Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Problem in connecting TCP services between 2 Solaris Servers Post 302124426 by neel.gurjar on Saturday 30th of June 2007 06:15:57 PM
Old 06-30-2007
Problem in connecting TCP services between 2 Solaris Servers

Hi,

I have 3 solaris servers. Two servers of differnet network and one gateway.
Server1 --> 192.168.0.1 --> Solaris 9
Server2 --> 10.27.40.2 --> Solaris 10
Server3 --> Iface1 --> 192.168.0.5 --> Solaris 10 --> Gateway
Iface2 --> 10.27.40.5

Now I am able to ssh from Server1 to Server2 through gateway but I am not able to ssh Server1 from Server2. From Server2 I checked Ping to server1 it works then traceroute also work properly only ssh, NFS and other TCP services are not working...

Please help me in this..
Thanks
NeeleshG

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to remote servers

Please advise, The previous thread asked about the automated transfer of files between two servers. The question is - is there any way of encrypting the password within the script or is it a matter of setting the permissions settings on the script so that it can only be executed and possibly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdbooth
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

connecting servers

Please help me out i want to know how to send email from unix machine to any email-id. mail to be sent is web based mail. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parmeet
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connecting servers

hi everyone i want to establish smtp connection between unix server and windows 2k3 mail server they are on one intranet. and unix server has ftp and telnet connection with the mail server. . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: parmeet
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix stopping the tcp services

Hi There We currently experiencing a problem on our Unix server Sco 5.07 , whereby the tcp services stops on it own and even if we restart the services manually the services still does not come up,We loose the printer and pc connections to the server we then need to restart the Unix server in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: esh
1 Replies

5. Programming

tcp server listening, client connecting problems

hello everyone. I tried searching for something related to this, but I figured it was time to ask my own question. I am experiencing these problems using Ubuntu 7.04 I am starting up a TCP listener/server and once connected, will act as a communication/control link with a program on another... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjwhite
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

connecting servers using SSH - help needed

Hi all, I have a script written successfully and tuned by our members, now I am trying to execute this script from a taxi server. My aim is I want to connect to four servers via ssh where I want to ran a script or run some commands and write the output to a file in the Taxi server. I... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthilkumar_ak
12 Replies

7. Solaris

Documentation on connecting EMC storage to Solaris servers

Hi Can anyone suggest me some documents for EMC clarion documents which I am going to use in the servers with solaris environments. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ningy
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

connecting servers using shell script

Hi , I have three linux servers. I want to login from one server and check some status in the other server. How to connect other server from one server using shell script. Can anyone advice on this? Thanks, Chelladurai. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckchelladurai
4 Replies

9. SCO

Sco Openserver Starting TCP/IP Services

Hi all, I have a customer whose sco unix server wasnt power off correctly and when booting it up I noticed that the boot up takes a while to finish the " Starting TCP services: snmpd routed lpd". after that the server is ready for login, but you cannot ping anything from the server (apart from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CharlL
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Too much TCP retransmitted and TCP duplicate on server Oracle Solaris 10

I have problem with oracle solaris 10 running on oracle sparc T4-2 server. Os information: 5.10 Generic_150400-03 sun4v sparc sun4v Output from tcpstat.d script TCP bytes: out outRetrans in inDup inUnorder 6833763 7300 98884 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: insatiable1610
2 Replies
vzmigrate(8)							    Containers							      vzmigrate(8)

NAME
vzmigrate - migrate a container between two OpenVZ servers SYNOPSIS
vzmigrate [-r|--remove-area yes|no] [--ssh=ssh_options] [--rsync=rsync_options] [--keep-dst] [--online] [-v] destination_address CTID DESCRIPTION
This utility is used to migrate a container from one (source) Hardware Node (HN) to another (destination) HN. The utility can migrate either stopped or running container. For a stopped container, simple CT private area transfer is performed (rsync(1) is used for file transfer). For running containers, migration may be offline (default) or online. This program uses ssh as a transport layer. You will need to put ssh public key to destination node and be able to connect to node without entering password. OPTIONS
-r, --remove-area yes | no Whether to remove a container area on source HN for the successfully migrated container. Default is yes. --ssh=options Additional options that will be passed to ssh while establishing connection to destination HN. --rsync=options Additional options that will be passed to rsync(8). You may add options like -z to enable data compression if you are migrating over a slow link. --keep-dst Do not clean synced destination container private area in case of some error. It makes sense to use this option on big container migration to avoid syncing container private area again in case some error (on container stop for example) occurs during first migration attempt. --online Perform online (zero-downtime) migration: during the migration the container hangs for a while and after the migration it continues working as though nothing has happened. -v Verbose mode. Causes vzmigrate to print debugging messages about its progress. Multiple -v options increase the verbosity. The maximum is 3. EXAMPLES
Migration of CT 101 to 192.168.1.130 with downtime: vzmigrate 192.168.1.130 101 Online migration of CT 102 to 192.168.1.130: vzmigrate --online 192.168.1.130 102 EXIT STATUS
0 EXIT_OK Command completed successfully. 1 EXIT_USAGE Bad command line options. 2 EXIT_VE_STOPPED Container is stopped. 4 EXIT_CONNECT Can't connect to destination (source) HN. 6 EXIT_COPY Container private area copying/moving failed. 7 EXIT_VE_START Can't start or restore destination CT. 8 EXIT_VE_STOP Can't stop or checkpoint source CT. 9 EXIT_EXISTS Container already exists on destination HN. 10 EXIT_NOTEXIST Container does not exists on source HN. 12 EXIT_IP_INUSE You attempt to migrate CT which IP address(es) are already in use on the destination node. 13 EXIT_QUOTA Operation with CT quota failed. SEE ALSO
rsync(1). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001-2010, Parallels, Inc. Licensed under GNU GPL. OpenVZ 28 Jun 2011 vzmigrate(8)