Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX how to calculate CPU time under HP-UX Post 302121873 by Perderabo on Monday 18th of June 2007 05:28:20 PM
Old 06-18-2007
Can you be more specifis? CPU time can mean many things.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate Memory and CPU Usage on AIX

I have written a script that will calculate CPU usage and Memory usage of a particular process on AIX Unix. I know the PID and I am using the command -- # for CPU Usage MSG_CPU_USG=`ps uax | grep ${PID} | awk {'print $3'}` #for Memory Usage MSG_MEM_USG=`ps uax | grep ${PID} | awk {'print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

calculate the time

hello i want to display the time firstly when i run my shell script and after 25 min i want to display a message it says that the time left is 5 min. When the calculated time is 30 mins, the script should exit. can any one help me with that! Thanks in advance Regards :o (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dndoon
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why CPU time is longer than Elasped time?

I thought a program's elapsed time, some program language call it real time, should be the time of a program from start to finish. And it should be equal or longer than CPU time. This is true for the most of the cases. However, I do see some of my programs CPU time is longer than Elapsed time. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: visio2000
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate time difference between start and end time of a process!

Hello All, I have a problem calculating the time difference between start and end timings...! the timings are given by 24hr format.. Start Date : 08/05/10 12:55 End Date : 08/09/10 06:50 above values are in mm/dd/yy hh:mm format. Now the thing is, 7th(08/07/10) and... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate age of a file | calculate time difference

Hello, I'm trying to create a shell script (#!/bin/sh) which should tell me the age of a file in minutes... I have a process, which delivers me all 15 minutes a new file and I want to have a monitoring script, which sends me an email, if the present file is older than 20 minutes. To do... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: worm
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate time

Hello Guys, I am trying to calculate total hours and minutes a given user has used the system since the beginning of the current month. #!/usr/bin/sh hr=0 min=0 last $1 | grep -w `date "+%b"` | grep -v '\(0:.*\)' | grep -vw sshd | cut -c 66- | tr -d "\(\)" | cut -f1 -d ":" | grep -v '.*' |... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kasparov
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calculate %Cpu

Hi. For an homework, I have to simulate some part of the PS function. By reading the doc I've been able to find most of it but I don't how I can get the %cpu for each PID. I've read on Internet that I have to do: (utime(t)-utim(t-1))/(cputime(t)-cputime(t-1)) where cputime is the sum of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elnabo
2 Replies

8. AIX

How to calculate AIX CPU utilization using lparstat command

Could you please explain about calculate CPU utilization of aix server using lparstat command? Here below i have provided example output from aix test server. System configuration: type=Shared mode=Uncapped smt=On lcpu=4 mem=4096 psize=63 ent=0.50 %user %sys %wait %idle physc %entc ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maruthu
1 Replies

9. Linux

How to calculate total CPU usage from SAR report?

Hi, I want to calculate the total cpu usage from the sar report. Say for example, Linux 2.6.24-21-generic (blade10) 09/10/2012 04:54:36 PM CPU %user %nice %system %iowait %steal %idle 04:54:37 PM all 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohitmd
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate Time diff in milli milliseconds(Time format : HH:MM:SS,NNN)

Hi All, I have one file which contains time for request and response. I want to calculate time difference in milliseconds for each line. This file can contain 10K lines. Sample file with 4 lines. for first line. Request Time: 15:23:45,255 Response Time: 15:23:45,258 Time diff... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raza Ali
6 Replies
CPUSET(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						 CPUSET(3)

NAME
cpuset_create, cpuset_destroy, cpuset_zero, cpuset_set, cpuset_clr, cpuset_isset, cpuset_size -- dynamic CPU sets SYNOPSIS
#include <sched.h> cpuset_t * cpuset_create(void); void cpuset_destroy(cpuset_t *set); void cpuset_zero(cpuset_t *set); int cpuset_set(cpuid_t cpu, cpuset_t *set); int cpuset_clr(cpuid_t cpu, cpuset_t *set); int cpuset_isset(cpuid_t cpu, const cpuset_t *set); size_t cpuset_size(const cpuset_t *set); DESCRIPTION
This section describes the functions used to create, set, use and destroy the dynamic CPU sets. This API can be used with the POSIX threads, see pthread(3) and affinity(3). The ID of the primary CPU in the system is 0. FUNCTIONS
cpuset_create() Allocates and initializes a clean CPU-set. Returns the pointer to the CPU-set, or NULL on failure. cpuset_destroy(set) Destroy the CPU-set specified by set. cpuset_zero(set) Makes the CPU-set specified by set clean, that is, memory is initialized to zero bytes, and none of the CPUs set. cpuset_set(cpu, set) Sets the CPU specified by cpu in set. Returns zero on success, and -1 if cpu is invalid. cpuset_clr(cpu, set) Clears the CPU specified by cpu in the CPU-set set. Returns zero on success, and -1 if cpu is invalid. cpuset_isset(cpu, set) Checks if CPU specified by cpu is set in the CPU-set set. Returns the positive number if set, zero if not set, and -1 if cpu is invalid. cpuset_size(set) Returns the size in bytes of CPU-set specified by set. SEE ALSO
affinity(3), pset(3), sched(3), schedctl(8), kcpuset(9) HISTORY
The dynamic CPU sets appeared in NetBSD 5.0. BSD
November 2, 2011 BSD