Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check whether the pattern is present or not? Post 302123814 by skyineyes on Wednesday 27th of June 2007 09:19:57 AM
Old 06-27-2007
Thanks alot man.
I am really thankful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell_Life
Code:
VALUE="(ABC, DEF, NMF, ABC, CLF, PAR, FHG, AGQSAs, sada, sa, ABC)"
mFlag=`echo $VALUE | egrep -c 'ABC|PAR'`
echo "mFlag = "$mFlag

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to check if path is present?

following situation... - bourne shell script - sb. should entry a path and the script should look if the path exists, when not it should restart the Input ... echo "path\c" read Inp if ; then echo " path doesn't exist, try again... " (how to go back to the Inp?????) else echo "... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: svennie
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check the variable is present in array or not ?

Hi , I am trying to check wether the variable is present in the array. please see the below code .when ever i do this its taking only the first value of the array . please advise. ###Code Snnipet ### #!/bin/ksh set -xv if ]; then echo " you have Specified the ORG ID - $1 " ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: padhu.47
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

check whether 3 files are present

I'm trying to check whether 3 files are existing and send 3 files as attachements. If only two are there then send those two files as attachments. if ; then elif ; then I tired the above given syntax and then it is giving me an error line 11: ' I tried with -a instead of && and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Celvin VK
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Check whether list file present in TXT file exist or not

Hi All, I have txt file which has list of files. I have to check whether these files exist or not. Thanks supriya (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: supriyabv
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search pattern present in second field

Hi All, I have a file with following list. example 1 ======== cat 1.txt -------- 0000cab4752c 0000dab47c2c ... ... ... Also i have another file 2.txt in which the data is in this format as shown: cat 2.txt ---------... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: imas
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if file is present using input from another file

Hello, I have a comma delimited file such as: cat /statistics/support/input.txt ID,Serial,quantitity,atribute1,atribute2 1,89569698,5,800,9900, 1,35568658,8,1200,5550 1,89569698,8,320,5500 1,68753584,85,450,200 ID should always have 1 digit, Serial 8 digits, and the others may... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex2005
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to grep multiple pattern present in single line and delete that line

here is what i want to achieve.. i have a file with below contents cat fileName blah blah blah . .DROP this REJECT that . --sport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable --dport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable . . . more blah blah blah --dport 3306... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove content present in between specific pattern ?

Hi, I have a file with following pattern. We are looking to filter out only specific content from this file. sample BLAdmins Server.* LinuxAdmins Server.* Policy Name: Recommended Default ACL Policy Everyone ACLPushJob.Read Everyone ACLTemplate.Read Everyone ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Litu19
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script to append multiple text files into one file based on pattern present in filaname

Hi All-I am new to Unix , I need to write a script. Can someone help me with a requirement where I have list of files in a directory, I want to Merge the files if a pattern of string matches in filenames? AAAL_555A_ORANGE1_F190404.TXT AAAL_555A_ORANGE2_F190404.TXT AAAL_555A_ORANGE3_F190404.TXT... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shankar455
6 Replies
PAR::Packer(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    PAR::Packer(3)

NAME
PAR::Packer - PAR Packager DESCRIPTION
This module implements the App::Packer::Backend interface, for generating stand-alone executables, perl scripts and PAR files. Currently, this module is used by the command line tool pp internally, as well as by the contributed contrib/gui_pp/gpp program. Since version 0.97 of PAR, this module and its related tools such as "pp" have been stripped from the PAR distribution and are now distributed as the "PAR-Packer" distribution so that PAR users need not necessarily have a C compiler. SEE ALSO
PAR, pp App::Packer, App::Packer::Backend ACKNOWLEDGMENTS
Mattia Barbon for taking the first step in refactoring pp into App::Packer::Backend::PAR, and Edward S. Peschko for continuing the work that eventually became this module. AUTHORS
Audrey Tang <cpan@audreyt.org> Steffen Mueller <smueller@cpan.org> <http://par.perl.org/> is the official PAR website. You can write to the mailing list at <par@perl.org>, or send an empty mail to <par-subscribe@perl.org> to participate in the discussion. Please submit bug reports to <bug-par@rt.cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2004-2010 by Audrey Tang <cpan@audreyt.org>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.16.2 2012-02-22 PAR::Packer(3)