Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to identify whether the return key is pressed ?? Post 302123350 by Shell_Life on Monday 25th of June 2007 09:08:09 AM
Old 06-25-2007
Aik,
See if this is what you want:
Code:
echo "Press enter to continue."
read mGarbage

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

know what key is pressed

hi i´m making a program, and i would like to know how can i know what key was pressed. i'm using Sun5.7 and C. is there a keypress/keypressed function in C? how can i know recognize the keys (enter, tab, shift, etc.)? can i recognize two keys ? (shift+A, ctrl+C, etc) any idea.. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Behavior Return key

Hi all! Well, you might have guessed it, I am looking for a way to control the return key under Solaris 8 and using telnet connections. I notice a difference between Solaris and System V but I don't know exactly where to look for changes. The stty params are slightly different but as far as I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nulnul7
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return Key

Is it possible to enter data into a read command and automatically enter, for instance read name echo "Andy" /r could this work cos it doesn't seem to be working for me! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chapmana
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

screen blinks when escape key is pressed

hi folks, i am using sun solaris, when i press escape key in putty/netterm screen will blink for a second, plese let me know where this setting is done by my admin, what i feel is my admin must have set some control key for this so that screen will refresh each time i press escape key. please let... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudheer157
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wait given time unless key pressed

Hello everyone. I'm trying to create a script that waits a given amount of time unless a given key is pressed. I found a very useful thread here https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/59605-trap-key-press-script.html however, I cannot figure out a way of avoiding the keypress if the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cue
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to enter a return key in bash script?

Hi, I'm porting an install script from AIX to Red Hat (2.6.18-164.el5 #1 SMP) I have this script working in both AIX and HP-UX. The script is a wrapper for a Micro Focus Server Express install program. It responds to the install program questions with a here-now list. Responses includes... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: duker61
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disable Enter key to be pressed

Hi Experts, I have a script in which I want to disable the "Enter" key press. Actually my script executes some process in background. So, till that background process is running, I don't want "Enter" key to be pressed by user. Is this can be achieved using trap command? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: R0H0N
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i know the pressed key is arrowup?

Hi all, I need to know how to test a pressed key is arrowup or arrowdown and etc.. I found that the "echo" won't print anything if i enter the arrowup in the below code: read echo "you pressed $REPLY" Then i find a way to achieve my goal. 1 #! /bin/bash 2 3 ARROWUP='\;then... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeboy
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

enter key or carriage return as input in perl

hi experts Question in perl i'm creating a script to take from user a different inputs one of them is the carriage return .. so that i want to make an if condition if the user hit enter key the user will go to previous step it something like that chomp ($input = <STDIN>); if ($input =~... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: doubando
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write a shell script to automatically accept return key with out user intervention?

Hi Friends, i am creating a shell script which is accepting file name as input parameter from Java and invoking finacle service. The service will accpet text file,B2k_session id,etc and upload the text file data in finacle database. My shell script looks like this:- #! /bin/ksh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vadlamudy
2 Replies
asadmin-start-domain(1AS)					   User Commands					 asadmin-start-domain(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-start-domain, start-domain - starts the given domain SYNOPSIS
start-domain [--domaindir install_dir/domains] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--verbose=false] [--debug] [domain_name] start-domain starts the specified domain. If there is only one domain in the default domain directory (install_dir/domains), then no oper- and is required to start the domain. However, if there is more than one domain, the domain operand must be specified. This command can only be run locally. OPTIONS
--domaindir directory where the domain is to be started. If specified, path must be accessible in the filesystem. If not speci- fied, the domain is started in the default install_dir/domains directory. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --verbose by default this flag is set to false. If set to true, detailed server startup output is displayed. Press CTRL-C to kill the server. Press CTRL- to print a thread dump. --debug by default this flag is set to false. If set to true, the server is started in debug mode and prints the JPDA port on the console. OPERANDS
domain_name name of the domain. Must be a unique name. Example 1: Using start-domain asadmin> start-domain sampleDomain Starting Domain sampleDomain, please wait. Domain sampleDomain started Where: the sampleDomain domain is started. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-domain(1AS), asadmin-delete-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS), asadmin-list-domains(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-start-domain(1AS)