Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Executing MS-SQL stored procedures from Unix/C Program? Post 302122226 by porter on Tuesday 19th of June 2007 05:20:56 PM
Old 06-19-2007
Write simple wrapper programs on the windows machine that use ODBC or similar, then use sockets or a higher level protocol to talk from the Solaris box to those wrapper programs.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Calling Oracle Stored Procedures in UNIx(sun solaris)

I have created 3 Procedures all similar to this one: I then created 3 shell sripts which will call the sql? finally created a calling script to call the procedure. I am a bit unsure how to this all works, can someone check my code and I am doing this right? Also could I add my procedure (first... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: etravels
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stored Procedures

Dear friends, can anyone suggest links for online books on stored procedures in oracle. Cheers, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thumsup9
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing multiple Oracle procedures concurrently

I am using KSH with an OS of AIX Version 5.3. From my shell script, that will be scheduled thorugh a CRON, I need to execute 2 Oracle stored procedures concurrently. If we execute them one at a time, the total execution time takes 4 hours or more. Since they are not dependent on each other and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: multidogzoomom
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Executing Stored Proc from unix prompt.

Hi All, I want to run/execute a stored procedure (sybase) from unix command prompt not by login in isql utility which is provided my Sybase guys. Is there way ..? Thanks in advance for your help !!! Regards, Arvind S. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindcgi
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Executing pl/sql using sqlplus on unix

Hi to all, I have a endday.sh file. And I execute this like "sh endday.sh" from command prompt. In endday.sh file it writes: sqlplus temp/temp@data @run.sql& echo $!>>pid.txt However my aim is not to put the pid into pid.txt but I need to insert the pid into an oracle table using sqlplus.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maverick1234
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing pl/sql using sqlplus on unix

Hi to all, I have a endday.sh file. And I execute this like "sh endday.sh" from command prompt. In endday.sh file it writes: sqlplus temp/temp@data @run.sql& echo $!>>pid.txt However my aim is not to put the pid into pid.txt but I need to insert the pid into an oracle table using sqlplus.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maverick1234
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compile a stored procedure that is there with in a script file(.sql) in unix

Hi, How can i compile the procedure code that is there in a script file (.sql) in unix. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna_gnv
0 Replies
TALK(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   TALK(1)

NAME
talk -- talk to another user SYNOPSIS
talk person [ttyname] DESCRIPTION
The talk utility is a visual communication program which copies lines from your terminal to that of another user. Options available: person If you wish to talk to someone on your own machine, then person is just the person's login name. If you wish to talk to a user on another host, then person is of the form 'user@host' or 'host!user' or 'host:user'. ttyname If you wish to talk to a user who is logged in more than once, the ttyname argument may be used to indicate the appropriate terminal name, where ttyname is of the form 'ttyXX'. When first called, talk sends the message Message from TalkDaemon@his_machine... talk: connection requested by your_name@your_machine. talk: respond with: talk your_name@your_machine to the user you wish to talk to. At this point, the recipient of the message should reply by typing talk your_name@your_machine It does not matter from which machine the recipient replies, as long as his login-name is the same. Once communication is established, the two parties may type simultaneously, with their output appearing in separate windows. Typing control-L '^L' will cause the screen to be reprinted. Typing control-D '^D' will clear both parts of your screen to be cleared, while the control-D character will be sent to the remote side (and just displayed by this talk client). Your erase, kill, and word kill characters will behave normally. To exit, just type your interrupt character; talk then moves the cursor to the bottom of the screen and restores the terminal to its previous state. Permission to talk may be denied or granted by use of the mesg(1) command. At the outset talking is allowed. FILES
/etc/hosts to find the recipient's machine /var/run/utx.active to find the recipient's tty SEE ALSO
mail(1), mesg(1), wall(1), who(1), write(1), talkd(8) HISTORY
The talk command appeared in 4.2BSD. In FreeBSD 5.3, the default behaviour of talk was changed to treat local-to-local talk requests as originating and terminating at localhost. Before this change, it was required that the hostname (as per gethostname(3)) resolved to a valid IPv4 address (via gethostbyname(3)), making talk unsuitable for use in configurations where talkd(8) was bound to the loopback interface (normally for security reasons). BUGS
The version of talk released with 4.3BSD uses a protocol that is incompatible with the protocol used in the version released with 4.2BSD. Multibyte characters are not recognized. BSD
January 21, 2010 BSD