Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Question about work
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Question about work Post 302123442 by porter on Monday 25th of June 2007 05:32:55 PM
Old 06-25-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCrystal
And how do they (directors/somebody else with whom you pass interview) treat to admins from other countries?
Naturally they get paid less, which makes the directors happy and adds to their bonuses. However the foreign admin who gets paid less is still being paid more than the local admin who is now unemployed.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

2. Linux

How does it work?

Can anyone explain how Graphic LCD (CSTN / STN) work in Unix... From Graphic file thro driver code to display....? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nat123
1 Replies

3. Linux

Come and work for me! (UK)

********nothing too see here!!!****** (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TonyChapman
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Emergency work question for a Unix dummy

Im trying to awk two values from each a line (about 40000 lines in the file): e.g. gi|10580442|gb|AAG19320.1| inosine-5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase-like I want to get the value between the first set of pipes and then the value between square brackets separated by a tab, i.e. 10580442... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gorkin
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Silly question - how does the "mv" command work?

I know this may sound really elemental, but I'm trying to figure out if I'm correct. I have a script that moves a file from a temp directory to (what I am calling) a pickup directory. On another machine, I have this "other program" that scans the contents of the pickup directory for a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gseyforth
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

question in MV command (will move work with 100% used directory)

Dear all, I am facing a issue in MV command, this move is done by our c program. We are moving the file to same directory so basically I think it will be a rename of the inode. So we might not useany extra space then why the move is failing. Does it require space to move the same size of file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
5 Replies

7. IP Networking

NIC will not work, but it did work.

I have a client machine that was built and loaded with SCO UNIX 2.1.3, (yes it is old). The machine worked fine on the closed network that I tested on in my shop. I then had to change it to the network that it would be connected to. Below is the host file, router and subnet mask file that I usually... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NC user
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

My script work on Linux but not work in sunos.

My script work on Linux but not work in sun os. my script. logFiles="sentLog1.log sentLog2.log" intial_time="0 0" logLocation="/usr/local/tomcat/logs/" sleepTime=600 failMessage=":: $(tput bold)Log not update$(tput rmso) = " successMessage="OK" arr=($logFiles)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
7 Replies

9. IP Networking

Discussion at work, would a router work pluging a cable in wan1 and lan1?

hi all. and sorry for the random question, but this sparkled a raging flame-war at work and i want more points of view situation a router, with linux of some sort, dhcp client requesting for ip in wan1 (as usual with wan ports) dhcp server listening in lan1, and assigning ip (as usual... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: broli
9 Replies
KRB.EXCL(5)							AFS File Reference						       KRB.EXCL(5)

NAME
krb.excl - Lists exclusions for mapping kerberos principals to AFS identities DESCRIPTION
/etc/openafs/server/krb.excl is an optional file that resides on an OpenAFS server and is used to list exceptions to the algorithm of mapping kerberos principals to AFS identities. It contains the name of one or more principals; each principal should be on a line by itself. If a principal appears in this file, that principal will never be recognized by an OpenAFS server as a local identity, even if the realm is specified as a local realm in krb.conf(5). The principal names specified in this file must include the realm, and should be in Kerberos 4 format. That is, specify "user.inst@REALM", not "user/inst@REALM", "user.inst", nor "user/inst". RATIONALE
It is possible to use the krb.conf(5) configuration file to specify that multiple Kerberos realms can be considered `local' realms by OpenAFS fileservers, and those realms can be used nearly interchangeably. A site may list "FOO.EXAMPLE.COM" and "BAR.EXAMPLE.COM" to allow users to access AFS by using Kerberos tickets from either "FOO.EXAMPLE.COM" or "BAR.EXAMPLE.COM", and be treated as AFS users local to that cell. In many setups, one realm is really a `local' realm that is managed by the AFS administrators, and another `foreign' realm is specified in krb.conf that is managed by someone else, but in the same organization. In such a case, the principal names for users are the same, so users should be able to use either realm to authenticate to AFS. However, the principals for administrators are not the same between the two realms, and so the administrators in the `foreign' realm should not be considered AFS administrators. Specifying the administrator principals in the `foreign' realm prevents this, but still allows users to use either realm. EXAMPLES
The realms "FOO.EXAMPLE.COM" and "AD.EXAMPLE.COM" are configured to both be local realms, but "AD.EXAMPLE.COM" should not be used by AFS administrators. The AFS administrators are "admin" and "smith.admin". krb.excl contains: admin@AD.EXAMPLE.COM smith.admin@AD.EXAMPLE.COM Now if someone authenticates with tickets for "smith/admin@AD.EXAMPLE.COM", they will not be recognized as the "smith.admin" AFS identity. However, "smith@AD.EXAMPLE.COM" will be treated as the "smith" AFS identity, and "smith/admin@FOO.EXAMPLE.COM" will still be treated as "smith.admin". SEE ALSO
krb.conf(5) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2010 Sine Nomine Associates This documentation is covered by the BSD License as written in the doc/LICENSE file. This man page was written by Andrew Deason for OpenAFS. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 KRB.EXCL(5)