Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Value too large to be stored in data type??? Post 302121807 by Shell_Life on Monday 18th of June 2007 01:29:04 PM
Old 06-18-2007
Limame,
Don't you think it is important to tell us what you are using
to "open" a 4GB file?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gzip:Value too large for defined data type

SunOS machinename 5.8 Generic_108528-13 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise-10000 I am gzipping a file over 2GB and get this error message: Filename :Value too large for defined data type Is this because the file is over 2GB? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dangral
1 Replies

2. Programming

FILE data type

Hi all, Can anyone tell me a little about the datatype FILE, which represents stream. What does its structure look like, and in which header file is it defined and so on... Ex : FILE *fp ; fp = fopen("filename", "w") ; (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script or piece of code where the data returned by a stored procedure you are writing

hi fndz. Can you please help me with the code if I call a stored procedure from my shell script and stored procedure returns a cursor, cursor output should be saved to a file (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: enigma_83
3 Replies

4. SCO

Error: Value too large for defined data type

Hi all, I have this problem in one of the SCO UNIXWare 7.1.4. We have an application which is working on hundreds of machines. When we try to install the same application on a new machine, the executable/binary gives the following error and exits... "xxx startup failure: Value too large for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chava01
1 Replies

5. Programming

help with data type sizes

i'm using a C program and running it on a linux server, i got 2 adressess of 2 variables, and 2 addresses of 2 chars, and compared it. and got the size of a int and the size of a char. why is a size of a int (4 bytes) bigger then the size of a char (1 byte)? also if i do &a-&b i get 1, but if i... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
30 Replies

6. HP-UX

struct utsname throwing error : Value too large to be stored in data type

Hi, I am trying to fetch sysname and nodename using struct utsname. I have two HP-UX servers on with 10 characters and other with 13 characters host name. For the first one I am getting truncated 8 characters as output but for the second one i am getting "Value too large to be stored in data type"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shivarajbm
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

finding these, whether previous data stored ?

Hi All, On HP Unix, 11.23 can following be checked , Processes which were consuming more 1)CPU 2)Memory 3)page faults For particular Time Frame say Yesterday 7 Am to 7.30 Am and , Yesterday Evening 19.00 Pm to 19.30 Pm Please specify how. whether we need to enable, some... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidharthmellam
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Multi-line data to be stored in variable

Greetings Experts, As part of automating the sql generation, I have the source table name, target table name, join condition stored in a file join_conditions.txt which is a delimited file (I can edit the file if for any reason). The reason I needed to store is I have built SELECT list without... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
5 Replies

9. AIX

AIX and Value too large to be stored in data type.

root@test8:/config1>oslevel -s 5300-01-00-0000 root@test8:/config1>oslevel -r 5300-01 while moving a file sized 9GB i got this message root@test8:/configapp>mv bkp_14JUN16_oraapp_2.tgz /oraapp bkp_14JUN16_oraapp_2.tgz: Value too large to be stored in data type. possibly need APAR... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies
set(n)							       Tcl Built-In Commands							    set(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
set - Read and write variables SYNOPSIS
set varName ?value? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Returns the value of variable varName. If value is specified, then set the value of varName to value, creating a new variable if one does not already exist, and return its value. If varName contains an open parenthesis and ends with a close parenthesis, then it refers to an array element: the characters before the first open parenthesis are the name of the array, and the characters between the parentheses are the index within the array. Otherwise varName refers to a scalar variable. If varName includes namespace qualifiers (in the array name if it refers to an array element), or if varName is unqualified (does not include the names of any containing namespaces) but no procedure is active, varName refers to a namespace variable resolved according to the rules described under NAME RESOLUTION in the namespace manual page. If a procedure is active and varName is unqualified, then varName refers to a parameter or local variable of the procedure, unless varName was declared to resolve differently through one of the global, variable or upvar commands. EXAMPLES
Store a random number in the variable r: set r [expr {rand()}] Store a short message in an array element: set anAry(msg) "Hello, World!" Store a short message in an array element specified by a variable: set elemName "msg" set anAry($elemName) "Hello, World!" Copy a value into the variable out from a variable whose name is stored in the vbl (note that it is often easier to use arrays in practice instead of doing double-dereferencing): set in0 "small random" set in1 "large random" set vbl in[expr {rand() >= 0.5}] set out [set $vbl] SEE ALSO
expr(n), global(n), namespace(n), proc(n), trace(n), unset(n), upvar(n), variable(n) KEYWORDS
read, write, variable Tcl set(n)