Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers get Message from file within date range Post 302124331 by ambharish on Friday 29th of June 2007 05:20:13 PM
Old 06-29-2007
Thank you for instant reply.

The link matches my requirement.

Thx once again !

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to print file names in a certain date range using ls

I need to list only file names of a specific date from the command ls -lt. :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shamwari
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log File date compare for user defined range

:confused: Hi i am a noob and need a little help to finish my shell script. I am learning as i go but hit a problem. I am search thorugh logs(*.rv) files to find entires between two user defined dates, The script so far looks for the "START" and "END" of each entry at sees if it belongs To... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojo24
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Report file extraction based on Date range

Hi all, Iam writing a script, which will extract all the files from Start_Date to End_Date. Files are date stamped as YYYYMMDD. For ex: Start_Date='20051001' End_Date='20060331' extract files such as........ ramp_20050810.rpt ramp_20050915.rpt ramp_20051001.rpt ramp_20051010.rpt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

retrieve lines from file which fall under the given date range

Hi, I need to retrieve the lines which fall under the given date range. eg:In a log file,i have the lines which will have the timestamp. the input will be some date range.eg: from date:03/Jan/2008,to date:24/Jul/2008.so now i want to retrieve the lines which have the timestamp between these... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharmila_P
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

display the file with in the date range

Hi All, I want a shell script which can display the file with in the date range. For Example I have 15 files with the following format abc_01-01-2009.txt to abc_15-01-2009.txt. Now I want to have the files between 4th of jan to 12th files. How can I acheive this. Advance... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fareed_do
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to list file names in a certain date range using ls command?

Hi experts, I Need to print file names in a certain date range using ls:confused:. Please help me with any sample script. Thanks a lot in advance. Regards, Satish (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish.vutti
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep by range of date from file creation in directory

Hi Expert, Need your scripting and finding data so that it help me to find the culprit of this memory usage error. Data provided here is a sample. Process Snapshot directory: /var/spool/processes-snapshot webdev9o9% pwd /var/spool/processes-snapshot webdev9o9% ls -lrct -rw-r--r-- ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: regmaster
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve lines from a file in a given date range

Hey, guys! I am trying to retrieve lines from a file in a given date range. I tried using sed -n "/${SDATE}/,/${EDATE}/p" ~/webhits/$FILE | wc -l but that doesn't work if the starting or the end date do not match exactly. If both dates match, there are no problems (for example 25 March 2008 -... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oopcho
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display lines of two date range from syslog file

Hi Guys, I want to display lines from Solaris syslog file but with 2 dates range. I have some similar solution (https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/39293-grep-log-file-between-2-dates-4.html) which works fine but as you know syslog has different date format (Jan 22) so this is not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prashant2507198
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to delete row in csv file on date range?

I want to delete row in csv file , which row value from 2009-10-01 to 2011-06-03 using script.my csv row data look like: 2009-10-01 2011-03-30 2011-03-31 2011-04-01 2011-06-03 2011-06-30 2011-07-01 2011-09-28 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakibul639
7 Replies
di_link_next_by_node(3DEVINFO)			       Device Information Library Functions			    di_link_next_by_node(3DEVINFO)

NAME
di_link_next_by_node, di_link_next_by_lnode - libdevinfo link traversal functions SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -ldevinfo [ library... ] #include <libdevinfo.h> di_link_t di_link_next_by_node(di_lnode_t node, di_link_t link, uint_t endpoint); di_link_t di_link_next_by_lnode(di_node_t lnode, di_link_t link, uint_t endpoint); PARAMETERS
link The handle to the current the link or DI_LINK_NIL. endpoint Specify which endpoint of the link the node or lnode should correspond to, either DI_LINK_TGT or DI_LINK_SRC. node The device node with which the link is associated. lnode The lnode with which the link is associated. DESCRIPTION
The di_link_next_by_node() function returns a handle to the next link that has the same endpoint node as link. If link is DI_LINK_NIL, a handle is returned to the first link whose endpoint specified by endpoint matches the node specified by node. The di_link_next_by_lnode() function returns a handle to the next link that has the same endpoint lnode as link. If link is DI_LINK_NIL, a handle is returned to the first link whose endpoint specified by endpoint matches the lnode specified by lnode. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, a handle to the next link is returned. Otherwise, DI_LINK_NIL is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The di_link_next_by_node() and di_link_next_by_lnode() functions will fail if: EINVAL An argument is invalid. ENXIO The end of the link list has been reached. The di_link_next_by_node() function will fail if: ENOTSUP Device usage information is not available in snapshot. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
di_init(3DEVINFO), libdevinfo(3LIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 12 Jul 2004 di_link_next_by_node(3DEVINFO)