Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Whi I'm getting control-M's
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Whi I'm getting control-M's Post 302123491 by padpa on Monday 25th of June 2007 11:57:52 PM
Old 06-26-2007
Why I'm getting control-M's while copy

Hi,

I'm copying files from some other linux machine to aix machine.I'm getting control-M's in all my files.My destination machine is AIX and i'm getting problem with AIX only.Can anyone suggest me how to avoid this problem.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Control Panels

I'm running Linux FC 3. I'm still pretty green with the admin and am looking for solutions for control panels like cPanel and webmin. Any other freebies out there like Webmin? Thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frawsty
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

control the process

I found that in my system , there are some strange process , it will make the system crash so I would like to control the system no such process is running , this is if the system process that its process name is "ora" AND its ppid is not "2" , then it will crash the system, can suggest how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

New to Control-M

Hi, I am very new to Control-M . If anywone know about the global conditions in Control-M. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oraclenerd
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop control

Hi, I have taken a piece of code from a book, which is working as per the specification. The code.... for entry in * do if then echo $entry fi done The sub-directories present in the current directory will be displayed while executing. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saravanakumar
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

control variables...

Hi. I´ve a question to a running script: i=0 #fill an Array with all files in a folder ending with .sys for Par in *.sys ; do Par2="$Par" ; i=$((i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lock3
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Control Characters

Can somebody please help me with the query. ? I want a part of program of which should look for control characters in the flat file , when it finds it, displaying message that Control Characters found..! Please help me (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamnoone
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Job Control

Using a named pipe. Run a find in the background starting in the working directory While this is happening wait for input from the user to ask him which file to find. If the user does not enter any data in 10 seconds ask the user again. Then see if the requested file name is found from the output... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kattak1511
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error control

I have the following bashwhile read -r line; do dcs_dportal_utl get all for $line >>file.txt if CONTROL=$(date +"%d%m%Y_%H%M%S") echo -e $line 'Created_'$control >> control.txt done < list.txt sed '/^$/d' file.txt>list_jac.txt echo '------------------ DONE' >> control.txt this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: viviblue1
7 Replies
SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)			 systemd-machine-id-commit.service		      SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-machine-id-commit.service - Commit a transient machine ID to disk SYNOPSIS
systemd-machine-id-commit.service DESCRIPTION
systemd-machine-id-commit.service is an early boot service responsible for committing transient /etc/machine-id files to a writable disk file system. See machine-id(5) for more information about machine IDs. This service is started after local-fs.target in case /etc/machine-id is a mount point of its own (usually from a memory file system such as "tmpfs") and /etc is writable. The service will invoke systemd-machine-id-setup --commit, which writes the current transient machine ID to disk and unmount the /etc/machine-id file in a race-free manner to ensure that file is always valid and accessible for other processes. See systemd-machine-id-setup(1) for details. The main use case of this service are systems where /etc/machine-id is read-only and initially not initialized. In this case, the system manager will generate a transient machine ID file on a memory file system, and mount it over /etc/machine-id, during the early boot phase. This service is then invoked in a later boot phase, as soon as /etc has been remounted writable and the ID may thus be committed to disk to make it permanent. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-machine-id-setup(1), machine-id(5), systemd-firstboot(1) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)