Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: minimum password length
Operating Systems HP-UX minimum password length Post 302123184 by Perderabo on Sunday 24th of June 2007 07:36:17 AM
Old 06-24-2007
With recent versions of HP-UX, this is controlled via the security file. You would just edit the MIN_PASSWORD_LENGTH entry. I don't think that worked on 11i though. However, if you install the Shadow Password Package, I think you will be able to do this.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

password length

hi friends, anybody know how many character of password length in aix5.3? please help me TIA bong (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bong02
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What the command to find out the record length of a fixed length file?

I want to find out the record length of a fixed length file? I forgot the command. Any body know? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tranq01
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove strings of lowercase characters (with minimum length requirement)

Hi all, I want to delete all lowercase characters from my file, but only strings of length 7 and more. For example, how can I go from: JHGEFigeIGDUIirfyfiyhgfoiyfKJHGuioyrDHG To: JHGEFigeIGDUIKJHGuioyrDHG There should be a trick to add to sed 's///g', but I can't figure it out.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elbuzzo
2 Replies

4. AIX

AIX 5.3 userid password length to 6

Hi All, How can I make the password of only two userid with 6 length while others are using regular policy of 8 or more length. Please help. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Enforcing password length.

I would like to enforce the users to use 15 character passwords. I have edited the /etc/default/passwd and given PASSLENGTH=15. What i noticed is that when user changes the password next time, it will enforce the a 15 character password but during the next logon, it verifies only first 8... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxadmin007
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

Increase Password length

Hello All, I am using RHEL 4. Currently maximum password length limit is set to 8 on my system. Please tell what do i need to change to increase this limit to say 20. I changed the login.defs and included the following line - " PASS_MAX_LEN 20 " but this dint work. I further... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamik
7 Replies

7. Red Hat

Security Question: Lock after invalid login, Session Lock and Required Minimum Password Length

Hello all, If anyone has time, I have a few questions: How do I do the following in Linux. We are using Red Hat and Oracle Enterprise Linux, which is based on Red Hat too. 1. How to lock the account after a few (like 3) invalid password attempts? 2. How do you lock a screen after 30... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nstarz
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Flat file-make field length equal to header length

Hello Everyone, I am stuck with one issue while working on abstract flat file which i have to use as input and load data to table. Input Data- ------ ------------------------ ---- ----------------- WFI001 Xxxxxx Control Work Item A Number of Records ------ ------------------------... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonali.s.more
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter all the lines with minimum specified length of words of a text file

Hi Can someone tell me which script will work best (in terms of speed and simplicity to write and run) for a large text file to filter all the lines with a minimum specified length of words ? A sample script with be definitely of great help !!! Thanks in advance. :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
4 Replies
URI::URL(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     URI::URL(3pm)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3pm)