Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Is there a diff way to exec this shell prg?? Post 302123796 by aigles on Wednesday 27th of June 2007 08:45:39 AM
Old 06-27-2007
Rename your file from ds.ksh to ds.awk (optional but recomended)
Make executable your awk script file.
Run your script file.

Code:
$ mv dt.ksh dt.awk
$ chmod +rx dt.awk
$ dt.awk infile > outfile

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a prg from the shell!!!

Hi, can somebody please answer my questions: 1) is the "sh" available on all unix systems at /bin/sh ??? 2) how to make the following call working: `which java` -cp $JAVA_HOME MyClass since I do not know the location of java :-(( (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy2000
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exec bash shell via PHP Site !

Hi everybody ! I writed php code so exec bash shell via php (SMS Send via bash shell) but i have problem as follow : 1. When i exec from linux mode : ./sms.sh --- output is "Messages ... OK". Then all message has been sent. 2. When i exec from PHP site --- return value is "Message ... OK" on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lamthenhan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use exec command in C shell

i have a script where i am reading some lines from a file into another file.. script works fine in bash.. #!/usr/bin/csh awk 'NR>20&&NR<32' try.sum | awk '{print $4 }' >io awk 'NR>20&&NR<32' try.sum | awk '{print $9 }' >io1 awk 'NR>20&&NR<32' try.sum | awk '{print $14 }'>io2 exec 10<io... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

serach diff filename in diff location using shell scripting

Hi, I am new to shell scripting. please help me to find out the solution. I need a script where we need to read the text file(consists of all file names) and get the file names one by one and append the date suffix for each file name as 'yyyymmdd' . Then search each file if exists... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lucky123
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Variables Inquiry, Values Okay in Standalone Exec, No-Show in Cron Exec

I have the following bash script lines in a file named test.sh. #!/bin/bash # # Write Date to cron.log # echo "Begin SSI Load $(date +%d%b%y_%T)" # # Get the latest rates file for processing. # d=$(ls -tr /rms/data/ssi | grep -v "processed" | tail -n 1) filename=$d export filename... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginowms
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exec shell from Ant target

hi, I have been using exec in Ant to run shell commands till now, but got a weird error now. I have an ANT target which invokes a shell script. Shell script further invokes one more shell script file to complete the work. Below is Ant Target code. <exec executable="/bin/bash"> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

What does the following exec command do it is in the shell file?

I have a shell script, research_dump_sub.sh the first 3 lines are below. the below two lines writing to log file, i am not finding the log file, how to locate, and what is the exec command doing exactly please. and the third line again calling/triggering the shell file. i didn't understood. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cplusplus1
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Two exec commands in one shell script?

Hi Folks - Is there a way to add two execs to one script? For instance, I need to redirect the stdout and stderr to two separate directories. I want to do this: #::-- Direct STDOUT and STDERROR to repositories --::# exec 2>"${_ERRORFILE}" > "${_LOGFILE}" exec 2>"/new/path/file.err" >... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
7 Replies

9. Programming

Simple shell running with exec family

# Erroneous question, so can be removed. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginnerboy
0 Replies
COLORGCCRC(5)							File Formats Manual						     COLORGCCRC(5)

NAME
colorgccrc - configuration file for colorgcc DESCRIPTION
A colorgccrc configuration file is used to configure the highlighting of the compiler output from colorgcc. SYNTAX
Each line consists of a keyword designating a configuration variable. The keyword is followed by `:' and then one or several values (depending on the keyword). Lines beginning with a hash mark `#' are comments. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
g++ | gcc | c++ | cc | g77 | gcj | gnat | gpc Specifies the paths to the compilers. Takes one value; a path to the compiler. nocolor Specifies what terminal types colorization should be disabled on. Takes one or several values, separated by whitespace. srcColor Specifies the highlighting attributes source-code should be given. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. introColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for normal compiler output. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningFileNameColor | errorFileNameColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the filename in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningNumberColor | errorNumberColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the line-number in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningMessageColor | errorMessageColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the message-text in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. COLOR ATTRIBUTES
The following attributes are valid for highlighting. clear, reset bold, underline, underscore, blink, reverse, concealed black, red, green, yellow, blue, magenta, cyan, white on_black, on_red, on_green, on_yellow, on_blue, on_magenta, on_cyan, on_white SEE ALSO
gcc(1), colorgcc(1) HISTORY
Jan 15 2003: Initial version of this manual-page. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <jmoyers@geeks.com> AUTHORS
Jamie Moyers <jmoyers@geeks.com> is the author of colorgcc. This manual page was written by Joe Wreschnig <piman@sacredchao.net>, and modified by David Weinehall <tao@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Jamie Moyers This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Jan 15, 2003 COLORGCCRC(5)