Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Disk cloning using ufsrestore Post 302121529 by Just Ice on Friday 15th of June 2007 08:31:27 PM
Old 06-15-2007
i've used the line below since solaris 2.5.1 and it's still good on solaris 10 ...
Code:
ufsdump 0uf /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s7 | (cd /new_exporthome; ufsrestore rf -)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Disk cloning

Hello everybody, :confused: I have to change the system disk on an old PC running SCO 5.0.5. The disk is up and running, this is a preventive action. My experience on UNIX is very limited and I look for the easyest solution to clone this unit. Is it possible with commands or through a clone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhachez
2 Replies

2. Solaris

ufsrestore

on sparc solaris 2.8 hosts, HOSTB, after changing to /dir1 need to: connect to tape drive on HostA. change directory to /dir0/dir1 on tape and restore everything under that path to /dir1 directory. could i get help?. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: S26+
1 Replies

3. Solaris

ufsrestore?

I'm trying to restore a server from a backup tape. I've partitioned my drive, and I've run into a problem; After extracting everything from the tape, It seems as if only the directory structure is intact. Here are my steps: 1. booted from cdrom to single user mode boot cdrom -s 2. used... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ECBROWN
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

Hpux Disk Cloning

hello, Anybody that has already running script or command that can disk clone the hpux machine thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eykyn17
2 Replies

5. Solaris

ufsrestore

Hi , I accidentally deleted crontab entries and I need to restore back urgently ! we use a ufsdump with 0cfu option. I like to know how to restrore / retrieve to different location for crontab file only from the backup. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skully
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Problem by cloning boot disk.

Hello guys! I use the Solaris 10 x86 machine. I need to clone the boot disk. Why, when I copy slice 1 - there is a following: # ufsdump 0f - /dev/rdsk/c0d0s1 | (cd /mnt && ufsrestore rf - ) DUMP: Warning - super-block on device `/dev/rdsk/c0d01` is corrupt - run fsck Dump: The Entire... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
6 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Automated disk cloning

Hi, I'm running Ubuntu on my laptop. To keep my data safe and easy disaster recovery as well I bought similar HDD to one installed in my laptop with higher capacity and using USB box I'm doing disk clone to it. So at any time I can replace disk and carry on with my work as before. I'm trying... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uvaio
2 Replies

8. Ubuntu

dd cloning of whole disk

I am using 'dd' to clone an entire hard drive which only has Ubuntu 11.10 and some data with no special options. The disks are both 1Tb, However, I did re-partition the target disk with gparted successfully. The new partions are not the same size as the source disk. When starting 'dd' no partitions... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: Royalist
24 Replies

9. Linux

Disk cloning ?

Dear All I needed to clone my disk to another hard drive . I did it as the following : #dd if=/dev/sdb of=/dev/sdc But after a while, the procedure ended with the "writing to /dev/sdc input/output error" message. Can you please let me know how can I overcome this as the fdisk now returns as "... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hadimotamedi
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ufsrestore

Good Afternoon, I'm going to attempt a ufsrestore of a Solaris 9 machine from a connected NAS containing the ufsdumps. The idea is to be able to take ufsdumps of a failed machine (machine 1), and use them to set up a backup machine (machine 2). (I'm testing for disaster recovery) Note... (52 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
52 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)