer

OK group, it's been 12 years since I worked with SCO. I need some direction here: SCO Openserver 5.07 I have a server with a bad motherboard. I have moved the SCSI adapter and hard drive to another computer. This new server has different hardware so I must install the chipset drivers for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jscholz
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

HPUX 11.11 Sept.2003 cannot see PCI-X scsi adapter

I am trying to reload a RP4440 with 2x300gb disks and dual Port Network card, with HPUX 11.11 Sept 2003. When the os boots and and gets to the main menu to install HPUX or run recovery, it cannot find the disks or NIC. At the OS prompt (after loading files), ioscan shows the Class ba, and shows... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
0 Replies
mptconfig(1M)															     mptconfig(1M)

NAME
mptconfig - configure Ultra320 SCSI controller and A7173A PCI-X Dual Channel Host Bus Adapters SYNOPSIS
<device_file> DESCRIPTION
command provides a mechanism to query or change the SCSI settings of a SCSI bus. The command only operates with Ultra320 SCSI controllers claimed by the MPT driver. Prerequisites: You must be a privileged user in order to run the command. See privileges(5) for more information on privileged users. In addition, some of the options are intended for use by HP support personnel and require detailed knowledge of the Ultra320 SCSI driver or firmware to interpret the output. where device_file specifies the MPT device file associated with one channel of the Ultra320 SCSI controller. The device files are created at boot time or during Online Addition of an adapter. They have the name /dev/mptX, where X is the instance number of the SCSI channel, as reported by for the MPT driver and the ext_bus class of driver. Example: /dev/mpt6. The device file for a specific Ultra320 SCSI adapter can be determined from the output. When the device file parameter is specified without any option, will display command usage information. Options recognizes the following options and parameters. Keyword options are case-sensitive. However, a parameter associated with a keyword is not case-sensitive. where target_id specifies the SCSI ID of a target device on the SCSI bus. Valid values are 0 to 15. The option can be used alone or in combination with or option. When used alone, the command displays the settings and in-use values for the target. When used with the or option, the command sets limits for the rate or width to be used in subsequent communication with the target. where initiator_id specifies the initiator ID of a SCSI interface. Valid values are 0 to 15. This option must be used with caution. See the WARNINGS section for details. where rate specifies the rate at which the Ultra320 controller negotiates with target devices. Valid values are ultra320, ultra160, ultra2, or ultra. When used alone, rate indicates the maximum rate at which the Ultra320 controller will communicate with all devices connected to the SCSI bus. When used with the option, rate indicates the maximum rate at which the Ultra320 controller will communicate with one target. Unless there is a communication problem, the rate of ultra320 should be used for all target devices, since the SCSI protocol automatically adjusts the data transfer rate to compensate for slower devices. where width specifies the data width at which the Ultra320 controller negotiates with target devices. Valid values are wide (16-bit) and narrow (8-bit). When used alone, width indicates the maximum width at which the Ultra320 controller will communicate with all devices connected to the SCSI bus. When used with the option, width indicates the maximum width at which the Ultra320 controller will communicate with one target. Unless there is a communication problem, the width of "wide" should be used for all target devices, since the SCSI pro- tocol automatically adjusts the data transfer width to compensate for 8-bit cables and devices. specifies that default values should be used to configure the SCSI controller. Default values of SCSI parameters are: rate = ultra320, width = wide, and ini- tiator ID = 7. This option must be used with caution. See the WARNINGS section for details. The following table gives an indication of the maximum data transfer rates, given a particular in use rate and data width. In Use Data Data Synchronous Rate Width=16 Width=8 Period nsec Mbytes/s Mbytes/s -------- -------- -------- ----------- Ultra320 320 n/a 6.25 Ultra160 160 n/a 12.5 Ultra2 80 40 25 Ultra 40 20 50 Fast 20 10 100 Async up to 5 Mbytes/s n/a EXAMPLES
These examples show a Ultra320 SCSI controller that is associated with a SCSI bus with instance number 5. Display initiator settings and in-use target parameters Display target parameters and limits at id 4 Set SCSI initiator ID for SCSI controller to 6 Set SCSI bus rate for SCSI controller Set SCSI bus width for SCSI controller Set SCSI initiator id, bus rate and bus width in a single command Set maximum SCSI rate to negotiate with target 8 to ultra2 Restore default SCSI parameters WARNINGS
Setting the initiator ID on a SCSI controller must be done with caution, since duplicate SCSI IDs on a SCSI bus can result in bus hangs, system hangs, and system panics. The command will attempt to verify that no targets are using the specified ID before the change is allowed; however, in the case of multi-initiator (shared bus) configurations, the command cannot detect the presence of other initiators on the SCSI bus. Use the ioscan command on any servers connected to the same SCSI bus to verify that the init_id selected is free before using the option. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. FILES
Executable file. Device files. SEE ALSO
mptutil(1M), ioscan(1M), insf(1M), scsictl(1M), privileges(5) HP Ultra320 SCSI Adapter Support Guide mptconfig(1M)