Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Networking issue with Fedora 5 Post 302123389 by Neo on Monday 25th of June 2007 11:09:17 AM
Old 06-25-2007
First, you need to read basic Red Hat admin guides, like this one. Currently you can buy a used copy for around $3 on Amazon (see link).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Knoppix Live Networking Issue

So yeah, I have knoppix live and can't seem to set the devices on the network... I configured the IP, and the server sees it, I configured DNS and I can access some websites, and I still can't access the shared folders on the system. Did I miss something here? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Itsaboutme
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Wierd networking issue

I have Debian Etch release as a fresh install on a PIII to be a router/firewall. I've configured networking, and utilized Shorewall to set up iptables scripting. I've installed dhcp3, both client and server, to pull an ip from my broadband cable modem, and dish out ip's to a switch for other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pflink
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

Networking issue

Oh people of expert i have proplem related to networking i wanna setup a computer as a web server and giving that server a real ip address The details here as follows the location of that computer is a lab full of computers attached to local lan each lab is attached to a smart switch ( not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Fedora 11 installation issue

Hi, I have installed fedora 11 Alpha i386 in my desktop. After installation and reboot my pc I got error says : Reading all physical volumes. This may take a while... Found volume group "vg_group" using metadata type lvm2 2 logical volume(s) in volume group vg_group now active mount :... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: peac3
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

network connectivity issue between vista and fedora

Hi guys, I had two computer which is one with vista and other one with fedora and they are connected via one router. from vista to fedora is fine.. I can ping or connect via putty using Ip address but I couldn't connect putty using hostname/domain. If I typed in fedora the hostname,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peac3
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Fedora 9 issue

Hi, I have dual OS on my system. Have XP and fedora 9. i would like to access windows partition from linux. I know we get a RPM package for that. But I am not able to find. Please can some help me on this. As well if we have FAT file system on windows, will that OS be accessible on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prakash.kudreka
1 Replies

7. AIX

AIX Networking Issue

Hello, I'm trying to set up an internet connection on an IBM RS/6000 7043-140 machine with AIX v 5.1. The problem is that no matter if it is setup to receive an IP address from another DHCP server or has a static IP set, it seems to act as a DHCP server that assigns a random IP address with a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xsystem
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Fedora 16 (i686) DVD boot issue in x86 (32bit)

Hi, I'm using fedora for 5 years. recently i decided to install new version (16). after i reboot the computer and want to boot from dvd nothing happen's and system boot's from hard disk (i have setup the bios to directly boot from dvd-rom and my dvd-rom is ok). i have downloaded (again) fc16 dvd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ba$h
3 Replies

9. AIX

Networking Issue (Cant Ping the gateway)

Hi, I installed AIX 7.1 on a blade though (hmc with vio). I can ping the IP address, but not the gateway. Is there anything that I should configure? Is there anything that I have to check with vio setting or Am I missing any configuration? Please let me know further. Thank you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjeedu2247
5 Replies

10. Fedora

Fedora 17 LVM Issue

Hello, I tried to add more space to my Volume Group in Fedora 17 and the process seems to have borked: LVM did not restart. I booted into partition manager and deleted the new parition but that seems to have compounded the problem. Now when I try and restore the Volume Group I get this message:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies
RPMGRAPH(8)							   Red Hat Linux						       RPMGRAPH(8)

NAME
rpmgraph - Display RPM Package Dependency Graph SYNOPSIS
rpmgraph PACKAGE_FILE ... DESCRIPTION
rpmgraph uses PACKAGE_FILE arguments to generate a package dependency graph. Each PACKAGE_FILE argument is read and added to an rpm trans- action set. The elements of the transaction set are partially ordered using a topological sort. The partially ordered elements are then printed to standard output. Nodes in the dependency graph are package names, and edges in the directed graph point to the parent of each node. The parent node is defined as the last predecessor of a package when partially ordered using the package depndencies as a relation. That means that the parent of a given package is the package's last prerequisite. The output is in dot(1) directed graph format, and can be displayed or printed using the dotty graph editor from the graphviz package. There are no rpmgraph specific options, only common rpm options. See the rpmgraph usage message for what is currently implemented. SEE ALSO
dot(1), dotty(1), http://www.graphviz.org/ <URL:http://www.graphviz.org/> AUTHORS
Jeff Johnson <jbj@redhat.com> Red Hat, Inc. 30 June 2002 RPMGRAPH(8)