Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What is the output of echo *
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers What is the output of echo * Post 302124275 by kamitsin on Friday 29th of June 2007 09:26:54 AM
Old 06-29-2007
Quote:
But I have one query, echo * displays only files in the current working directory or files and directories in the current working directory.
Files and directory both !!
kamitsin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store output and Echo

I will admit I am a newbie but I am trying to write some simple scripts Situation: I have a list of IP Addresses that I want to once or 2 times a day store the average ping response time in a database (mysql) I am part way there but not all the way there I have the following cat ./slow... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meyerder
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I output or echo NONE if grep does not find anything?

I am performing a grep command and I need to know how to echo "NONE" or "0" to my file if grep does not find what i am looking for. echo What i found >> My_File grep "SOMETHING" >> My_File I am sure this is easy, I am sort of new at this! Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojojmac5
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

piping output to echo

Hi, I was wondering why ls * | echo does not print the contents of the directory to the screen? The way I see it, ls * returns a whole lot of information, and then we pipe all this info to echo, so surely it should all come to our screen! Is there a serious flaw in my understanding? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: A1977
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

weird echo output?

#!/bin/bash INPUT=$1 if then INPUT=0$1 TRACKNUMBER=$INPUT fi TRACKNUMBER=$INPUT echo "Track Number:" $TRACKNUMBER if then echo "File Does Not Exist!: split-track"${TRACKNUMBER}".wav" exit 0 fi CUEFILE="$2" (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinCanFury
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output of both the echo statement in one line

I have script like echo -n FINISHED FEXP: ${TABLE2EXP} echo $STATUS I want the output of both the echo statement in one line How can i do this (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scorp_rahul23
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting output using echo

i have the following script: while ;do b=${ARRAY2} i=0 while ;do a=${ARRAY1} fin=`echo $a - $b | bc` echo -e "${fin}," >> try ((i++)) ((k++)) done echo -n >> try #add statement to format output here #printf "\t" >> try #echo -e '\t' >> nik ((j++)) echo $j (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in echo output

Hi All, I have code to get the UUID and capacity for the LUN from CX -arry. I need the output in this format LUN Number UUID Space in MB LUN 238 60:06:01:60:C2:56:11:00:28:36:67:59:11:04:DE:11 122880 But Now iam getting this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorting output of echo

can someone please tell me who to sort the numerical output of echo? UIO="8180 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 48240 48240 48240 48240 48240 48240 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 48300 0 0 0 48300" echo $UIO | sort -n This doesn't workk. it does not sort the numbers from smallest to highest. any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Echo output from command

Hello i am trying to do some calculation from output command for example ls -l if then echo "error" else echo "$" fi its something like this which get strings from output command and try to sum total lines of this string if exceed certain number it display error if not it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogabr
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Echo's strange output

Hi, Kindly help me to understand the behavior or logic of the below shell command $ echo $!# echo $echo $ $ $ echo !$# echo $# 0 I am using GNU bash, version 3.2.25(1)-release (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies
casparize(1)							  USER COMMANDS 						      casparize(1)

NAME
      casparize - Set up caspar Makefile in a new directory

SYNOPSIS
      casparize dir (/path/to/config/dir)

casparize file (/path/to/config/dir/file)

DESCRIPTION
      casparize  creates  a  new  configuration  working directory in your current working directory, sets up a Makefile for caspar(7) in this new
      directory, and optionally copies an original configuration file from its original system place to the newly  created  configuration  working
      directory.

USAGE
      You typically use casparize when you already have created the root configuration working directory with its include directory and install.mk
      Caspar include file. By analysing your current working directory and the configuration directory path you give on  the  command  line,  cas-
      parize  can  deduce the contents of the Makefile in the newly created configuration working directory. It creates the new directory, creates
      the correct Makefile, and optionally copies the given configuration file in the new directory, ready for its first version commit.

EXAMPLES
      A typical example:

$ cd <svn>/etc
	$ casparize /etc/postfix/main.cf

creates the directory <svn>/etc/postfix, creates <svn>/etc/postfix/Makefile including the proper content,  and  copies  /etc/postfix/main.cf
      into <svn>/etc/postfix/main.cf. You can now directly add and commit the new directory.

BUGS
      Non known at this moment.

AUTHOR
      Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

SEE ALSO
      caspar(7) The caspar homepage is at http://mdcc.cx/caspar/ .

casparize 20120508						      8 mai 2012							casparize(1)