Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX login ID
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users UNIX login ID Post 302124309 by Perderabo on Friday 29th of June 2007 02:15:13 PM
Old 06-29-2007
What OS? You might try sudo. Also try leaving nothing at all as the shell field.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix login welcome message

When I telnet to a unix server someone put a stupid message there: Last login: Mon Nov 15 16:59:13 from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Sun Microsystems Inc. SunOS 5.8 Generic Patch October 2001 YO! <-- message Mon Nov 15 17:19:05 EST 2004 How did they do it and how can I find out who did it? ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: webtekie
17 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX Auto-login

I am trying to bypass the login screen when the system boots and auto-login to open windows. I believe I need to modify the S99dtlogin but I don't know what to add/modify. Has anyone ever created an auto-login for Solaris 8? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nvanduyne
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need UNIX Login ...

Hi, I dont have UNIX os on my pc. I want to learn UNIX system programming. How to get this OS or Can i get any remote login account ? Thanks. Bye... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthiu
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

login to unix using java

Hey..i need some assistance to login to unix using a java application. The point is, i need to read a particular file in unix using a java application on windows. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dowell
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Id from Window Login ID

Hello All, My Problem is -> How can we get UNIX id from open mail authentication (Windows ID) in UNIX. In following command we are using domain name, which may change in your reference. As, if we use following command. ypcat passwd | grep rohitp | cut -d: -f5 | cut -d, -f1 => we get... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandey.rohit
0 Replies

6. Programming

Login script for unix ?

Anyone know of a script or program in a unix platform that will allow one login and password for three databases ? Say i have a social site that has a video site and phpBB3 forum but i want them connected as one login. I heard there is a script that does that , anyone know the name or where to get... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rumrunner439
0 Replies

7. Web Development

Login in Unix

Can anyone plz share the HTML code for login in UNIX. I am not able to verify the password. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish.s
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Login to UNIX from the browser.

Hi All, I need to login to the UNIX server from the browser. can you please tell me the procedure? Thanks Sarwan (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarwan
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Login to svn from UNIX

Hi Can anyone please tell me about how to connect to SVN from unix Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedar_laveti
2 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

New Login Button for UNIX.COM

Hey, Have changed the login from a legacy form on the upper right to a JS popup (which I originally wrote for mobile); by clicking on the person looking icon on the upper right. I have tested and it seems to work fine (has been working on mobile for quite some time); but I may tweek the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
14 Replies
ftpusers(4)															       ftpusers(4)

NAME
ftpusers - file listing users to be disallowed ftp login privileges SYNOPSIS
/etc/ftpd/ftpusers The ftpusers file lists users for whom ftp login privileges are disallowed. Each ftpuser entry is a single line of the form: name where name is the user's login name. The FTP Server, in.ftpd(1M), reads the ftpusers file. If the login name of the user matches one of the entries listed, it rejects the login attempt. The ftpusers file has the following default configuration entries: root daemon bin sys adm lp uccp nuucp smmsp listen nobody noaccess nobody4 These entries match the default instantiated entries from passwd(4). The list of default entries typically contains the superuser root and other administrative and system application identities. The root entry is included in the ftpusers file as a security measure since the default policy is to disallow remote logins for this iden- tity. This policy is also set in the default value of the CONSOLE entry in the /etc/default/login file. See login(1). If you allow root login privileges by deleting the root entry in ftpusers, you should also modify the security policy in /etc/default/login to reflect the site security policy for remote login access by root. Other default entries are administrative identities that are typically assumed by system applications but never used for local or remote login, for example sys and nobody. Since these entries do not have a valid password field instantiated in shadow(4), no login can be per- formed. If a site adds similar administrative or system application identities in passwd(4) and shadow(4), for example, majordomo, the site should consider including them in the ftpusers file for a consistent security policy. Lines that begin with # are treated as comment lines and are ignored. /etc/ftpd/ftpusers A file that lists users for whom ftp login privileges are disallowed. /etc/ftpusers See /etc/ftpd/ftpusers. This file is deprecated, although its use is still supported. /etc/default/login /etc/passwd password file /etc/shadow shadow password file See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |External | | | | | /etc/ftpd/ftpusers | | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Obsolete | | | | | /etc/ftpusers | | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ login(1), in.ftpd(1M), ftpaccess(4), ftphosts(4), passwd(4), shadow(4), attributes(5), environ(5) 1 May 2003 ftpusers(4)