Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sending message to terminal
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sending message to terminal Post 302123828 by naamas03 on Wednesday 27th of June 2007 09:57:25 AM
Old 06-27-2007
hi
thanks for quick response
it works i did this :
#!/bin/bash
cd /usr3/prod
grep ERROR /usr3/prod/ind.log > /usr3/prod/ind_err.log
if test -s /usr3/prod/ind_err.log
then
wall "error during process"
else
wall "process succeed"
fi
can i be sure that this command is not hold/interrupting to other proccess from running ? cause i needed to do enter cause the message is stuck on the screen
what are you saying ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending messages through terminal

whats the cmd to send messages using terminal to another computer on our network? We are running SOlaris CDE (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: korupt
5 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Sending a message to a user when password will be expired

Hi, Does anyone have a script (for AIX) that sends a message to a user that his password will be expired within 5 days for ex. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Diederd
1 Replies

3. Programming

Sending INtr key for remote terminal

Hi folks, Just wondering if anyone knows how to send intr/break key to remote tty (shell), a simple example would be great! thx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andryk
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sending a null character to a terminal

I'm testing out some ESMTP AUTH stuff, and it requires that the username and password be on the same line separated by a null character. Does anyone know how to echo the ASCII null character? Thanks, Alex (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertigo23
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while sending message and attachment with mailx

Hi All, I am trying to send a mail with an attachment and message. Following command I am using. (cat <messagefile> ; uuencode <attachmentfile> <attachmentfile>)|mailx -s"Subject" dave@email.com In the received mail, message body is appearing fine. But attachment is not coming. Rather... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nihar.dutta
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending a structure through a message queue

Hi, I browsed thru the previous posts and couldnt find a solution for my problem. Hence I decided to post it. I have a buffer array that I want to send thru a message queue. The array consists of a header structure and a payload structure memcopied to it. When I print the contents of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zeebie
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending command from one terminal to another.

Hello, I am running a program in a terminal. this program is just printing random words. I can change the color of each word by entering the first character of the color(for example G for Green). I want to write a bash code that runs in a different terminal and sends different characters to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alireza6485
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending Mail in OS X Terminal

Hi All! I would like your assistance with an issue that I have been having with OS X (Snow Leopard 10.6.8) and sending mail through the Terminal. I had been trying to send mail from Terminal to my GMail account from my home, where I have a Verizon DSL Internet connection routed through a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: danielsutton
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending message to a mobile number through UNIX

Is it possible to add Pager Notification to mailx command?? Or by any other mean. just want to specify that by Pager i mean a message to the mobile number. Suppose i have following condition If ];then send a message to 9999999999 else no message to be sent fi Is it possible? I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharma331
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Message Body while sending an email

I am making use of the following code to display the results of my txt file in an email: mail -s 'Count Validation Test Comparison Results' Ronit@XYZ.com < Count_Validation_Results_`date +%m%d%Y`.txt Email Output: ----------Query 1 Count Validation Results-------- Source count is 4 Target... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronitreddy
7 Replies
clipf(1)						      General Commands Manual							  clipf(1)

NAME
clipf - Personal finance manager with command line interface SYNOPSYS
clipf [<conf_dir>] DESCRIPTION
Simple personal finance manager, allow to track Your incomes/expences by accounts and hierarchical categories. Store all data in flat text files. ARGUMENTS
<conf_dir> Directory with configuration file and data files. Default to ~/.clipf/. If there is no such directory found at program startup, it would be created and populated by default configuration and empty data files. DEFINITIONS
account - describe independent money storage, for which You want to track remains and turnover. item - describe categories of Your incomes/expences. Can be nested as files/directories in file system. item code - it is segmented unique identifier of item/item group. Period "." in item code define nesting levels. Period at the end of item code describe, that this item is group (have subling items). operation - define single money transaction (income or expense). tag - arbitrary string, used for additional classification of operations. Have the same nesting rules as items. Any number of tags can be added to each operation. It may be good idea to store available tags in item list. USAGE
Type help to see available commands. Type help <command> to see online help about particular <command>. For most reporting commands, output can be piped to external shell command the same way, as shell do. COMMANDS CONCERNING ITEMS
prod add [-d] <item_code> <item_name> Add new item. Type <item_name> in quotes, if it contain spaces. -d - define this item as income (default to expence). prod rm <item_code_prefix> Remove all items, which code starts with <item_code_prefix>. This don't affect the operations list. prod ls [<item_code>] Show one level of item list - direct sublings of <item_code>. Default to root level. prod mv <old_item_code_prefix> <new_item_code_prefix> Update all item codes, which starts with <old_item_code_prefix>, replacing it to <new_item_code_prefix>. Item codes in operation list would be updated as well. COMMANDS CONCERNING OPERATIONS
op add [-d <date>] [-a <account>] [-t <tag>] <item_code> <amount> [<note>] Add new operation -d <date> - override default operation date to <date>. -a <account> - override defaut operation account to <account> -t <tag> - label operation with <tag>. Any number of -t options can be used to add several tags to operation. op ls [-t <tag_prefix>] [<item_code_prefix>] Show list of operations in current reporting period. If <item_code_prefix> specified, list would be limited by the operations, which item code starts with <item_code_prefix>. If '-t <tag_prefix>' option specified, limit output with operations, labelled with tag, starts with <tag_prefix> COMMANDS CONCERNING REPORTING
Reporting period is always between <date_from> and <date_to> global options, which You set by set command. rep prod [-t <tag_prefix>] [-a <account>] [<item_code>] Show turnover report for items (item groups), which are direct subling of <item_code> (default to root). Turnover for item group is summ of turnovers of all their nested items/groups. -t <tag_prefix> take into account only operations, labelled with tag, starts with <tag_prefix> -a <account> take into account only operations by <account> account. rep acc Show remains and turnovers for all accounts. OTHER COMMANDS
set <option> <value> Set global option <option> value to <value>. For date options, base format is Y-M-D. Leading 0 can be ommited. For the current year, year part can be ommited. For current month, year and month parts can be ommited. Available options: date - default date for new operations. Can be overriden by -d option of "op add". date_from date_to - reporting period for "op ls" and all "rep" subcommands. acc - default account for new operations. Can be overriden by -a option of "op add". max_lines - if number of lines in report output exceed this value, then "less" would be used to show report output. show [<option>] Show current values of all global options or specified <option>. calc <expression> Embedded calculator. Evaluate numeric expression and print the result. ALIASES
Aliases is the simple way to make shortcuts for frequently used commands. Alias can be defined by the pair of strings: <command_line_pre- fix> and <prefix_substitution_string>. If command line starts with any of the defined aliases <command_line_prefix>, this prefix would be substituted with corresponding <prefix_substitution_string>. Examples can be found in system configuration file (see FILES ). EXAMPLES
set date_from 2008-04-01 - set reporting start period to 2008-04-01. r prod - show turnover report by top level items. op ls | grep foo | less pipe report output to shell command. op ls | cat - >somefile.txt save report output to file FILES
All configuration files have the same format - plain python code, that would be executed during clipf startup, in the context of main mod- ule. More specific configuration file can overwrite settings from more general one. /etc/clipf.conf system-wide configuration file ~/.clipf.conf user-specific configuration <config_path>/clipf.conf configuration-specific settings. ~/.clipf/ Default configuration directory. Contain clipf.conf configuration file, and db/ subdirectory with data files. AUTHOR
Denis Galtsev <galtsevdv@gmail.com> SEE ALSO
Program site at: http://code.google.com/p/clipf/ clipf(1)