Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: script execute or no execute
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script execute or no execute Post 302122407 by earnstaf on Wednesday 20th of June 2007 11:28:17 AM
Old 06-20-2007
Just for fun .. anyone wanna tackle this? Smilie

Quote:
or hello. I have script that is executed under a task of the CronJOb of the UNIX, I have UNIX version 11, my script has a cycle which txt soon each one of those archives reads archives must happen through a stored procedure which I have stored it in my data base oracle 10g, which in script I call to this procedure with execute NAME Of the PROCEdimiento doing the routine to enter his - oracle and entering sqlplus, but have the situation that some archives processes and others and I do not need to control within script that if the file process satisfacotriamente within the procedure is not problem but if IT WAS NOT DONE me the envie for another folder and what I have not managed to do is to make this condition for knowing when he was satisfacotorio or to not execution it of a process. The way as I realize if it has processed or a file is not by means of var/mail/root manually. thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute shell Script?

I am new to UNIX , Can any one let me know how to execute shell script (i.e which command I have to use for the same). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks siva mymvs999@yahoo.com (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

execute a script

Okay, a more basic question will be hard to find, but I'm a first time Unix user and I can't get a script starting. I'm the owner of te script, I can change te script but when I want to execute it, it can't be found???? $ ls -l gives: -rwxr-x--x db_call_checkup $ db_call_checkup gives:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinydejong
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute Shell Script

Hi all, I am begginer of UNIX . I dont know if i have a script written in korn shell with .ksh extention . If i want to execute that how can i do that? Can anybody suggest the best book to learn korn shell scripting. Thanks sam71 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam71
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't execute a script

I have a script with a .sh extension. When I try to run it from the command line using: test.sh ,I get this message: ksh: test.sh: not found How do I run this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssmiths001
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to execute 2 scripts, wait, execute 2 more wait, till end of file

:cool: I need to execute a shell script to do the following: cat a file run two back ground processes using the first two values from the file wait till those background processes finish run two more background processes using the next two values from the file wait till those background... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: halo98
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

execute script

Hi everybody: I would like to know how I can execute a script which to execute we have to follow different steps. I have did that this script needs some users features. These features are introduced from screem, but ussually these are equal. for this reason I would to to know if it is possible... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tonet
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

not able to execute script

hi, I have 2 questions Ques1.) I have one script(profile.ksh) and I execting it by # ./profile.ksh ./profile.ksh: bad substitution and when I am using ksh profile.ksh ----it is running. but other scripts are running fine. So can any1 tell me what is wrong with it :confused: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

not able to execute shell script

HI, bash-2.05# more mysqlstoporaclestart.sh #!/bin/sh mysqladmin -u root -pengineer shutdown su - oracle -c "bash /export/home/oracle/oracle.sh" bash-2.05# more /export/home/oracle/oracle.sh /oracle/bin/sqlplus "/as sysdba"<< EOF startup nomount... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakash.gr
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To execute the same script in another machine

We have a few machines which share the same directory. How can I execute the same script under that directory in different machine while I am using mine? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jiao
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to execute a script

Hi , I wrote below code to do filename change. I have a file named TEST2013_09_18_XX_XX_XX.csv and I want it to be TEST2013_09_17_XX_XX_XX.csv. i.e of last date But when i am executing my script I am not getting expected output. STAMP=`TZ=BST+24 date +%Y_%m_%d` find /path of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
1 Replies
WEDGED(8C)																WEDGED(8C)

NAME
wedged - HylaFAX modem wedged script SYNOPSIS
/var/spool/fax/bin/wedged devid device DESCRIPTION
bin/wedged is the command script invoked by the facsimile server when a modem is deemed to be in an irreparable state and requires operator intervention. This decision is based on the setting of the MaxSetupAttempts configuration parameter described in hylafax-config(5F). The default wedged script sends electronic mail to the FaxMaster alias. The interval at which emails are sent can be configured in the etc/FaxDispatch file by setting the WEDGED_EMAIL_INTERVAL variable to the desired number of minutes (emails will be sent no more than every WEDGED_EMAIL_INTERVAL minutes, until the wedged condition persists). If the variable WEDGED_DISABLE_FAXGETTY is set in etc/FaxDispatch then the script will attempt to disable any faxgetty processes spawned by the init(8C) process for the problematic modem. In addition the faxq(8C) process automatically disables use of the modem for servicing outbound jobs. The devid argument is the identifier derived from the name of the modem's device file by substituting ``_'' characters for ``/'' charac- ters; e.g. term_10 for /dev/term/10. The device argument is the name of the character special device associated with the modem. If there exists an executable file /var/spool/fax/etc/resetmodem then that file will be executed upon execution of the wedged script in an effort to recover the modem. FILES
/usr/sbin/sendmail for delivering mail SEE ALSO
faxq(8C), hylafax-config(5F) October 3, 1995 WEDGED(8C)