Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed script help urgent
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed script help urgent Post 302124146 by matrixmadhan on Friday 29th of June 2007 01:50:28 AM
Old 06-29-2007
Code:
awk -F" " '{ $98 = $98" ."; print }' filename

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

urgent sed help

Hi folks. I've tried to research this, but haven't found a good answer (could be my harried state). At any rate, I have records that end with two commas, a number, two commas this could be anywhere from ,,01,, to ,,09875953,, I need to remove the last two fields (the number... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristy
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need urgent sed help

I am writing a shell script on SunOS cosuaah01 5.9 Generic_118558-11 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440 machine. The shell script in.sh looks like this: install_top=`pwd` fl2=/d01/applptch/ptchora/iAS/Apache/Apache/cgi-bin/cxtool/display_report.pl echo $fl2 mv $fl2 $fl2.old sed 5c\... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhatia333
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent Help With Sed

Hello, I need to use sed to replace a word in file. My command is this: sed "s/word_to_replace/'"${INPUT}"'/1 filename and because INPUT="~@#$%^&*()-_=+{}\|;:<>,./?" and / is also the delimiter so I'm keep on getting error message sed: command garbled: ... any suggestions about how I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: katrvu
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help using sed command(very urgent)

Hi all, Actually i want to delete the .ps extension from package1.ps string by using sed. Can any body tell me that how shell i do it????????? It is very urgent. Can anybody help me. I am trying to do this in the following way. ps_file="package1.ps" echo $ps_file sed s/.ps//g $ps_file... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunitachoudhury
9 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

sed help,,kind of urgent!!

Hello All, My problem is: I want to replace a line from a file with sed. The first word in that line is always the same in every server. The second line is server model, which of course will vary from platform to platform and I need to leave that word as it is. After the second word, I need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaix14
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed help urgent

Hello, I have a file with the follwoing pattern: Input file: =========== tcp://xxx:123 8179 YY 1798 YY tcp://abc:2345 not found tcp://swt:4945 7356 QQ tcp://pqr:456 8178 PP 9485 PP 4485 PP (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: uandme2k2
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent help req with grep + sed

HI all, i have a line in a file it cantains one;two_1_10;two_2_10;two_3_10;three~ now i need to get the output as one;two_1_abc_10;two_2_abc_10;two_3_abc_10;three~ ( 1 should be replaced with 1_abc for two__10 , and one more thing the number of occurances of two_value_10 will be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 2001.arun
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Urgent help on awk/sed

Hi, Sample Input Table 1 XXXXX YYYYY A 1 2 3 4 5 B 1 2 3 4 5 C 1 2 3 4 5 D 1 2 3 4 5 A 6 7 B 6 7 C 6 7 D 6 7 Table 2 XXXXX YYYYY E 1 2 3 4 5 F 1 2 3 4 5 E 6 7 F 6 7 Table 3 XXXXX YYYYY G 1 2 3 4 5 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravin
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command error-URGENT

sort.sh ------ ls -lSr|cat -n/*gives the detailed description o files with a serial number concatenated*/ i=0 n=10 j=$n if then while do (sh -C sub.sh $i $j)& ((i++)) ((j--)) done fi if then while do (sh -C sub.sh $i $j)& (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dishak
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT Reading a file and assessing the syntax shell script URGENT

I am trying to write a shell script which takes an input file as an arguement in the terminal e.g. bash shellscriptname.sh input.txt. I would like for the file to be read line by line each time checking if the .txt file contains certain words or letters(validating the syntax). If the line being... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gurdza32
1 Replies
UDM_FIND(3)								 1							       UDM_FIND(3)

udm_find - Perform search

SYNOPSIS
resource udm_find (resource $agent, string $query) DESCRIPTION
Performs a search. The search itself. The first argument - session, the next one - query itself. To find something just type words you want to find and press SUBMIT button. For example, "mysql odbc". You should not use quotes " in query, they are written here only to divide a query from other text. mnoGoSearch will find all documents that contain word "mysql" and/or word "odbc". Best documents having bigger weights will be dis- played first. If you use search mode ALL, search will return documents that contain both (or more) words you entered. In case you use mode ANY, the search will return list of documents that contain any of the words you entered. If you want more advanced results you may use query language. You should select "bool" match mode in the search from. PARAMETERS
o $agent - A link to Agent, received after call to udm_alloc_agent(3). o $query - mnoGoSearch understands the following boolean operators: & - logical AND. For example, "mysql & odbc". mnoGoSearch will find any URLs that contain both "mysql" and "odbc". | - logical OR. For example "mysql|odbc". mnoGoSearch will find any URLs, that contain word "mysql" or word "odbc". ~ - logical NOT. For example "mysql & ~odbc". mnoGoSearch will find URLs that contain word "mysql" and do not contain word "odbc" at the same time. Note that ~ just excludes given word from results. Query "~odbc" will find nothing! () - group command to compose more complex queries. For example "(mysql | msql) & ~postgres". Query language is simple and powerful at the same time. Just consider query as usual boolean expression. RETURN VALUES
Returns a result link identifier on success or FALSE on failure. PHP Documentation Group UDM_FIND(3)