Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Notification from Background jobs Post 302121721 by vibhor_agarwali on Monday 18th of June 2007 05:17:42 AM
Old 06-18-2007
Wrapper script Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

background jobs

Hi, i have a problem with turning a job into backgrund. When i enter this at the shell: spice -b darlington.cir -r output.raw > screenout.tmp & and then let me show the currently running jobs, i get the following output: + Suspended (tty output) spice -b darlington.cir -r output.raw >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: qsi
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking background jobs from another session

Ok, so I'm comfortable backgrounding jobs in the shell, starting and stopping them, and bringing them to the fg and bg. What I can't figure out is how to monitor those background jobs from another shell (remote, or local). Example: - On a local console for MYHOST, I su to root - I then update... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikingshelmut
3 Replies

3. Programming

Background jobs

Hi there, I'm quite new to UNIX for programming. I have a script that does this: Shows on screen real-time results taken from phone calls and logs them in a file. However, when I start my script, I want my script to start logging in the file in the background, so I can continue working on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jeremiorama
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

background job finished notification

In my last job someone gave me the command to put in my .profile that let me know when a job I had running in the background finished. It was a word about 5 char long. I can't remember it! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkeller
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

background jobs exit status and limit the number of jobs to run

i need to execute 5 jobs at a time in background and need to get the exit status of all the jobs i wrote small script below , i'm not sure this is right way to do it.any ideas please help. $cat run_job.ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh #################################### typeset -u SCHEMA_NAME=$1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GrepMe
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Background jobs

If I run a job in the background and logoff. Will the job continue to run or will my processes be killed ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jxh461
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Background Jobs

We had a generic process where the jobs are scheduled to run sequentially and in background. We are noticing the problems with the background jobs. Error Message: /bin/ksh: /home/suren/bin/GenericReportScript.sh: cannot execute The same script is existing in bin and it had enough... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureng
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nohup and background jobs

Hi All, Can someone help me in knowing the exact difference between nohup and &. The definition is quite clear but i only want to know if i run my job using & and in between i hung up my terminal. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uinx_addic
10 Replies

9. Red Hat

shc utility for background jobs

I have used shc utillity to convert a shell script to it's compiled version.Inside this script i have called another shell script which is also in compled version. Example:- Main script:- main.sh.x child script:- child.sh.x (this is called inside main.sh.x) This child script will run in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
2 Replies

10. AIX

Use of screen in running background jobs and how to use this

Hello, Please advise use of screen in running jobs in nohup background and how to use this Best regards, Vishal (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
1 Replies
Mail::Milter::Wrapper::DecodeSRS(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		     Mail::Milter::Wrapper::DecodeSRS(3pm)

NAME
Mail::Milter::Wrapper::DecodeSRS - milter wrapper to decode SRS-encoded return path SYNOPSIS
use Mail::Milter::Wrapper::DecodeSRS; my $milter = ...; my $wrapper = new Mail::Milter::Wrapper::DecodeSRS($milter); my $wrapper2 = &DecodeSRS($milter); # convenience DESCRIPTION
Mail::Milter::Wrapper::DecodeSRS is a convenience milter wrapper which decodes MAIL FROM: return paths which have been encoded by the Sender Rewrite Scheme, SRS. (More information: http://www.libsrs2.org/) This wrapper internally understands both the SRS0 and SRS1 encod- ing schemes documented by the Mail::SRS author. The decoded address is made available to the contained milter via the "envfrom" callback, in the same way that a raw address would. NOTE: If the address is not SRS encoded, the contained milter is NOT called for the duration of the message; instead, SMFIS_ACCEPT is returned. This is because the milter writer is expected to use this wrapper in a chain that also includes the contained milter without wrapping, in order to prevent a malicious sender from using SRS to bypass access checks. For instance, the following is a proper usage of this wrapper in a chain: my $envfrommilter = ...; my $combinedmilter = new Mail::Milter::Chain( new Mail::Milter::Wrapper::UnwrapSRS($envfrommilter), $envfrommilter ); This behavior can also be used if, e.g., the MTA already does one form of MAIL FROM: check, and the contained milter repeats that same database check against SRS rewritten addresses. (A good example would be a milter emulating Sendmail's access_db map.) AUTHOR
Todd Vierling, <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com> SEE ALSO
Mail::Milter::Wrapper perl v5.8.8 2004-02-26 Mail::Milter::Wrapper::DecodeSRS(3pm)