Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: script required
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script required Post 302123609 by skyineyes on Tuesday 26th of June 2007 08:48:40 AM
Old 06-26-2007
Re:

Sincere Appologies.

I felt that the earlier heading wasn't appropriate.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script help required!

Hi there, i am trying to create a script that checks for the existence of users on the system, if they exist then their details should print on the screen with a message that the id is in use. I am having a bit of trouble with it. Any ideas? Cheers Kev! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kev112
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script required

Hi All, I have file nodes.txt that contains node names one by one. I'm running the following command. /opt/OV/bin/ovet_topodump.ovpl -nodeif <nodename> -detail Field <nodename> should take (replace) the node names from the nodes.txt one by one till last node. Pls. give me script for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ntgobinath
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Required

Hello guys, Need a help.I have a flat file. QWER 2:35 7044 00001 ROUT 1188 EA SS ASD 2:36 7044 00010 ROUT BSD 2:37 7044 00011 ROUT END QWER 3:35 7044 00011 ROUT 1088 EA SS ASD 3:36 7044 00010 ROUT BSD 3:37 7044 00011 ROUT END QWER 2:35 7044 00001 ROUT 1188 EA SS ASD ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satadru
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help required in this script.

Hi Everyone, Please find below the script, I needed to understand step by step:confused:. Please If someone can help me out i will be very greatful:D. Please Guide me in a way which can help me out in figuring what this script doing on my server. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojo123
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting required fields from a test file in required fromat in unix

My data is something like shown below. date1 date2 aaa bbbb ccccc date3 date4 dddd eeeeeee ffffffffff ggggg hh I want the output like this date1date2 aaa eeeeee I serached in the forum but didn't find the exact matching solution. Please help. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required to get a script

Hi Experts, I am very beginner in Bash Shell Scripting. Can anyone please guide me to create a script which should show the most busy file systems in sort basis as there are a lot of file systems on the server. I was told this task to be done by my IT lead and I must have to do this in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script required

This is the input file contents "data",9999,"data",999 "ddd"y"dat","dat","dart" 9999,999,999,"dat" 99,78,"duhu"yes"duhu" I need the output file contents "data",9999,"data",999 "dddydat","dat","dart" 9999,999,999,"dat" 99,78,"duhuyesduhu" Please use code tags when posting data and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: polineni
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script required

Hey All, I am seeking for the script which will do as follows, 1) Login on one Unix server "Server1" 2) Want to access other Unix server "Server2", and want to get the information as, on one go. df -k /tmp df -k / df -k "any file system" 3) Re-direct the output to "space.txt" on... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravinderkodan88
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl Script:how to find how many parameters are required to run the script

How to find how many parameters are required to run a Perl script? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lakshman_Gupta
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not able to get the required o/p from my script

Hi Experts, I have a script as below : # cat a.sh var=`mysql -usupport -p'testing' -e "select count(1) from db_test.sampletable;"` echo $var the output of this script is : count(1) 145039 Now i want to remove header from my o/p and modify somewhat like 145039 I have... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
9 Replies
Pod::PlainText(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				       Pod::PlainText(3pm)

NAME
Pod::PlainText - Convert POD data to formatted ASCII text SYNOPSIS
use Pod::PlainText; my $parser = Pod::PlainText->new (sentence => 0, width => 78); # Read POD from STDIN and write to STDOUT. $parser->parse_from_filehandle; # Read POD from file.pod and write to file.txt. $parser->parse_from_file ('file.pod', 'file.txt'); DESCRIPTION
Pod::PlainText is a module that can convert documentation in the POD format (the preferred language for documenting Perl) into formatted ASCII. It uses no special formatting controls or codes whatsoever, and its output is therefore suitable for nearly any device. As a derived class from Pod::Parser, Pod::PlainText supports the same methods and interfaces. See Pod::Parser for all the details; briefly, one creates a new parser with "Pod::PlainText->new()" and then calls either parse_from_filehandle() or parse_from_file(). new() can take options, in the form of key/value pairs, that control the behavior of the parser. The currently recognized options are: alt If set to a true value, selects an alternate output format that, among other things, uses a different heading style and marks "=item" entries with a colon in the left margin. Defaults to false. indent The number of spaces to indent regular text, and the default indentation for "=over" blocks. Defaults to 4. loose If set to a true value, a blank line is printed after a "=head1" heading. If set to false (the default), no blank line is printed after "=head1", although one is still printed after "=head2". This is the default because it's the expected formatting for manual pages; if you're formatting arbitrary text documents, setting this to true may result in more pleasing output. sentence If set to a true value, Pod::PlainText will assume that each sentence ends in two spaces, and will try to preserve that spacing. If set to false, all consecutive whitespace in non-verbatim paragraphs is compressed into a single space. Defaults to true. width The column at which to wrap text on the right-hand side. Defaults to 76. The standard Pod::Parser method parse_from_filehandle() takes up to two arguments, the first being the file handle to read POD from and the second being the file handle to write the formatted output to. The first defaults to STDIN if not given, and the second defaults to STD- OUT. The method parse_from_file() is almost identical, except that its two arguments are the input and output disk files instead. See Pod::Parser for the specific details. DIAGNOSTICS
Bizarre space in item (W) Something has gone wrong in internal "=item" processing. This message indicates a bug in Pod::PlainText; you should never see it. Can't open %s for reading: %s (F) Pod::PlainText was invoked via the compatibility mode pod2text() interface and the input file it was given could not be opened. Unknown escape: %s (W) The POD source contained an "E<>" escape that Pod::PlainText didn't know about. Unknown sequence: %s (W) The POD source contained a non-standard internal sequence (something of the form "X<>") that Pod::PlainText didn't know about. Unmatched =back (W) Pod::PlainText encountered a "=back" command that didn't correspond to an "=over" command. RESTRICTIONS
Embedded Ctrl-As (octal 001) in the input will be mapped to spaces on output, due to an internal implementation detail. NOTES
This is a replacement for an earlier Pod::Text module written by Tom Christiansen. It has a revamped interface, since it now uses Pod::Parser, but an interface roughly compatible with the old Pod::Text::pod2text() function is still available. Please change to the new calling convention, though. The original Pod::Text contained code to do formatting via termcap sequences, although it wasn't turned on by default and it was problem- atic to get it to work at all. This rewrite doesn't even try to do that, but a subclass of it does. Look for Pod::Text::Termcap. SEE ALSO
Pod::Parser, Pod::Text::Termcap, pod2text(1) AUTHOR
Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu>, based very heavily on the original Pod::Text by Tom Christiansen <tchrist@mox.perl.com> and its conversion to Pod::Parser by Brad Appleton <bradapp@enteract.com>. perl v5.8.0 2002-06-01 Pod::PlainText(3pm)