Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FORMAT OF CSV FILE under unix environment. Post 302122455 by kamitsin on Wednesday 20th of June 2007 02:01:56 PM
Old 06-20-2007
Code:
awk -F"," '{printf "%-20s %-20s %-20s %-20s %-20s\n",$1,$2,$3,$4,$5}' <file-name>

kamitsin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK CSV to TXT format, TXT file not in a correct column format

HI guys, I have created a script to read 1 column in a csv file and then place it in text file. However, when i checked out the text file, it is not in a column format... Example: CSV file contains name,age aa,11 bb,22 cc,33 After using awk to get first column TXT file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdap
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix script to convert .csv file to.xls format

I have a .csv file in Unix box i need a UNIX script to convert the.csv files to.xls format. Its very urgent please help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moon_friend
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format CSV file

I have a csv file which I need to process and export back to xlsx file. For instance, the csv contains: John Smith, job-title, hours John Smith, job-title, hours Mary Smith job-title, hours etc. I need to import that to a script, get id of redundant data i.e: John smith, job-title,... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: _tina_
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display o/p in HTML format from unix environment

Hi, i want to disply the o/p in HTML format from unix environment. Let me explain my requirement. First an automated email should be sent in HTML format. The report contains number of error on a daily basis for this week. email looks like below, 01-04-2010 1000 02-04-2010 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retaining the Unix CSV format in Excel format while exporting

Hi All, I have created a Unix Shell script whch creates a *.csv file and export it to Excel. The problem i am facing is that Users wants one of the AMOUNT field in comma separted values. Example : if the Amount has the value as 3000000 User wants to be in 3,000,000 format. This Amount format... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rawat_me01
2 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Format csv file using Unix

Hi All, I have an csv file with three rows, where first containing header deatils. is there any way to make the first row to appear bold using UNIX command. Input File: Name Rank arun 1 babu 2 Expected Output: Name Rank arun 1 babu 2 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format csv file

Hi, I need to make some changes in a csv file using awk or perl. Unfortunately, all my attempts have led to nothing so I hope you guys can help me. I have the following example input file including header(original file has 35 fields): ABC: DE Time: 2012/09/07... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subbeh
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends, I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving... File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX command output in csv format

I'm just wondering is there any way to capture the output of a unix command in a csv format. df -h gives the result of filesystem,free space,Used space, use %,mounted on. Is there a way to capture the command output and format it as comma sparated or fixed length file. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anita81
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change date format in am/pm in csv files using UNIX

Hi All, I'm new to forum good to hear all. I stuck in converting date format in csv file using unix csv file contains as below ,750,0000000000000000GCJR, ,06/22/2016 14:48:44 I want to convert into as below ,750,0000000000000000GCJR, ,06/22/2016 02:48:44 PM Please reply asap..... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raghureds
22 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_PROFTP(7) 					OCF resource agents					   OCF_HEARTBEAT_PROFTP(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_proftpd - OCF Resource Agent compliant FTP script. SYNOPSIS
proftpd [start | stop | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
This script manages Proftpd in an Active-Passive setup SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
binary The Proftpd binary (optional, string, default /usr/sbin/proftpd) conffile The Proftpd configuration file name with full path. For example, "/etc/proftpd.conf" (optional, string, default /etc/proftpd.conf) pidfile The Proftpd PID file. The location of the PID file is configured in the Proftpd configuration file. (optional, string, default /var/run/proftpd.pid) curl_binary The absolute path to the curl binary for monitoring with OCF_CHECK_LEVEL greater zero. (optional, string, default /usr/bin/curl) curl_url The URL which is checked by curl with OCF_CHECK_LEVEL greater zero. (optional, string, default ftp://localhost/) test_user The name of the ftp user for monitoring with OCF_CHECK_LEVEL greater zero. (optional, string, default test) test_pass The password of the ftp user for monitoring with OCF_CHECK_LEVEL greater zero. (optional, string, no default) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. Suggested interval: 60s. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. Suggested interval: 120s. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5s. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a proftpd resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive p_proftpd ocf:heartbeat:proftpd op monitor depth="0" timeout="20s" interval="60s" op monitor depth="10" timeout="20s" interval="120s" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/proftpd_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents UNKNOWN 03/09/2014 OCF_HEARTBEAT_PROFTP(7)