Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Shell script to convert to Title case Post 302122707 by SankarV on Thursday 21st of June 2007 03:24:13 AM
Old 06-21-2007
Shell script to convert to Title case

I need a shell script which will convert the given string to Title case.

E.g "hi man"

to "Hi man"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lower case to upper case string conversion in shell script

How can convert a Lower case variable value to an upper case in the kron shell script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchalavadi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert value in a variable from upper case to lower case

Hi, I have a variable $Ctrcd which contains country names in upper case and i want to convert them into lower case. I have tried so many solutions from already existing threads but couldn't get the correct one. Can anybody help me with this..... Thanks a lot.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manmeet
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell/Perl script to convert to Capitalize case

I need a shell script which will convert the given string within a <title> tag to Capitalize case. E.g "<title>hi man: check this out</title>" to "<title>Hi Man: Check This Out</title>" (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: parshant_bvcoe
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert upper case to lower case in ascript

I have a package to install and the installation script which does it . The files/directories names in the script are all lower case but the actual package has everything in upper case - file names, directories . I don't want to rename directories and files in the package - it has a lot of them . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vz6zz8
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Convert Upper case to Lower case

Hi All I have a script which extracts values from a Database (A persons name) and puts it into a variable in my script IE: $NAME However the Value in the DB is all in uppercase and contains the users first name and last name EG: > echo $NAME GRAHAM BOYLE > What I need is only the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: grahambo2005
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Title Case after apostrophe

I've got: $string =~ s/(\w+)/\u\L$1/g; Which capitalizes each word in the string. The problem is if I have a string with an apostrophe the first letter after it gets capitalized as well. So Bob's becomes Bob'S. Thanks for any quick fixes! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjmtaiwan
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To convert Lower case to Upper Case

There is a script where we pass the parameter in lower case: say: . ./scriptName pArameter #!/bin/ksh echo "`date` Entering $0 Reloading the $1 table " mname1=$1 (code to login MYSQL Database) Truncate table $mname1; exit ! Since now there is a limitaion of MYSQL that it accept... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambarginni
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script to convert words to Title case

Hi :) I have a .txt file with thousands of words. I was wondering if i could use a simple sed or awk command to convert / replace all words in the text file to Title Case format ? Example: from: this is line one this is line two this is line three to desired output: This Is Line... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: martinsmith
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert text between exact matching patterns to Title case

Hi Folks, I have a large text file with multiple similar patterns on each line like: blank">PATTERN1 some word PATTERN2 title=">PATTERN1 some word PATTERN2 blank">PATTERN1 another word PATTERN2 title=">PATTERN1 another word PATTERN2 blank">PATTERN1 one more time PATTERN2 title=">PATTERN1... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: martinsmith
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help need to convert bi-lingual files in sub-title format

I have a large number of files in the standard subtitle format with the additional proviso that the files are bi-lingual i.e. English and a second language: in this case Hindi. A small sample is given below: 00 04 07 08 00 04 11 00 I mean very high fever... He even vomited. 00 04 07 08 00... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
6 Replies
Bio::Tools::EUtilities::Link::UrlLink(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		Bio::Tools::EUtilities::Link::UrlLink(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Tools::EUtilities::Link::UrlLink - class for EUtils UrlLinks SYNOPSIS
# ... DESCRIPTION
# ... FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to one of the Bioperl mailing lists. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@lists.open-bio.org - General discussion http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web. https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR
Email cjfields at bioperl dot org APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ get_dbfrom Title : get_dbfrom Usage : Function : Returns : Args : get_attribute Title : get_attribute Usage : Function : Returns : Args : get_icon_url Title : get_icon_url Usage : Function : Returns : Args : get_subject_type Title : Usage : Function : Returns : Args : get_url Title : get_url Usage : Function : Returns : Args : get_link_name Title : get_link_name Usage : Function : Returns : Args : get_provider_name Title : get_provider_name Usage : Function : Returns : Args : get_provider_abbr Title : get_provider_abbr Usage : Function : Returns : Args : get_provider_id Title : get_provider_id Usage : Function : Returns : Args : get_provider_icon_url Title : get_provider_icon_url Usage : Function : Returns : Args : get_provider_url Title : get_provider_url Usage : Function : Returns : Args : to_string Title : to_string Usage : $foo->to_string() Function : converts current object to string Returns : none Args : (optional) simple data for text formatting Note : Used generally for debugging and for various print methods perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Bio::Tools::EUtilities::Link::UrlLink(3pm)