Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Switching the active pts?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Switching the active pts? Post 302123460 by tspicher on Monday 25th of June 2007 07:35:38 PM
Old 06-25-2007
Quote:
If the job is no longer associated with a pseudo-terminal then (as far as I know) it cannot be re-attached from outside the process.

Is the process "1" the ultimate parent of the group of tasks?
No, it is still associated with a pseudo-terminal - I'm just wondering how I can set that pseudo-terminal as the active one for my session. Here is one process that was active when the network went down:

Code:
tspicher 22682 18433  0 15:50:58 pts/5    0:01 lynx

How can I set pts/5 as my active pseudo-terminal?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is /dev/pts/1

hi, i ran tty and get this /dev/pts/1? what does /dev/pts/1 indicates about my terminal and the device files? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

one of the mount pts 100%

Hi all, recently we had a critical error like one of the mount points /online was 100% full. Even when we deleted three ( 3 ) 0.5 GB files available space in /online mount was not increasing rather df -k for /online continued to show as 100% full. what could be the problem, even... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pts and tty

hi iam very new to linux can anyone tell me about pts and tty acctually today morning i logged into my pc at 9:51 when i have given #who it has given sam tty7 9:51 sam pts/1 10:11 so what does it mean (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praneel2k
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending alt-n to /dev/pts/1 from process bound to /dev/pts/2

Hello, i am using finch (unix commandline instant messaging client using libgnt) which is running connected to /dev/pts/1 Now I would like to "remote control" the program by sending the key combinations normally typed on the keyboard from a programm in another shell. So I tried:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mentos
0 Replies

5. AIX

Question about HACMP for active-active mode

Hi all, I am new to HACMP. So sorry for the newie question. But I did search the forum and it seems that no one asks this before. So if a 2-node cluster runs in active-active mode (and the same application), what is the benefit of using HACMP ? If it runs in active-stanby, it is easy to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: qiulang
9 Replies

6. Solaris

Link based Active Active IPMP

Hi, I need to configure 4 ip address (same subnet and mask) in one ipmp group (two interfaces) in an active active formation (link based). Can some one provide the steps or a tutorial link. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I calculate total number of active and non active hosts?

#!/bin/bash for digit in $(seq 1 10) do if ping -c1 -w2 192.168.1.$digit &> /dev/null then echo "192.168.1.$digit is UP" else echo "192.168.1.$digit is DOWN" fi done (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fusetrips
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Switching services from active node to failovernode in cluster

Hi All, I was asked to Switch the service from failover to active node as we need to reboot active node for regular maintenance. Unfortunately our senior admin left the organization. It would be helpful if some one answer this query. Detailed info with steps will be appreciated. Here are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Problem with PTS

Hello, I´m working with an m4000 server, with solaris 11. the problem is when users connect to the server, I have the range from pts/65 to pts/128 "blocked". The system does not take any pts of that range. Usually a close all the connections and the problem is solved, but this time that solution... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: salvador_cast
3 Replies
PTS_QUIT(1)						       AFS Command Reference						       PTS_QUIT(1)

NAME
pts_quit - Exit from pts interactive mode SYNOPSIS
pts quit [-cell] <cell name> [-noauth] [-localauth] [-force] pts q [-c] <cell name> [-n] [-l] [-f] DESCRIPTION
The pts quit command exits from pts interactive mode. The command can be run from the command line or interactively, but on the command line it does nothing and is therefore of questionable utility. CAUTIONS
Prior to OpenAFS 1.4.5 and OpenAFS 1.5.23, the pts quit command was only available on Unix or Linux and when OpenAFS was compiled with the supergroups option (disabled by default). As of OpenAFS 1.4.5 and 1.5.23, it is always available. OPTIONS
Although they have no effect, pts quit takes the following standard pts options: -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. For more details, see pts(1). -force Enables the command to continue executing as far as possible when errors or other problems occur, rather than halting execution at the first error. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see pts(1). -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity anonymous to the issuer. For more details, see pts(1). OUTPUT
This command produces no output. EXAMPLES
Here is an example of a pts interactive session: % pts interactive pts> quit % SEE ALSO
pts(1), pts_interactive(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007 Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> This documentation is covered by the BSD License as written in the doc/LICENSE file. This man page was written by Jason Edgecombe for OpenAFS. OpenAFS 2014-04-08 PTS_QUIT(1)