Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Execute a part of shell script only after particular date and time Post 302121585 by fed.linuxgossip on Saturday 16th of June 2007 05:38:33 PM
Old 06-16-2007
Execute a part of shell script only after particular date and time

I have created a simple shell script... say test.sh

Contents of test.sh
================

service named restart
cp /etc/imp.conf /backup/test/
#-- if date > 15 July 2007 11:23 pm , then only issue the commans below, else exit ---
cp /etc/secondimp.conf /backup/test/
rm -f /etc/secondimp.conf

##------ End of test.sh ------ ##

So .. how do I achieve this.. a cron is set to run test.sh daily... but I want commands from line 4 to run only after 15 July 2007 11:23 pm ... if not.. the script will execute first two commands only and exit.

Please advise.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to get the date and time of mail which we get into our inbox using shell script?

Hello All, I need a script which extarct the date and time of the mail which is there in our inbox... I can export the mail copy into desktop making it as a textfile or something like that.. So is there anyway to get the date and time from that? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to sort entries in a file by date and time

Hello All, Need a shell script to sort entries in a file by date and time. Below are the entries in the file, i need to sort it first by the date and then time Note :- Date is in MM/DD/YY format and date comes as the 6th & time comes on 7th coloumns respectively. 150 pbnawldb001-b... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajiwww
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to update date part with new increment date time

hi experts, my requirement is like this i need to develop a shell script to update date part with new incremental date time in file some 'X' which is kept at some server location incrementing every two hours.as i am new to this scripting i need support from u people,thanx in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amanmro
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date and Time comparison using shell script

Hi, I'm having two fields in the file F1|F2 20111220|102000 F1 ->YYYYMMDD F2 ->HHMMSS Now, I need to compare this with current date & time and need to return the difference value in hours. Already, I checked with datecalc from the forum. So, need hints from Shell Gurus. Thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzusa
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute a part of code at particular time

I had to execute the following code at 10:00 AM if then echo "Job done"; fi But this is not the entire piece of code, this is sub part of code which alone is to be executed at 10:00 AM, could anyone help me with this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kishore kumar
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to do simple date (time) calculation in shell script?

Hi, I'm looking for a way to do a simple math calc during a shell script as a means of logging how long a particular task takes. For example... STARTTIME=whenever this script starts ./path/to/command.sh >>logfile.log TOTALTIME=<time at this stage of the script after above command... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbsparks
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date / Time difference in shell script

================================================================================ Request ID GMDCOM TIME GMDRRS TIME COM-RRS ================================================================================ <36812974> Tue Oct 1 13:32:40 2013 Tue Oct 1 20:36:42 2013... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghosh_tanmoy
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date / Time difference in shell script

Request ID GMDCOMTM GMDRRSTIME GMDRESTIME <36812986> : : :I want to display the date -time difference in other fields. Above I have given for only 1 record. I want to calculate for all the records. (GMCOMTM - GMDRRSTM) ,(GMDRRSTM-GMDRESTM) and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghosh_tanmoy
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date time difference in UNIX shell script

There are 2 dates, Tue Oct 1 13:40:19 2013 Sun Sept 30 10:26:23 2013 I have multiple dates like the above one. How do I calculate the date time difference and display in another column in Shell script. Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanmoysays
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract date and time part from filename

Hi, I am facing one scenario in which I need to extract exact position of date and time from the name of the files. For example, Below is the record in which I need to extract position of YYYYMMDD,HHMISS and YYMMDD. Date and time variables can come more than once. I need to use these position... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prathmesh
13 Replies
SHUNIT2(1)																SHUNIT2(1)

NAME
shunit2 - A unit test framework for shell scripts SYNOPSIS
shunit2 unitfile DESCRIPTION
shUnit2 is a xUnit unit test framework for Bourne based shell scripts, and it is designed to work in a similar manner to JUnit, PyUnit, etc.. If you have ever had the desire to write a unit test for a shell script, shUnit2 can do the job. You can either run shunit2 directly from the commandline and specify the unit file or directly source the shunit2 executable. If you directly execute shunit2 and don't specify a unitfile shunit2 assumes a empty testfile and will return without an error message. EXAMPLE
Simple script to test if 1 equals 1 #! /bin/sh testEquality() { assertEquals 1 1 } # load shunit2 . shunit2 Execute shUnit2 unit tests directly from the commandline shunit2 /path/to/unit/file OPTIONS
shunit2 does not support any commandline options at all. You can either source shunit2 to execute your unit tests or directly run shunit2 as a commandline script. SEE ALSO
For more information see http://code.google.com/p/shunit2/ or have a look at the installed documentation in /usr/share/doc/shunit2/ AUTHOR
shunit2 was written by Kate Ward <kate.ward@forestent.com>. This manpage was written by Ulrich Dangel <mru@spamt.net>. 2.1.6 03/25/2012 SHUNIT2(1)