Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris bash: ./<scriptname>: No such file or directory Post 302124192 by Heidi.Ebbs on Friday 29th of June 2007 05:30:12 AM
Old 06-29-2007
Network bash: ./<scriptname>: No such file or directory

I have opened the file in vi, checked it all over and saved it as a new filename nrcardprint1

I then changed the permissions to execute, and ..... still produces same error message 'no such file or directory:

sunrev aisdba :: TS >./nrcardprint1
bash: ./nrcardprint1: No such file or directory

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FIle (directory) test operator (bash)

I'm almost pulling out my hair trying to figure out what's wrong with this... there's no reason I can see that it shouldn't be working. It seems that the code acts as though the conditional statement is true no matter what - I've even tried removing the negation operator, but it always goes into... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wildbluefaerie
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: How to send a file/directory as argument?

Hi, I'd like to make a script where I can send a directory OR files as an argument, and compress them. My proble mis, I do know how to send a directory, but I do not know what to do if there are more than 1 file, I mean I can store the directory in $1, but how do I store 4 files? must I write $1,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamachejo
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

#!/bin/bash cannot find file or directory

Hello, When i run a bash script on ubuntu i get this message.. #!/bin/bash cannot find file or directory... Can anibody help me with this, because the file actually exists.... Is there any extra configuration to be made? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oliveiraum
5 Replies

4. Linux

bash:umount/: no such file or directory

I am trying to connect two system (let's say for time being) together such that it supports clustering. for this I got the following packages: # sudo apt-get install pacemaker sysv-rc-conf glusterfs-server glusterfs-examples glusterfs-client chkconfig nmap ntp Next, I did... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_mabuse
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to delete file in directory

Will the below bash delete all the "snps.ivg" in the given directory? Thank you :) find N:\all_array\Samples -maxdepth 1 -type f -name "snps.ivg" -delete (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename specific file extension in directory with match to another file in bash

I have a specific set (all ending with .bam) of downloaded files in a directory /home/cmccabe/Desktop/NGS/API/2-15-2016. What I am trying to do is use a match to $2 in name to rename the downloaded files. To make things a more involved the date of the folder is unique and in the header of name... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to select and save file in new directory

I am trying to select a file in bash and save it to a directory. The below does run but no selected file is saved. Thank you :). bash # select file printf "please select a file to analyze with entered gene or genes \n" select file in $(cd... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Should I run scripts like sh /absolute_path/to/scriptname.sh or just /absolute_path/to/scriptname.sh

Shell : Linux Bash OS version : RHEL 6.X, Oracle Linux 6.X Question1. To execute shell scripts, sometimes I see Linux admins placing sh command before shell scripts like below sh /home/appadmin/sync_pending_orders.shBut, I execute shell scripts like below ie. Just the absolute path ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Reading a file from a different directory in a Bash script

Hi all, Given here under a section of a script I am using. SIMDIR="/home/Ins/forces" cd $SIMDIR for file in `ls *.forces` do basename=`echo $file | sed 's/\.*$//'` extname=`echo $file | sed 's/*\(*\)\.\(.*\)/\2\1/'` echo "Processing file: "$basename python convert.py... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Theo Score
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sourcing file from parent directory bash

"Debian 9 64x - LXDE" I try to source a file from my parent directory: #!/bin/bash #source.bash . ../links.bash but i get "file not found". I tried . "../links.bash" and . '../links.bash'. I got on all methods the same result. If i use the absolute path it works, but i don't want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: int3g3r
4 Replies
check-permissions(1M)					  System Administration Commands				     check-permissions(1M)

NAME
check-permissions - check permissions on mail rerouting files SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/check-permissions [login] DESCRIPTION
The check-permissions script is intended as a migration aid for sendmail(1M). It checks the /etc/mail/sendmail.cf file for all configured alias files, and checks the alias files for :include: files. It also checks for certain .forward files. For each file that check-permis- sions checks, it verifies that none of the parent directories are group- or world-writable. If any directories are overly permissive, it is reported. Otherwise it reports that no unsafe directories were found. As to which .forward files are checked, it depends on the arguments included on the command line. If no argument is given, the current user's home directory is checked for the presence of a .forward file. If any arguments are given, they are assumed to be valid logins, and the home directory of each one is checked. If the special argument ALL is given, the passwd entry in the /etc/nsswitch.conf file is checked, and all password entries that can be obtained through the switch file are checked. In large domains, this can be time-consuming. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: login Where login is a valid user name, checks the home directory for login. ALL Checks the home directory of all users. FILES
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf Defines environment for sendmail /etc/mail/aliases Ascii mail aliases file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsndmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
getent(1M), sendmail(1M), aliases(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 10 Nov 2003 check-permissions(1M)