Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help regarding Error message: A test command parameter is not valid Post 302124184 by aigles on Friday 29th of June 2007 04:54:08 AM
Old 06-29-2007
Code:
if [ "$FLAG" -eq 0 ] && [ "$COLNAME" != "LFD_NR_B2USG" ] && [ "$counter" -ge 4 ]
then
   TECHNICAL_ID=$TECHNICAL_ID" "$COLNAME
fi
if [ "$COLNAME" = "LFD_NR_B2USG" ]
then
   echo "LADE_NR INTEGER NOT NULL ,">>$DDL_DIRECTORY/$DDL_FILENAME
   FLAG=1
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange error message with regex test...

Hi all, I have a script where i need to check the format of a string. finally, i'm waiting a "process name" and 2 numbers separated by a "," string like : "this_is_a_string.txt,1,10 should be ok" string ok : "apache.exe,1,10" string ok : "mysqld,50,0" string not ok : "ap ache,1,10"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fgilain
4 Replies

2. AIX

Audit problem : A system call received a parameter that is not valid.

while i try to start the audit i have the below error message . audit>audit start ** auditing enabled already A system call received a parameter that is not valid. please advice (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command - not a valid identifier message

Trying to run the following awk command : export com.mics.ara.server.tools.sch_reports.Runner.num_threads=`awk -F= '!/^#/ && /com.mics.ara.server.tools.sch_reports.Runner.num_threads/{print $2}' $BKUPDIR/env.properties` -bash: export:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venhart
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

A test command parameter is not valid

Hello, Getting error "A test command parameter is not valid" when trying to run the code below under /sbin/sh AA = "12:00" CHK=$(date +"%H:%M") if then print "Yes" fi Getting 2 errors: 1) "AA: not found" 2) "Specify a parameter with this command" Thanks, IS Please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: schureki
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

error with TEST command

Hi, I have written a script to compare 2 string values.. below is the script.. it throws an error - ./compare_str.sh: test: amount1|amount2: unknown operator.. as both are string values, I am using a = operator in the test command. can some one help me figure out where the issue is?... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijay81
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error message with tail command

Hello, I wrote a script and part of the script, I have a validation to check if the file has <EOF> on the last line of the file. If it does not have a <EOF>, then a message has to be written to a log file. the code snippet shown below works fine, but it writes the below message if the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vijay81
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

if condition error: test: 0403-004 Specify a parameter with this command

Hi all, I would like to ask if there's something wrong with my if - else condition, i couldn't run the script perfectly due to the error in my if - else condition stating that "test: 0403-004 Specify a parameter with this command." below is the snippet of my script if && && ] then echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jihmantiquilla
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command that takes one parameter and then searches for the passed in parameter

Hi I am looking for a unix command or a small shell script which can takes one parameter and then searches for the passed in the parameter in any or all files under say /home/dev/ Can anyone please help me on this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankaj80
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with error "por: 0403-012 A test command parameter is not valid."

Hi, im asking for help with the next script: echo ^; then if then printf "\033 query1.sh: export TERM=vt100 export ORACLE_TERM=at386 export ORACLE_HOME=/home_oracle8i/app/oracle/product/8.1.7 export ORACLE_BASE=/home_oracle8i/app/oracle export... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: blacksteel1988
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

A test command parameter is not valid, when special characters are tried to match

Hi I have a scenario where hyphen(-) from file should be ignored I used the following code if && ; then if ; then pow=$LINE echo $pow > history.txt flag=1 fi fi I get the following output ./valid.sh: -: 0403-012 A test... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
7 Replies
OPENSCAD-TESTRUN(1)					      General Commands Manual					       OPENSCAD-TESTRUN(1)

NAME
openscad-testrun - set up and run the OpenSCAD test suite SYNOPSIS
openscad-testrun [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the openscad-testrun command. openscad-testrun is a script that sets up a directory in which the OpenSCAD test suite (implemented in ctest) can be run by creating sym- links to the system locations of the input data, and runs it. The created directory is not removed, but will contain the test results in addition to the symlinks. It is required as the test suite in its original form expects all the test input and output data in relative locations, and the typical user has no write access to where the data resides. Future changes to the test suite might make it more flexible, removing the need for this script. OPTIONS
-d directory, --directory directory Set up the tests in a directory called directory. By default, this is generated from the current date and time like openscad- test-2012-02-15_13:37. -n, --dry-run Do not run the test suite, just set it up. All additional arguments are passed on to ctest. AUTHOR
The OpenSCAD test suite was written by Clifford Wolf, Marius Kintel, and others. The openscad-testrun script was written by chrysn. This manual page was written by chrysn <chrysn@fsfe.org>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). 2012-02-16 OPENSCAD-TESTRUN(1)