Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pls Help.. Really Urgent
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pls Help.. Really Urgent Post 302121675 by raghavan.aero on Monday 18th of June 2007 12:58:56 AM
Old 06-18-2007
I am working on the unix OS and K Shell.
The pipe gets created and i dont know why it throws error?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab - URGENT pls

I put 30 2 * * * /usr/bin/tar cvf /dev/rct0 /u/csa/* in my crontab file (SCO5) but I want to be absolutely sure that the backup job finishes successfully. I know that whenever cron cannot execute a command sends an e-mail to root with the error code and/or an explanation of the problem. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pappous
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CAn any1 help me pls...urgent need to pass up this monday

CAn any1 help me pls...urgent need to pass up this monday my assigment..... im new bird at unix so pls help me.... can any1 help me answer this question? 1a.What are the different type of shell available in UNIX. b.How to know which shell you are currently used? c.How to change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yeah016
1 Replies

3. Solaris

lex on solaris??? (urgent, pls!!!)

Hi everyone, I would like to know how to compile and run lex programs on solaris 10. the conventional way is $ lex <name.l> $ cc lex.yy.c -ll $ ./a.out but while trying to execute the 2nd command :i get a reference saying that the command is old or that main is not supported... Hence... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

If not working...pls help:URGENT

Following is d code snipet #!/bin/ksh retVal=`sqlplus -s user/passwd\@oracle_sid <<EOF SET SERVEROUTPUT ON SIZE 100000 DECLARE STATUS_VALUE VARCHAR2(1); BEGIN SELECT temp1 INTO STATUS_VALUE FROM sai; DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(STATUS_VALUE); END; / exit; EOF` echo "Return Value... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sainathdeg
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

URGENT :pls help

Following is d code snipet #!/bin/ksh retVal=`sqlplus -s user/passwd\@oracle_sid <<EOF SET SERVEROUTPUT ON SIZE 100000 DECLARE STATUS_VALUE VARCHAR2(1); BEGIN SELECT temp1 INTO STATUS_VALUE FROM sai; DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(STATUS_VALUE); END; / exit; EOF` echo "Return Value... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sainathdeg
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pls Help me.. soon. Very urgent

I have downloaded the Putty SSH configuration. I have entered my Host name as illinois.engr.sjsu.edu and i am trying to save that. But i am unable to save. Also i opened the session and entered my log in name But it says using keyboard interactive authentication.I am not able to get into $ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VamsiVasili
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

pls help me very urgent

will post again (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: revertback
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Me Pls Its Urgent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, These are the text file I have //input1.txt// cd dir1/dir2/pg1.txt cd dir3/dir4/pg2.txt cd dir88/dir5/pg4.txt cd dir7/dir6/pg5.txt cd dir8/dir9/pg7.txt And each text file has some text. Now I have to write a shell script which reads input1.txt and changes the directory as shown... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhavanabahety
1 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEB(1)						     Debhelper							  DH_INSTALLDEB(1)

NAME
dh_installdeb - install files into the DEBIAN directory SYNOPSIS
dh_installdeb [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdeb is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files into the DEBIAN directories in package build directories with the correct permissions. FILES
package.postinst package.preinst package.postrm package.prerm These maintainer scripts are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Inside the scripts, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. package.triggers package.shlibs These control files are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Note that package.shlibs is only installed in compat level 9 and earlier. In compat 10, please use dh_makeshlibs(1). package.conffiles This control file will be installed into the DEBIAN directory. In v3 compatibility mode and higher, all files in the etc/ directory in a package will automatically be flagged as conffiles by this program, so there is no need to list them manually here. package.maintscript Lines in this file correspond to dpkg-maintscript-helper(1) commands and parameters. However, the "maint-script-parameters" should not be included as debhelper will add those automatically. Example: # Correct rm_conffile /etc/obsolete.conf 0.2~ foo # INCORRECT rm_conffile /etc/obsolete.conf 0.2~ foo -- "$@" In compat 10 or later, any shell metacharacters will be escaped, so arbitrary shell code cannot be inserted here. For example, a line such as "mv_conffile /etc/oldconffile /etc/newconffile" will insert maintainer script snippets into all maintainer scripts sufficient to move that conffile. It was also the intention to escape shell metacharacters in previous compat levels. However, it did not work properly and as such it was possible to embed arbitrary shell code in earlier compat levels. The dh_installdeb tool will do some basic validation of some of the commands listed in this file to catch common mistakes. The validation is enabled as a warning since compat 10 and as a hard error in compat 12. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLDEB(1)