Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: exit(0) versus exit(1)
Top Forums Programming exit(0) versus exit(1) Post 302121618 by enuenu on Sunday 17th of June 2007 07:31:30 AM
Old 06-17-2007
Thanks, I am still investigating (this and much more).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I find a list of exit codes? (Exit code 64)

I'm receiving an exit code 64 in our batch scheduler (BMC product control-m) executing a PERL script on UX-HP. Can you tell me where I can find a list of exit codes and their meaning. I'm assuming the exit code is from the Unix operating system not PERL. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkuchar747
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

exit

Hi all, I am confused about When and where to use exit 0 and exit 1 ... Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhananjaysk
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

exit from script

I have a shell script with options, one of which should exit the system (logout), however when I select this option it drops down to shell, is there a command other than exit that will close the session completely ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gefa
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

exit 2

Hi even though I use exit in my first scripts, I am not sure exactly about exit codes.I know there is a relation between return and exit codes, exit 0 means it returned a 0 to indicate there is no error at the end of this point. But what does it mean: exit 1 , probably there was an error, OK... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xramm
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is meaning of exit(0) and exit(1)

can u tell me what is the meaning of exit(0),exit(1),exit(2) what is diff amonng these. Amit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script exit

HI, I written a shell script to stop my peoplesoft applications.Peoplesoft provides a psadmin utility to stop the application. I used the force shutdown option with it psadmin -c shutdown! -d pskri. When my application process hungs in the background the script is not able to continue and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

RE: exit value

I am running HP-UX & ksh I have several validation programs that scan log files for error messages. One of these files scan 3 diff files, thus I have the exit value in a variable and depending on which log-file I am scanning the value changes. I am not getting the value I expect but a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vslewis
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What does it mean and how do I do it: exit 0 fi ??

I use a Mac and need to 'echo' a code in >> /etc/hosts Where is: /etc/hosts? And how do I do : exit 0 Does : 'fi' mean something too? :confused:Thanks for any help, Jacqrav:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacqrav
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If else then exit

Hi, if then mailx -s " MESSAGE " abc@xyz.com < $file else exit fi Could you let me know if the pattern is not found will the script exit. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bprabhukumar
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need the difference between exit 1 & exit 7

Hi In one of the script I am seeing some thing like exit 7,exit 1,exit 2,exit 3,exit 9,exit6.What is the difference between all of this exit.Can anyone help here please (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginrkf
3 Replies
sysdiagnose(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					    sysdiagnose(1)

NAME
sysdiagnose -- gathers system-wide diagnostic information helpful in investigating system performance issues SYNOPSIS
sysdiagnose -h sysdiagnose [-f results_directory] [-A archive_name] [-V volume_path] [-n] [-k] [-F] [-S] [-u] [-Q] [-b] [-p] [-P] [-d] [-D] [-r] [-R] [process_name | pid] DESCRIPTION
The sysdiagnose tool gathers system diagnostic information helpful in investigating system performance issues. A great deal of information is harvested, spanning system state and configuration. The data is stored /var/tmp directory. sysdiagnose needs to be run as root. To cancel an in-flight sysdiagnose triggered via command line interface, press Ctrl-. sysdiagnose is automatically triggered when the following key chord is pressed: Control-Option-Command-Shift-Period. What sysdiagnose collects: o A spindump of the system o Several seconds of fs_usage ouput o Several seconds of top output o Data about kernel zones o Status of loaded kernel extensions o Resident memory usage of user processes o Recent system logs o A System Profiler report o Recent crash reports o Disk usage information o I/O Kit registry information o Network status o If a specific process is supplied as an argument: list of malloc-allocated buffers in the process's heap is collected o If a specific process is supplied as an argument: data about unreferenced malloc buffers in the process's memory is collected o If a specific process is supplied as an argument: data about the virtual memory regions allocated in the process OPTIONS
-h Display help. -v Enable verbose mode to display the container information as it executes. -f results_directory Specify the directory where the results will be stored. The default results directory is /var/tmp. -A archive_name Specify the name of the archive created in the results directory. -V volume_path Specify the root volume for sysdiagnose to run on. -n Do not tar the resulting sysdiagnose directory. -k Do not remove the temporary directory. -F Get feedback data. -S Disable streaming to tarball. -u Disable UI feedback. -Q Skip footprint. -b Do NOT show the resulting archive in a Finder window upon completion. -p Collect only time-sensitive data. Disregards previous -d or -r flags. -P Do not collect time-sensitive data. -d Collect only log data. Disregards previous -p or -r flags. -D Do not collect log data. -r Collect only log archive. Disregards previous -p or -d flags. -R Do not collect log archive. process_name | pid If a single process appears to be slowing down the system, passing in the process name or ID as the argument gathers additional process-specific diagnostic data. Specify only ONE process at a time -- specifying multiple processes is not supported. EXIT STATUS
sysdiagnose exits with status 0 if there were no internal errors encountered during the diagnostic, or >0 when an error unrelated to external state occurs or unusable input is provided by the user. OS X
January 24, 1984 OS X