Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to set restricted user by rksh? Cannot use Perl module DBD::Oracle Post 302122994 by harmonwood on Friday 22nd of June 2007 11:16:58 AM
Old 06-22-2007
Have you looked into a Jail Shell?

This sounds like you want a jail shell. Allowing the user to login and use very pacific programs and nothing else.

checkout:
You might also find some Jail Shells for BSD that could be adapted to Solaris.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

perl module DBD-Oracle

I am trying to install Oracle perl module(DBD-Oracle). MY oracle server runs on solaris 8 while the machine am tring to install DBD-Oracle runs Suse linux 9(SLE 9) Oracle client library including sqlplus are NFS mount on my suse linux machine from my solaris oracle server but when I run make on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan1
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

perl-DBD-Oracle

I am trying to install perl-DBD-Oracle-1.16-1.2.rpm on Suse (SLE 9), like rpm -Uvh perl-DBD-Oracle-1.16-1.2.rpm but I keep getting the following error message error: Failed dependencies: libclntsh.so.10.1 is needed by perl-DBD-Oracle-1.16-1.2.el4 libnnz10.so is needed by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan1
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

DBD-Informix drive for windows version of perl

Hi, I want to know where can I download the DBD-Informix drive for windows version of perl. Regards, Mahehs :confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maheshsri
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl DBI/DBD Module -in cygwin

Hi all, I am trying to install the DBI module in perl using perl -MCPAN -e shell install 'DBI' --It is installing into the nuild directory properly but when it try to make it is saying NOT OK -I tried to copy the module manually to the /lib/perl5/vendor_perl ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
3 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

help: error in installing perl module DBD::mysql

Hi, I am trying to install perl module DBD::mysql and don't know how to resolve the following: # make test PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t t/00base.............ok 3/5install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't load... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yogesh Sawant
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installing Perl DBI and DBD

Hi, i have some queries on installing the Perl DBI and the DBD Oracle. I know that i have to install the DBI first. I have the source files in a folder in my home directory.The commands to install arecd /home/DBI Perl Makefile.PL make make installI would like to know, after executing these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

make test fails for DBD::Oracle installation

I've already installed the DBI Perl Module with no issues and now I'm attempting to install the DBD::Oracle driver on a Red Hat Enterprise 4 server and am having some trouble. I've checked through the forums and haven't seen anything helpful at this point. Everything goes fine during the perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pstrosnyder
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to set stack for Oracle's user?

Hi all! I've got a problem. Primary: Sun Sparc V890, 64bit Standby: HP-Proliant ML 350, 64bit In the machine that I've got configured physical standby database, the alert_log_file point me one error: Sat Feb 28 00:40:08 2009 ORA-00202: control file:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: trantuananh24hg
5 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Installing MySql DBD in dtrawberry perl

Hi Guys, I am trying to install DBI and DBD-MYSQL for strawberry perl. But i am not able to install. :wall: DBD-MYSQL >> makefile.pl gives error as 'Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO)'. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanth.vadalur
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

set ksh script in restricted mode

Hi, I came across a post wherein you can use "set -r"(on bash) to activate restricted mode ( wherein you cant run some commands such as cd etc). Can anyone guide if we have anything similar in ksh ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shivdatta
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.5 2011-08-13 URI::URL(3)