Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Script Menus - Rejecting invalid input (KSH) Post 302123599 by kamitsin on Tuesday 26th of June 2007 08:35:59 AM
Old 06-26-2007
Put the if statement in the case structure. Something like the code shown below.

Code:
echo enter the value
read val
case $val in

[0-9]*) if [[ $val -eq $something ]]
           then
           echo $val
           fi;;

*) echo "Invalid entry" ;;
esac

kamitsin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with shell script...ORA-00904:invalid identifier

Guys, Please suggest me what's wrong with this script? #!/usr/bin/sh ############################################################################## # Author : Bhagat Singh # # # Date : Nov 13,2006 #... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagat.singh-j
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh: cmd output to input of another script

I want to write a script in KSH that takes the output of one command and redisplays it. Something like: while true do read inpt date +"%I:%M:%S %p <-> $inpt" done and then some how get the output of the ping command to redirect to the input of this script. does that make sense? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMTheNachoMan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menus in Korn Shell and invalid selections

Hey Guys. I need to code a series of menus that have four options, selectable either by the number in the menu or the name, in succession. This part I have achieved however I am struggling to find a way that should the user try to enter an invalid selection, such as the number 5 or an incorrect... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mudja
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell menus And Oracle

Dear All, Kindly suggest on how should i proceed with the following requirement I need to develop an interactive shell script menu which would enable the user to inquire the value of a column based on a key value . The output can be more records.. Also is it possible to do the following 1)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksm
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

writing shell script to find line of invalid characters

Hi, I have to write s script to check an input file for invalid characters. In this script I have to find the exact line of the invalid character. If the input file contain 2 invalid character sat line 10 and 17, the script will show the value 10 and 17. Any help is appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginner82
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzip the input file using shell script (ksh)

Hi, I need help in unziping input file through shell script. I had written script, which checks for input file extention. If Extension is "zip" or "gz", then I want to do unzip/uncompress that file. Caould you please let me know that, How to unzip a file through shell script (ksh). Thanks... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poonamol
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enter an input and reference another line in ksh script

Hi I have a file like so: Code: Frank Peter Tony Robert Mike 1 2 3 4 5 5 4 2 3 1 4 3 1 5 2 My out should look like this: Peter Tony Mike and so on.... I have the first part done to ask the user to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bombcan1
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to get return code from mutt if an address is invalid/undeliverable from Unix shell script

I am using mutt on ksh Unix to send emails to addresses plucked from the database. If the "To:" email address is not longer valid and so the email is not sent to the "To:" recipient, but is sent to the valid cc address, I need to be able to get an error code returned to the shell script so that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jzuber
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find invalid URL in a text file using shell script?

How to find and remove invalid URLs in a text file using shell script? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Invalid option errors running shell script

The script below fails with the following error messages: gzip: invalid option -- 'w' Try `gzip --help' for more information. mysqldump: Got errno 32 on write cp: invalid option -- 'w' Try `cp --help' for more information. rm: invalid option -- 'w' Try `rm --help' for more information. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ANNACTION
1 Replies
IMAP_RFC822_PARSE_ADRLIST(3)						 1					      IMAP_RFC822_PARSE_ADRLIST(3)

imap_rfc822_parse_adrlist - Parses an address string

SYNOPSIS
array imap_rfc822_parse_adrlist (string $address, string $default_host) DESCRIPTION
Parses the address string as defined in RFC2822 and for each address. PARAMETERS
o $address - A string containing addresses o $default_host - The default host name RETURN VALUES
Returns an array of objects. The objects properties are: o mailbox - the mailbox name (username) o host - the host name o personal - the personal name o adl - at domain source route EXAMPLES
Example #1 imap_rfc822_parse_adrlist(3) example <?php $address_string = "Joe Doe <doe@example.com>, postmaster@example.com, root"; $address_array = imap_rfc822_parse_adrlist($address_string, "example.com"); if (!is_array($address_array) || count($address_array) < 1) { die("something is wrong "); } foreach ($address_array as $id => $val) { echo "# $id "; echo " mailbox : " . $val->mailbox . " "; echo " host : " . $val->host . " "; echo " personal: " . $val->personal . " "; echo " adl : " . $val->adl . " "; } ?> The above example will output: # 0 mailbox : doe host : example.com personal: Joe Doe adl : # 1 mailbox : postmaster host : example.com personal: adl : # 2 mailbox : root host : example.com personal: adl : SEE ALSO
imap_rfc822_parse_headers(3). PHP Documentation Group IMAP_RFC822_PARSE_ADRLIST(3)