Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Exit code 137 on a backup
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Exit code 137 on a backup Post 302122123 by hill_0613 on Tuesday 19th of June 2007 08:47:14 AM
Old 06-19-2007
Process under HP-UX was killed with return code 137

One process in HP-UX was killed for unknown reason, but our application shell caught the return code 137. Do you know why it's killed? It should not be killed by someone manually, we can see it from the return code.
Thanks!

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

All about exit code

Hi, I am working on Solaris 8 and the "intro" man page says, "Upon termination, each command returns two bytes of status, one supplied by the system and given the cause for termination, and (in the case of 'normal' termination) one supplied by the program. The former byte is 0 for normal... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdin2
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I find a list of exit codes? (Exit code 64)

I'm receiving an exit code 64 in our batch scheduler (BMC product control-m) executing a PERL script on UX-HP. Can you tell me where I can find a list of exit codes and their meaning. I'm assuming the exit code is from the Unix operating system not PERL. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkuchar747
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

error code 137 and error code 35072

Hi while trying to run few scripts /afs/ae.ge.com/informatica/ardw/dev/bin/cdw_ar_update_recvbal.sh this script contains the below data load_dir=/afs/ae.ge.com/informatica/ardw/dev/data prog_dir=/afs/ae.ge.com/informatica/ardw/dev/bin ctl_dir=/afs/ae.ge.com/informatica/ardw/dev/ctl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laxmi131
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX exit code 11

We have a batch Unix process that runs during the day and it is getting an exit code 11 from Unix. It finishes a sqlplus step and gets the exit code 11 before it starts the next step. This used to happen once a year and now is happening more often (but not every time the process runs). We have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msol
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit code

can anyone tell what the exit status - 137 belongs in unix shell scripting. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
3 Replies
KILLALL5(8)						Linux System Administrator's Manual					       KILLALL5(8)

NAME
killall5 -- send a signal to all processes. SYNOPSIS
killall5 -signalnumber [-o omitpid[,omitpid..]] [-o omitpid[,omitpid..]..] DESCRIPTION
killall5 is the SystemV killall command. It sends a signal to all processes except kernel threads and the processes in its own session, so it won't kill the shell that is running the script it was called from. Its primary (only) use is in the rc scripts found in the /etc/init.d directory. OPTIONS
-o omitpid Tells killall5 to omit processes with that process id. NOTES
killall5 can also be invoked as pidof, which is simply a (symbolic) link to the killall5 program. EXIT STATUS
The program return zero if it killed processes. It return 2 if no process were killed, and 1 if it was unable to find any processes (/proc/ is missing). SEE ALSO
halt(8), reboot(8), pidof(8) AUTHOR
Miquel van Smoorenburg, miquels@cistron.nl 04 Nov 2003 KILLALL5(8)