Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mailx on ksh revisited
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users mailx on ksh revisited Post 302124301 by tekline on Friday 29th of June 2007 01:36:09 PM
Old 06-29-2007
Thanks for all the help. I still had trouble getting the message inside testfile.txt <<attachment file>> to keep the content inside the file and stay in the attachment format and at the same time put the msgfile inside the email body. So....I figured since I am dealing with MIME type text anyway I will simply cat the file contents directly into the email body like so:

print "we are sending the message...";

cat testfile.txt msgfile.txt >>combofile.txt

cat combofile.txt | mailx -s "Online Financial Reporting - New Users" -r "Tim Kline" tim.kline@company.com

cat combofile.txt

rm combofile.txt

echo "email was sent!";

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx and awk- didn't find an answer KSH

Hi folks, My input file's content: You are line1 You are line2 You are line3 etc... I need to write a script that for every line, it will send an e-mail and the body will hold the line: Output(The e-mail that will be sent): First e-mail: To: aaa Subject: bbb Body:You are line1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hellsd
4 Replies

2. Solaris

ufsrestore, revisited

I just installed solaris 9 on a sunblade 150(sparc), and have it partitioned. I've been using ufsrestore to restore bring the config from my old system, to the sunblade. I'm not having any luck. The root directory restore seems to work. When I try to restore /usr, I get an "/usr/sbin/fsck not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ECBROWN
4 Replies

3. Solaris

ufsrestore revisited,,

in ufsrestore how do i know which volume my selected folder or file exist?. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: S26+
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh : using mailx and attachments

Hi I want to use mailx command to send a message included more than one file. I tried to use uuencode in pipe but it could only generate one file. I would avoid using an archive file :p Thanks to read you. Mathieu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx in shell script (KSH)

Greetings all, I'm pretty new to the use of mailx, having been using mutt most of the time. I'm interested to know how I can use mailx within a shell script to send out a formatted email with the following criterion: 1. My recipient's address is abcdef1000@gmail.com 2. The message body is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockysfr
2 Replies

6. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

BAM to SOA - Da? Buzzhype Revisited

Many readers have read the hype, experienced the Orwellian marketspeak, watched the positioning debates, and seen poorly managed software companies play the game of analyst-chasing (similar to ambulance chasing when you think about it). Finally, the up-to-date definitions, and hopefully a bit of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx: concatenating strings for message body (KSH)

Hi all, Think this is a pretty simple problem, but I've been thinking about it for a few days. Let's say that I'm going to have to output the contents of a file as the body of a mailx message. I'll probably do this: cat <filename> | mailx <extra commands> However, how do I go about doing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rockysfr
1 Replies

8. Solaris

ls display linux style, revisited!!!

hi all, ive downloaded ,built and installed coreutils from sunfreeware.com,in my quest to get the color display when ls is used(linux style)... After the pkg is installed,how do i use ls to get the color? I know its installed because i get a host of cmds that have been updated,l like this, ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - mailx - Redirect the undelivered mail

Hi, I need to create one KSH which will send mail to set of recipients using "mailx" command like below. mailx -s "Test mail" "test@yahoo.com, test@gmail.com" <$output.txt The recipients are in different domains (like yahoo, gmail, etc.). My requirement is, if any mail is undelivered,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Matrix2682
1 Replies
REPORTER-MAILX(1)						 LIBREPORT MANUAL						 REPORTER-MAILX(1)

NAME
reporter-mailx - Sends contents of a problem directory via email. SYNOPSIS
reporter-mailx [-v] -d DIR [-c CONFFILE] DESCRIPTION
The tool reads a problem directory, composes an email message from the directory contents, and uses mailx to send the message to specified recipient. Properties of email messages can be specified in a configuration file, and via environment variables. Configuration file Configuration file contains entries in a format "Option = Value". The options are: Subject The subject of the email message. EmailFrom The sender of the email message. EmailTo The recipient of the email message. SendBinaryData Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the problem directory to the email. This can cause the emails to be very large. Integration with ABRT events reporter-mailx can be used as a reporter, to allow users report problems via email when they decide to do it. This usage is pre-configured in /etc/libreport/events.d/mailx_event.conf: EVENT=report_Mailx reporter-mailx It can also be used to notify administrator automatically when a problem happens. When this is desired, modify the event configuration file to run the tool on the post-create event: EVENT=post-create reporter-mailx OPTIONS
-d DIR Path to problem directory. -c CONFFILE Path to configuration file. When used in ABRT event system, the file contains site-wide configuration. Users can change the values via environment variables. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
Environment variables take precedence over values provided in the configuration file. Mailx_Subject Subject of the email message. Mailx_EmailFrom Sender of the email message. Mailx_EmailTo Recipient of the email message. If nor the environment variable nor the corresponding option is defined, the message is send to "root@localhost". Mailx_SendBinaryData Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the problem directory to the email. AUTHORS
o ABRT team LIBREPORT 2.1.11 06/18/2014 REPORTER-MAILX(1)